Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics everyone.
Keep 'em coming.

Like others have mentioned, the side-by-side comparing ver.1 with ver.2 would be nice too.

Missed out on the first version, but not this time. Just receive it and really enjoy looking at the details. Like every bits of it. Definitely one of my fav.

Does Tony Stark design the eye and mouth slits on the mask based on the calculations of probability of bullets or any projectile flying into them?

Does Tony Stark design the eye and mouth slits on the mask based on the calculations of probability of bullets or any projectile flying into them?

I am not sure of this, but I think I saw some kind of shiny glass transparent material around the holes of the eyes. I think be designed them to be bullet proof.

Just opened my Mark I and mine has a couple of issues, both with the head. I have a big flesh tone paint flaw on his hair (not a huge deal since he will wear his mask). More importantly, there is a problem with the mask. It seems the tab that attaches to the helm was molded slightly bent. So the mask doesn't mount flush on Tony's right side and the eyes aren't centered in the mask. I am going to have my LCS owner get them replaced if possible.

I haven't read through this thread, but are people experiencing any issues similar to these? I own every Iron Man Hot Toys figure to date, and this is the first one with issues THIS bad!

Got my fatty armour this morning :yess: There's so much detail put into this thing I can't stop staring at it. I took a few snaps with my other IM figs.

005-7.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-2.jpg

018-4.jpg

001-2.jpg

Just opened my Mark I and mine has a couple of issues, both with the head. I have a big flesh tone paint flaw on his hair (not a huge deal since he will wear his mask). More importantly, there is a problem with the mask. It seems the tab that attaches to the helm was molded slightly bent. So the mask doesn't mount flush on Tony's right side and the eyes aren't centered in the mask. I am going to have my LCS owner get them replaced if possible.

I haven't read through this thread, but are people experiencing any issues similar to these? I own every Iron Man Hot Toys figure to date, and this is the first one with issues THIS bad!

My Mark 1's mask right side also does not flush very well with the helmet overall but is pretty negligable. Look to SixthScaleEdward photo for reference just a few posts before and his mask is also similar.

I believe that this is the factory mould layout hence the similarity but my Tony Stark's eyes can be seen clearly through the centre of the mask eye holes. Will post a reference photo when I am back home. In Singapore, we already have a couple of collectors who have problems with the lights on the Mark 1 and I was one of them. I was lucky and managed to have a brand new one to one exchange from my local toy shop.
Hope this helps as I believe that some people may have encounter QC issues on this figure...

He doesn't look small compared to the other suits there. Seems to be the correct height, meaning the 1.0 was too tall?

If you are referencing the picture above your post, look at Mark I and VI, both angled by their stands -- see how mych taller VI is to V.... while the I is just slightly above the II. Therefore, if V and VI are the same height, means I is shorter than II.

If the Mk I wasn't made to look like such a monster in the cave relative to the little people he assaulted, it wouldn't make me think he should be a bulky head taller.

But hey, I'm still getting it because its the most awesome junkpile ever!!!

Hope this light issue isn't an issue. I'm holding off on getting the 1.0 or the 2.0 based on customer satisfaction at this point. Need about 20 more guys' reports to be sure.

Meantime, I think I'll buy the Mk II. :D

This is my Mark 1 with the eyes seen through the mask of the helmet.
I will say he is an awesome figure but handle with care as the parts on his back seem to be a little fragile for my liking, :)
4.jpg

Here's mine. But i got to contact sideshow bcus my arc reactor light is broken. My favorite Iron Man armor so far. I own M.1, M.2, M.5, M.6 (Avengers)

0E552C17-B76A-424E-8D05-BF908B8A8D8F-5010-00000153F8486878.jpg

Such a wicked looking figure.

This whole light thing is a concern now, huh? Seems like a lot of people talking about it. Maybe buying from eBay to save $30-40 isn't such a good call if you have to return it. Although I don't know really how often I'd even turn that light on. Maybe two-three times when I first get it in-hand and after that, maybe never again.

Back