Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess which bad boy arrived this morning?

P8020632.jpg

P8020633.jpg

P8020634.jpg

P8020635.jpg

No real time to pose him yet as I have only just pulled him from the shipping box! But my word!!!! On first looking...this could easily shoot straight up to my top 5 figures of all time!

this WOULD be one of the absolute best figures I've ever owned except for two things that REALLY REALLY REALLY piss me off:
the ankles don't bend well, and one of them broke, which is really getting to me
and

(this one pisses me off the most)

THE WRIST PEGS!!!

they only give you 4 total! and I've already broke all but 1 just trying to simply swap out the hands!! why couldn't they give us enough to put into each hand (8 total) that way we wouldn't have to worry about it!?!?!?

if HT had just fixed these two things this figure would be like my #1 or 2, but now it's def. on the lower end of my "great figures" list.

Oh well, at least the costume is still HELLA good. so,

so yeah, today while taking photos of spidy, i broke all 3 wrist pegs...
i have no idea why the hell hot toys didnt give us pegs for each hands and make us have to change it ....****..

so yeah, today while taking photos of spidy, i broke all 3 wrist pegs...
i have no idea why the hell hot toys didnt give us pegs for each hands and make us have to change it ....****..

You broke the pegs from the Black Spidey or R/B Spidey? I thought the pegs from the Black Spidey was supposed to be better. :dunno

You broke the pegs from the Black Spidey or R/B Spidey? I thought the pegs from the Black Spidey was supposed to be better. :dunno

They are better. Red plastic is weaker than black plastic.

After almost breaking mine, I left them in the most action oriented hands, web-slingers and claw/gripping hands, and got more wrist pegs for the others.

Couldn't find anymore red so I just got flesh toned ones and keep all of them in the hands. Much easier to switch out.

After almost breaking mine, I left them in the most action oriented hands, web-slingers and claw/gripping hands, and got more wrist pegs for the others.

Couldn't find anymore red so I just got flesh toned ones and keep all of them in the hands. Much easier to switch out.

I have tons of flesh toned pegs and they do fit with the R/B Spider man but they make the hands stick out much more which looks ugly.

Do you know which flesh toned pegs you used? I believe I tried ttm18 pegs but they wouldn't fit into the arm.

But ya, heat is a must for these pegs. Red pigment does horrible things to pretty much everything. I didn't think about it when I got my first Spidey and I broke a peg.

Do you know which flesh toned pegs you used? I believe I tried ttm18 pegs but they wouldn't fit into the arm.

But ya, heat is a must for these pegs. Red pigment does horrible things to pretty much everything. I didn't think about it when I got my first Spidey and I broke a peg.

No. I'm not sure which ones. I have a bunch of different ones and tried them in the wrists before putting them on the hands. I thought about lightly tacking down the wrist fabric to the wrist with some glue so it covers the wrist pegs better but haven't gotten that far.

What are you guys doing to these pegs? I have needle nose pliers I pull them out with..and I do it on the ball joint, not the peg...no problems at all. And just paint the flesh tone pegs red.

What are you guys doing to these pegs? I have needle nose pliers I pull them out with..and I do it on the ball joint, not the peg...no problems at all. And just paint the flesh tone pegs red.

I tried pulling it out the old fashion way. I had no idea they had breakage issues at that time. If I had known, I would've broken out the hair dryer. Trying to find replacement red pegs has been impossible.

i dump all the hands in hot water and after awhile tried to pull them out with pliers but apparently it's not hot enough... broke 3 of them i just 1 shooting...

This is a perfect shot, makes me think of the scene in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon where Peter is dreaming that his suit and the symbiote are fighting over him.

Wow absolutely stunning I love museum set up like this. When I get a bigger house I'll make stuff like this.

what I had to end up doing was take a red sharpee and draw on the flesh-colored pegs so they would look natural. It works out pretty well actually

what I had to end up doing was take a red sharpee and draw on the flesh-colored pegs so they would look natural. It works out pretty well actually

That's a great idea. You can also use acrylic paint pens to do the job. They work pretty well too.

Back