Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think any of you guys would be able to turn down a half-endoskeletonised Arnie from T3 done by Hot Toys no matter how crap you think the film is. It would be a truly magical figure in every way.

I don't think any of you guys would be able to turn down a half-endoskeletonised Arnie from T3 done by Hot Toys no matter how crap you think the film is. It would be a truly magical figure in every way.

T3 was on tv yesterday and after seeing it again that would make a pretty badass figure. Too bad that movie sucked that bad though

Where are people getting the idea that T1 is "impossible to acquire". I don't think there's ever been reason to think it impossible. The hold up has been, and unless something's changed with the license, is the likeness rights. T1 as a license is easy to get, HT already did it years ago, but without the extra costs and effort to get likeness approvals, you get stuff like hamburger face.

How many companies Have made T1 products until just recently? None that im aware of. And now we finally have Hot toys, Neca, and sideshow stepping up to the plate. I said it was impossible because whats the point in obtaining a license if you cant use the actors likeness?? It seems absolutely pointless IMO. Until now.

- Hot toys earlier T1 figures sucked.

How many companies Have made T1 products until just recently? None that im aware of. And now we finally have Hot toys, Neca, and sideshow stepping up to the plate. I said it was impossible because whats the point in obtaining a license if you cant use the actors likeness?? It seems absolutely pointless IMO. Until now.

Well the likeness rights are exactly why the market's full of T2 products and not T2, because there is no point in making products without that. I don't know if the changing of posession with the film rights has had any impact on the likeness siutation, if the new film license owners could have pursued likeness rights themselves and now the T1 license covers though through that or if these companies are independently seeking those rights outside of the film license. I don't know what the situation is that's leading to 3 companies pursuing rights to make authentic, licensed product from T1, but as fans we're lucky to see it happening.

I wouldn't buy it but I will admit that that was one of my favorite things about T3. The battle damage sustained from that helicopter is great even though it's just CGI. I loved how extreme it was.

Well the likeness rights are exactly why the market's full of T2 products and not T2, because there is no point in making products without that. I don't know if the changing of posession with the film rights has had any impact on the likeness siutation, if the new film license owners could have pursued likeness rights themselves and now the T1 license covers though through that or if these companies are independently seeking those rights outside of the film license. I don't know what the situation is that's leading to 3 companies pursuing rights to make authentic, licensed product from T1, but as fans we're lucky to see it happening.

I wonder if Pacificor have changed the situation?
I have tried to find out who owns what, but to no avail. I know that studio Canal are credited by Hot Toys, but maybe Pacificor have final say so?

Im a huge fan of the 1966 TV Batmobile.I ve been visiting the site dedicated to it for 10 years now,it was one of the first sites i visited.And for the best part of 6 years the communites wanting models were all told the same thing,ad infinitum-rights are all tied up,no-ones budging,you ll never see models in your lifetime.

Fast-forward 4 years,things are very different.Mattel seemed to chuck wheelbarrows of cash in lawyers fees at the problem,and not surprisingly it went away.Now im tripping over '66 Batmobiles at Modelzone,the shelves are lined with repops of the Aurora original,a $500+ impossible dream a few years back,theres an exquisitely detailed 1/25 kit out next year,and for $250K you can even own a fully licenced,detailed 1/1 replica.

Things change-and very often for the better!!

I wonder if Pacificor have changed the situation?
I have tried to find out who owns what, but to no avail. I know that studio Canal are credited by Hot Toys, but maybe Pacificor have final say so?

Someone said all the Terminator films were owned by different groups but I noticed Studio Canal is also credited on the T-1000 images.

My favorite new word :yess: I'll just have to be very creative in slipping it in to conversation :lol

I will be honest and make no apology, I will buy anything Terminator that Hot Toys make. But there are figures from Salvation I would want before T3.

Back