Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the new Predator 2, i definitely will buy it!

But there got some inaccurate problems compared to the original movie.

-The mask surface is too textured and rough, it should be smoother.

-The mouth and mandibles, it looks odd and not accurate with the original movie.

P2.jpg

Oh right, I remember that.
I probably shouldn't risk it..wish they would have just sculpted entirely new mandibles.

Are you ____ing kidding me? The closed mandible look from P2 was jaw-droppingly beautiful. Just truly amazing. THESE mandibles are not new at all. They were used on Snake, then again on Classic..and now on my favorite of all.

normal_bluray1090.jpg

I know exactly what yoú´re talking about, Lar and I´m not ******* kiddin´you.

It´s just that I don´t like the completely closed look.
I DO have to admit that I didn´t see the movie in quite a while, but still...even with your screencap...the mandibles look accurate, when you think of´em imagined in a half opened look...it look´s great and the P2, completely closed...looks squashed...just my 2 cents.

Ouh, and Classic was the first Predator I liked closed mandible style from HT
All others...not so much.

Nice job on the new Predator 2, i definitely will buy it!

But there got some inaccurate problems compared to the original movie.

-The mask surface is too textured and rough, it should be smoother.
I wouldnt worry about that too much. Hot Toys Bio pics quite often are hammered but upon release are smooth. I remember hating Berserker's proto mask pics because it was like this P2 mask but when it came out it was smooth.

i'm glad i sold all my older preds at very good prices about a year ago , i had a feeling they were going to redo and improve most of them , won't be long till we see a new elder predator too i hope :pray:

What is it with HT and the rough bio texture?? :slap in the movie it's smooth, i just don't get it.

I can see the inaccuracies people are talking about, but still it looks amazing, will pre-order it on OSB as soon as the pre-order is up and Waiman already said it will be up soon! :yess: But is this going to be released just on Q4?... It will be a hard wait... :gah:

im sure the owners of the original p2 release arnt gonna be too happy..even though this looks good,,,HT why not a new pred rather than a re-release,but im sure people that missed out on the original are happy they get a shot at it again

im sure the owners of the original p2 release arnt gonna be too happy..even though this looks good,,,HT why not a new pred rather than a re-release,but im sure people that missed out on the original are happy they get a shot at it again

i think it's great that new collectors have the opportunity to buy a new 1/6 scale predator 2 ,it's been already a bunch of years that hot toys released their first p2 so i don't see anything wrong about revisiting such a great character and although the articulation on these new pred bodies are not as good as on the old ones i still think these new figures look much better than the original ones

Last edited:
Paint job looks amazing, even more detailed than the Classic! Not sure if I'll get this or not, on one hand the extra accessories this comes with over the Classic could make this a nice alternative but on the other no King Willie decapitated head :(

I'm gonna get this one...Sometimes I think all of the guys who hate hot toys for reissueing are pretty funny. Do you collect for fun, or just to say "hey this one is worth...." Keep the reissues coming..they keep on getting better!

I really like this, but as with the Terminator I may hold out until I see what 1/4 scale stuff from Hot Toys will look like.. I have many HT 1/6 but would love to go 1/4 with Pred, Terminator and Batman. I guess SDCC will have some amazing eye candy from HT this year....I hope!

I'm sort of dismayed that this doesn't come with one of those Predator frisbees as an accessory.

Back