Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry after Classic turned out so good and seeing this and all the mistakes and the reissued stuff Id never buy this figure and I kind of agree with what Nova said here... ^^^

Hot toys are plotting their own downfall i'm afraid, the constant chase for the quick buck with same characters, reissues, variants, remakes in place of actually developing new franchises and characters will result in long term losses.

At least thats how i see it unfolding :wave

We're getting off topic :lol. I don't know if you're right about that, though. It's true that the folks who already have certain figures that are being re-released may start to become bored with Hot Toys, and may even go as far as to stop collecting out of frustration. But, Hot Toys also draws in a lot of new customers, who've never had the chance to pick up some of these older figures (myself, for example, as I've only started to collect Hot Toys for about three years now). A lot of original owners also seem to be appreciative of the idea of variants so that they can add to their current collections (whatever those collections might be).

What concerns me the most is the constant increase in pricing, and their continuing backlog of figures (eg. Metal Gear Solid :monkey2). I'd like to see Hot Toys figures fall back to the $150 to $200 range, but realistically, I doubt that will ever happen.

Hot toys are plotting their own downfall i'm afraid, the constant chase for the quick buck with same characters, reissues, variants, remakes in place of actually developing new franchises and characters will result in long term losses.

All we need is for a existing/ new company to bang out a few 1/6 figures and take a % of their market and they might start to listen to the fans.:dunno

All we need is for a existing/ new company to bang out a few 1/6 figures and take a % of their market and they might start to listen to the fans.:dunno

The problem with Hot Toys is that they don't really have any competition besides Enterbay. It would be nice to have some other company come along, who can provide a fresh take on some official licenses, and sell their figures for a fraction of the cost.

We're getting off topic :lol. I don't know if you're right about that, though. It's true that the folks who already have certain figures that are being re-released may start to become bored with Hot Toys, and may even go as far as to stop collecting out of frustration. But, Hot Toys also draws in a lot of new customers, who've never had the chance to pick up some of these older figures (myself, for example, as I've only started to collect Hot Toys for about three years now). A lot of original owners also seem to be appreciative of the idea of variants so that they can add to their current collections (whatever those collections might be).

What concerns me the most is the constant increase in pricing, and their continuing backlog of figures (eg. Metal Gear Solid :monkey2). I'd like to see Hot Toys figures fall back to the $150 to $200 range, but realistically, I doubt that will ever happen.

That is true, but their disregard for their long-term customers is frustrating, i don't hate remakes or reissues but i do hate that they are obviously taking the place of new figures, most recently the MKVI reissue, this figure & the T800 were produced and developed at the expense of finally doing some MGS or other new franchises, if they have time for those but not for MGS then it's a simple fact that they are prioritizing remaking/milking older franchises over starting up new ones.

If the could co-exist that'd be ideal but HT are getting very very bad at making new franchises. Nearly all of the new characters coming have all been delayed from last year, the MK2 remake and Black-Suit Spidey released on schedule however.

So that's my issue, i want variety of new franchises and characters, and sadly that is rare from HT they are nearly all versions or remakes of existing characters or new characters from existing franchises, instead of doing a 5th Joker they should be servicing their neglected customers with the 1st of a new character.

________

We are getting way off topic though :lol

I'm looking forward to this as i too missed it the first time around, having a look at my shdow i really can see the differences more so from when it first went up, it's not 100% accurate but i'm not a huge fan so i don't mind :D

Last edited:
True, I was hoping my return to the site would be a treat to the eye, new figures and what not that i'd never have expected and thus far it seems to be re-hashes all round :')

attachment.php

all kind of awesome in that pic :hi5:

I keep going back and looking at the production pictures , its still a cool looking predator to add to the collection.We can call him are p2 cousin in newyork.

That is very well put, And exactly how I see it also :goodpost:
Although a lot of the folks on here myself included are gluttons for punishment :slap:thud:

No the current figure, the new one. Cancel production, go back to it and resculpt the problems?

Back