Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c28efdde27cc02079e07cad82749094d.jpg

I've had the two ASM figures since release, but I only got the SM3 one last week. It's a fun little display and the black suit version is on the way ... but now I know the Homecoming pair are gonna be irresistible!

Agreed. Spidey is my all time favorite and I can't resist. I have all previous releases so far and intend to get the new one. Just not sure about the homemade suit. I like it but due to space and money I'll have to pass.

I really want this as well....however all of the broken ankles have forced me to pass...

I had mine in a very basic pose on a shelf for years and when I moved and boxed him up somehow both of his ankles were broken

I don't understand how that even happens

it's like the plastic they used deteriorated or something and now they have zero rigidity to them to hold a pose

...so far so good on the ankle's on mine. I have had no problems with mine over the years. I still love this version, and to me the Rami Spider-man movies have history to them and are a tent pole in the history of Superhero movies. In the same way Christopher Reeve Superman movies made us "believe a man can fly", the Rami movies made us believe Spider-man could swing through the city. Yea, Spiderman 3 wasn't so good, but the costume is essentially the same from the first two films, and this Spider-Man will always be the first and the one which put Spider-man as a legitimate movie franchise on the map. I love Spider-man homecoming, and I PO'd the figure, and I love how fresh and different Homecoming Spidey was. Homecoming is the definitive MCU and modern take on Spidey, it's a great movie and people can argue it's the "best"; but I kind of see it as apples and oranges, because the first two Rami films were classic Spider-Man, and while I LOVE the interconectivity of Homecoming with the MCU, I also greatly appreciate the classic Spider-Man self contained world of the Rami films in their time. I am very glad to have a Hot Toys representation of the Spider-Man on my shelf.

Has anybody tried to replace the ankles? I wonder where the best place to cut the suit would be?

I think I remember seeing pics or a video of someone doing that, I think they cut the suit from the souls at the feet

...so far so good on the ankle's on mine. I have had no problems with mine over the years. I still love this version, and to me the Rami Spider-man movies have history to them and are a tent pole in the history of Superhero movies. In the same way Christopher Reeve Superman movies made us "believe a man can fly", the Rami movies made us believe Spider-man could swing through the city. Yea, Spiderman 3 wasn't so good, but the costume is essentially the same from the first two films, and this Spider-Man will always be the first and the one which put Spider-man as a legitimate movie franchise on the map. I love Spider-man homecoming, and I PO'd the figure, and I love how fresh and different Homecoming Spidey was. Homecoming is the definitive MCU and modern take on Spidey, it's a great movie and people can argue it's the "best"; but I kind of see it as apples and oranges, because the first two Rami films were classic Spider-Man, and while I LOVE the interconectivity of Homecoming with the MCU, I also greatly appreciate the classic Spider-Man self contained world of the Rami films in their time. I am very glad to have a Hot Toys representation of the Spider-Man on my shelf.

People tend to forget what an impact SM1 was. Marketing for that was EVERYWHERE. X-Men was big, but SM1 is the thing that really started all these studios ******** out all these CBMs.

Has anybody tried to replace the ankles? I wonder where the best place to cut the suit would be?

I did. I posted some pics early on in the thread about fixing/replacing the ankles but it's very difficult and you need another figure to replace them with. These ankles are not the same as a regular hot toys body.

I helped fix someone's that they sent to me to do the removable head mod. It was a pain in the ass but it was better. You don't have to cut the suit to replace the ankles. You can remove the whole boot because they are separate from the legs.

To replace the ankle you can pop off the foot pad on the bottom of the foot. Then you peel the boot fabric off of the foot. It tends to be glued down on the very bottom. Then you need to remove the boot from the leg and take off the "sock" completely. There is a rubber sock covering the whole boot, ankle, and foot. You must remove this to work on the ankle. You can try glueing the pieces back together but they won't stay unless you use some JB weld or plastic cement. Then glue the rubber boot back on and tack glue the fabric back on and replace the foot pad and pop the boot back in.

Not easy.
decd02fdd98daa19469b24987024e81d.jpg

With the sock off.
0bbafa376fdbf5b519e82f2cc87c44be.jpg

Bottom of the hollow foot.
16cf12041cff406576ce882b74038a75.jpg

Picture of the angle joint without the rubber boot and foot.

I added rare earth magnets to the bottom of the feet so he could hang off of things.
ffa6ce667496066383a589271b730782.jpg

4da9287a74be688a6fdb53f36ff7dbe6.jpg

1545d7ac321c86b2c0f09b04de7d871e.jpg

dd8d2864ced98b89fbdca860ac4dfb31.jpg

0228317b282c0e0fb3eb80fe1f17469c.jpg

My head mod.

Man that's great. I wonder you could somehow get magnets in his wrist so he can cling with his arms as well.

I did. I posted some pics early on in the thread about fixing/replacing the ankles but it's very difficult and you need another figure to replace them with. These ankles are not the same as a regular hot toys body.

I helped fix someone's that they sent to me to do the removable head mod. It was a pain in the ass but it was better. You don't have to cut the suit to replace the ankles. You can remove the whole boot because they are separate from the legs.

To replace the ankle you can pop off the foot pad on the bottom of the foot. Then you peel the boot fabric off of the foot. It tends to be glued down on the very bottom. Then you need to remove the boot from the leg and take off the "sock" completely. There is a rubber sock covering the whole boot, ankle, and foot. You must remove this to work on the ankle. You can try glueing the pieces back together but they won't stay unless you use some JB weld or plastic cement. Then glue the rubber boot back on and tack glue the fabric back on and replace the foot pad and pop the boot back in.

Not easy.
decd02fdd98daa19469b24987024e81d.jpg

With the sock off.
0bbafa376fdbf5b519e82f2cc87c44be.jpg

Bottom of the hollow foot.
16cf12041cff406576ce882b74038a75.jpg

Picture of the angle joint without the rubber boot and foot.

This is great to know. Thanks! As far as I know my figures ankles are fine but I'm not going to push my luck. Too bad the ankles are unique to this figure though.

Pretty sure the ankles on mine have been ****ed since day one. They don't hold a position at all.

Wish they'd make a Spiderman 2 figure with ideas they've implemented on later figures - give him a shorter body too. Kinda bugs me how tall this figure is.

The ankle talk here has made me afraid to move the ones on mine - they certainly seem stiff.

I'd be very tempted if Hot Toys did an updated version, but it's highly unlikely to happen. Revisiting an older version of the movie franchise wouldn't make much business sense at the moment, Marvel would want HT to focus on Homecoming.

Yeah for my money it's still easily the coolest looking Spider-Man costume, and it's a shame HT never quite captured it as well. It would be awesome to see it redone and put on a better and more accurately sized body.

new 10.jpg

Well I finally decided to pick one of these up. I was a bit nervous since it's an older figure now and I wasn't really sure what the quality would be, but I gotta say in hand the detail on the outfit is really damn impressive (not to mention how soft and delicate the whole thing feels), and it has quickly become one of my favorite figures. I do wish he was a bit shorter of course, but I can easily live with that.

20170811_112344 (547x1000).jpg

20170811_112801 (588x900).jpg

20170811_112731 (520x900).jpg

Back