Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about it it actually makes a kind of sense that HT would reveal this clean T1 T-800 before the BD T2 T-800. With the latter probably requiring a unique body (assuming they're not going with 'stick-on' endo pieces underneath the clothes) it was easier and quicker to put this one together while they take the time to perfect the T2 BD. And perhaps knowing it was going to take a while longer to develop T2 BD they were actually thinking of us sitting around waiting, twiddling our thumbs, and wanted to give us something exciting in the meantime.

Thinking about it it actually makes a kind of sense that HT would reveal this clean T1 T-800 before the BD T2 T-800. With the latter probably requiring a unique body (assuming they're not going with 'stick-on' endo pieces underneath the clothes) it was easier and quicker to put this one together while they take the time to perfect the T2 BD. And perhaps knowing it was going to take a while longer to develop T2 BD they were actually thinking of us sitting around waiting, twiddling our thumbs, and wanted to give us something exciting in the meantime.

I'm hoping for that scenario.

Imagine how cool it would be if HT said something like "The Terminator is not the only Cameron classic we are visiting again this year!" in a newsletter, and got Biehn's rights for Hicks and Reese at the same time.

it's very nice, but how often are these sample photos the same as what ends up in our hands? they must have put that prototype disclaimer for some reason?

HT figures usually come out 95% as good as the prototype, usually what's slightly off is the paint and more specifically, the eyes, or occassionally blood/makeup effects like Joker, or the blood on this portrait might not be as nice. For the most part, what you see is what you get. Sculpt improvements may occur, though some may seem them as downgrades, but it's almost never that what you get is anything less than what you ordered.

Imagine how cool it would be if HT said something like "The Terminator is not the only Cameron classic we are visiting again this year!" in a newsletter, and got Biehn's rights for Hicks and Reese at the same time.

Fox owns ALIENS, they could get Biehn's approval for a Hicks but they have to go through FOX to get rights to the character. I don't see them going back to ALIENS. If you want a better Hicks, customizing the hair of a Reese head, if they get the rights, would be your best hope.

Fox owns ALIENS, they could get Biehn's approval for a Hicks but they have to go through FOX to get rights to the character. I don't see them going back to ALIENS. If you want a better Hicks, customizing the hair of a Reese head, if they get the rights, would be your best hope.

Yeah I can't see them revisiting Aliens either. T1 was a no brainer though, its the first of its kind (actors likeness)

And some translation of those articles with some potential nuggets would be super nice.

Be careful, those nuggets often build up hope for things that never come to be. You're better off not knowing what they say and just enjoying what HT officially announces, you can go mad getting hopes up over things hinted in these articles.

Yeah I can't see them revisiting Aliens either. T1 was a no brainer though, its the first of its kind (actors likeness)

Plus, at the most, you have 3 likeness to secure. While I'd love to see a Hicks sculpt with today's quality, where you do you stop, make just Hicks, do the rest of the marines too, which is quite a few people, will people be happy with no Ripley again, because Weaver's not big on giving out her likeness. Terminator could be Arnie and Biehn and that'd be enough to sell a fair number of figures. Also, and this sort of favors the possibility of know biker T-800, if they don't do that look, then you can say they never remade a previously release figure, same if they do '84 Reese but not future, it would ammount to just adding to a line you've already started. I hope that doesn't play out, but until this new series of T1 figures is exhausted, we have no idea if they're remaking older figures or not.

Thanks Centrocal.The back of his jacket looks good!!

hmmm...I dont really like the look of it to be honest.

This has now became my only real nit-pick with this figure.
The size of the metal studs is wrong and so is the pattern.
It just looks kind of cheap to me.
If Hot Toys shrink the studs a bit, then it would be fine.
I hope it gets improved upon before release.:pray:

Last edited:
As they are, they're likely to fall off the jacket, you don't want them going too small with those, you'll be cursing them enough as is when you take him out of the box and one's fallen off or shortly after having him you're losing them all over.

If there's one issue I have with Hot Toys over all their products, it's the cheap glue they use for small buttons, it might be a way to add them and be more in scale but they always seem to fall off.

This has now became my only real nit-pick with this figure.
The size of the metal studs is wrong and so is the pattern.
It just looks kind of cheap to me.
If Hot Toys shrink the studs a bit, then it would be fine.
I hope it gets improved upon before release.:pray:

I just had a look at the film, you're right about the size of the studs but the pattern looks right to me, or at least close enough.

Back of jacket looks okay with me, it's the shoulder chain thing that's off... it's actually some kind of metal hook clamp taped over, the end that the chain hangs off looks like a carabiner but I think it's an eye hook...

20100929_696430254e28a5606d87r8spftow9CNx.jpg

carabiner11.jpg

carabiner1.jpg

carabiner3.jpg

Last edited:
:yess: dumdumdumdum dumdumdumdum dumdumdumdum

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gFvFEYXTx-Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gFvFEYXTx-Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I just had a look at the film, you're right about the size of the studs but the pattern looks right to me, or at least close enough.

Yeah, its right...but this is what is bugging me about the pattern(look at image below)

jacketback.png

Notice the distance between the edge of the black leather and the metal studs on each of the red lines I have added.
But this isnt my main concern...its the size of the studs that bothers me.
Although its not terribly important, its just something id like improved.

The last pic is just to show my attempt at the jacket(I havent glued it on yet.)

And yeah, I immediately noticed that too PJam.
Easily fixable though I imagine.

Back