Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, lol. I couldn't give up. I knew I was close and thanks to the advice on here I think he's almost there. Almost 13" tall. Just trying to decide if i should paint the boot sleeves black. What do you think?

Might look good black.

I would also make his lower skirt a little longer, but keep the same shape and also make the diameter of the bottom 2 circles slightly bigger.

Might look good black.

I would also make his lower skirt a little longer, but keep the same shape and also make the diameter of the bottom 2 circles slightly bigger.

I agree with jye!

Thanks guys. I had some scrape leather and just used what I had, but it could be longer. Going to have to look for a bigger piece.

Back to your friendly neighborhood Spider-man.

Has anyone tried wrapping wires or twist ties around the webs?

i used the clear twist ties on my medicom. i twisted together like 3 of different thickness with the thinnest ones toward the end so i can wrap itaround the wrist for stability. i'd say it looked and worked great, and i'll use them again when the ht spidey comes. you can bend them any which way you want.

I was just going to suggest this, but you beat me to it. :wink1:
I used this technique on my Toybiz Spider-Man figures. Just wrap 2 of the silver twist ties (that most figures used to come with) around each other to get a web line look. It looks good, and works great because they are poseable and won't droop. I'm going to try it when I get mine, but I'm waiting on the shipping notification. Anyone order from cozmictoyz before?

Got mine yesterday and it's AMAZING!!!

I know it's not fair to compare them but here they are one close to the other, Hot Toys Spidey and Medicom one:
hottoysspidey1.jpg

And this is my 1/6 Spiderman collection. From left to right: Toybiz Marvel Icons 2006, Toybiz 2005, Hot Toys 2011, Medicom RAH Spiderman 3, Medicom RAH comic vers.:

hottoysspidey2.jpg

Hah... I remember when people were saying this looked better:

2epu8wo.jpg

And that HT looked like a Tonner.

Some people have no *** damn sense!

I actually really wanted that when I thought HT would never make a spidey figure. It looked awesome back then.

For a custom piece its still pretty impressive, I still think the product shots we saw of the Hot Toys Spidey suck.

This still looks bad to me.

66130_466375342343_58690437343_6039783_4934476_n.jpg

35620_466374352343_58690437343_6039759_5876803_n.jpg

I didnt place an order till I saw the first in hand shots.

Yeah, the custom is good for a custom way back then... but even those protos look obviously better than a Tonner doll.

Hi!

The camera includes the belt? I don't see it in the pictures

Not this one, I made the belt myself.

Esta cámara no incluye la correa. La he puesto yo mismo con una tira de cuero. Pero es la cámara más barata y los gastos de envío son gratis. Yo he comprado varias veces en esta tienda y son muy serios y rápidos.
Encantado de saludar a un compatriota!

opened my Spidey up today.Awesome figure.I took the odds and bent and twisted him to get all sorts of poses.Pics tomorrow ;)

hi guys, I just got my first hot toys figure yesterday. I am still "playing" with this figure.

Question: do we get only one extra pair of this?

2a8hp44.jpg

But we get Five (5) pairs of interchangeable palms. So if we want to change it to different palm we have to take it off? I can't take it off, do we need to use tool? or we just need to pull it harder? The only way I can take it off if I use my teeth, but I am sure there is an easier way to do it :)

Thank you for your help.

Use a hair dryer to warm it up. use needle nose pliers to remove it. Be very careful not to break the peg

Thank you so much I will give it a try.

Why would hot toys not give us 5 set of wrist pegs when we have five set of palms? That makes no sense to me especially when it's really painful to remove the peg :gah:

You can make it easier... use something to force the holes on the hands slightly larger and these goes on/off easier.. I've 60 to 70 HT figs (lost count).. never broke a peg.. extra pegs extremely useful for me of bodies without wrist pegs

My 1st Hot Toys Figure

oaofvn.jpg

169nngi.jpg

307ukcn.jpg

33wrt6r.jpg

Boy, I am having a lot of fun, I feel like I am a 6 years old again :lol
I kind of overwhelmed with so many good poses we can get from this figure, I can't stop trying for a different pose :gah:

Back