Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Lovin' this Figure!!!!!!
Spider-Man3.JPG

Great pose on this shot :hi5:

Anyone got any tips to get this guy into some extreme poses? I've tried just to get him to do the splits but I really dont think the suit is going to allow it :dunno

Anyone got any tips to get this guy into some extreme poses? I've tried just to get him to do the splits but I really dont think the suit is going to allow it :dunno

You can actually get the arms and upper body in almost any pose easily. Just twist the suit as you are moving the parts to it does not get tangled up. The legs are a bit different.

If you know your HT true type bodies you know how to pose this bad boy in any position. The trick to the costume is while bending and spreading the legs, push your thumb into the crotch area to keep the seem close to body. It almost stretches the seem for easier posing. If you just try to pose it without holding the crotch seem it will not bend far at all.

If you don't know your true type, I suggest getting one so you know how to handle these figures. The best way to get the thighs at more than a 90 degree angle is to twist them so the feet touch under the butt. Then the plastic joints will be in the right position to bend upward toward the chest.

It may not be the classic Spidey look but IMO it is the best HT has to offer (at the moment)
The Raimi suit harkens back to the art of Romita - some even say Ditko too (I don't quite agree).

I'm still looking for a great Romita Spidey piece, so in the interim.. this is kind of a place holder of sorts for me. :)

It may not be the classic Spidey look but IMO it is the best HT has to offer (at the moment)

I don't understand how you mean this. How is it not the classic look? The webbing pattern on the costume is silvered and not black, but what else is missing/wrong?

I am not trying to be funny Darkseed, it's a genuine question from a fellow Spidey fan.

[QUOTE

PP wondering why Hot Toys gave him moobs?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! That's awesome! It does look like he is opening his jacket but he's actually just looking down at his hands.

Back