Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..so the 238 is now verging on 'bobblehead' status? :lol
he was a bobblehead since the first photo of actual product was shown. i said he was dystrophic with a giant head, and everybody said i'm stupid. now they repeat it one after another.
as usual. :D

With the MMS238 I feel like his feet are too small to support the weight of those massive heads.
Arnold_Schwarzenegger_-_I%27ll_be_back.jpg

0h87p68ti8ys8hpy.jpg

add head/palms comparison here - and make fun about head size scientifically :)

(all T letters on toy photos have similar size now, i think. so everything's in one scale)

Attachments

• allparts.jpg
    allparts.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
ok i did it myself.

i brought all photos:
- Arnold's foot/palm prints
- Arnold torso with head and palms
- toy parts

to one scale. (i checked it by copypasting a layer of a real object on a toy and making the upper level transparent enough to check the size)

then i put them size by size.

we all know that head is too big, but i think now we can see how big exactly it is :)

also please remember that in the beginning many people called MMS136 "pinhead" and they were right. (same comparings were made widely).
now MMS138 is bobblehead - and it's correct, too.
truth is between.

Attachments

• allpartstogether.jpg
    allpartstogether.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 132
he was a bobblehead since the first photo of actual product was shown. i said he was dystrophic with a giant head, and everybody said i'm stupid. now they repeat it one after another.
as usual. :D

:nono
I was with you on this from day one ;)
BTW What did you do to your mms238?

:nono
I was with you on this from day one ;)
BTW What did you do to your mms238?
:D ok ALMOST everybody :)

didn't do much with MMS238 yet. one is still in a box, awaiting for Honda be finished, and it awaits chroming some front fork parts, and it awaits my courage to do it (never worked with sprays).

i won't buy additional bodies. those ZOD are not better in proportions except for the neck, and i hope to thicken the neck on existing bodies.

_IGP3583%20copy_zpsosn8hssn.jpg~original

eye surgery got MMS136 arms with modded skeleton arm from previous version - and an attempt to widen the neck. i didn't like the attempt. i will better use silicone pads, they take shape so easily and stick to the surface.
police massacre got only a stand, otherwise it's an out of the box figure.
and tanker damaged uses the old mix of MMS136/DX13 body for now. i cannot find where i put his original body yet to perform a legs replacement operation.

_IGP3584%20copy_zps97wjsvj8.jpg~original

T1 collection doesn't fit the shelf intended specially for it :( future Reese versus future terminator had to go on a lower shelf, and there is no biker yet.

i hoped to put each terminator collection on one shelf, but now i don't know how to do it. T2 set is even wider due to T-1000s and Sarah.

Beautiful collection man!
I need to get my hands on future kyle reese, its one of my favorite.

For the necks, i use mask tape, paper tape.
Rolled around the neck plug then inserted in the neck.

I recently swapped my technoir bodies for ttm20, to have more articulation, i can achieve the uzi next to face look now ^^

Actually Zods neck is not wider than ttm20 or the original t800 bodies.
Biceps, ab, legs are longer but all the rest is ttm20, however i still think he looks more proportionate with Zods body.
Beefing the mms238 neck already makes wonder.
I got me a commando recently and the body is great buffier, but sadly the neck is too thin and cant be modded...

Would love to get a Honda but im **** with model kits so...

Did you swapped all the boots and pants on mms136?
I did the boots and it looks awesome but im not convinced about the pants, mms238 still look the wrong color.
Or maybe its because the tailoring is better?

didn't do much with MMS238 yet. one is still in a box, awaiting for Honda be finished, and it awaits chroming some front fork parts, and it awaits my courage to do it (never worked with sprays).

i won't buy additional bodies. those ZOD are not better in proportions except for the neck, and i hope to thicken the neck on existing bodies.

eye surgery got MMS136 arms with modded skeleton arm from previous version - and an attempt to widen the neck. i didn't like the attempt. i will better use silicone pads, they take shape so easily and stick to the surface.
and tanker damaged uses the old mix of MMS136/DX13 body for now. i cannot find where i put his original body yet to perform a legs replacement operation.

T1 collection doesn't fit the shelf intended specially for it :( future Reese versus future terminator had to go on a lower shelf, and there is no biker yet.

i hoped to put each terminator collection on one shelf, but now i don't know how to do it. T2 set is even wider due to T-1000s and Sarah.

Nice collection set-up P., I don't think I've ever seen it all together like that in a glass display case, is that new?

Haven't been in here in a while - great pics & mods Sid! :clap

So glad I got this set back in the day, it's one of HT' crowning achievements imo.

Thank you my friend, much appreciated. Yep one of HT finest for sure.

that sweat & dirt look very nice. was it difficult to do? what varnish did you use?
BTW if you love small details, you can put that chain's carabiner under jacket's shoulder strap :)

like it was done here:

Machine God Down • The Terminator Tech Noir Jacket

It was easy P. I just used some very watered down black paint, and then I used some varnish gloss, that simple. I did the dirt look then the gloss once and I was happy but my itchy fingers got the better of me and I applied another coat of each thus he looks permanently sweaty. The one coat looked way better, just seen the sweaty look under some lighting but this look is good also. Thanks for the tip my friend, it is noted.

Managed to miss Sidious's post completely, very nice looking BD Tech Noir. And agreed the MMS238 pants and boots are a very worthwhile upgrade for this figure. Heck even if I hadn't bought the extras I'd still swap the boots onto this figure, they look better in combination with the smaller heads. With the MMS238 I feel like his feet are too small to support the weight of those massive heads.

Thank you pal, coming from yourself that means a lot.

Awesome collection P. you madman, I love it. Is that the Kyle Reese from DChung? I was close to getting one from eBay the other day but I didn't pull the trigger and he is gone now, some close up pics please of Reese.

Beautiful collection man!
I need to get my hands on future kyle reese, its one of my favorite.

Did you swapped all the boots and pants on mms136?
I did the boots and it looks awesome but im not convinced about the pants, mms238 still look the wrong color.
Or maybe its because the tailoring is better?
thanks!
yes i replaced almost all pants and boots on 136, except for two figures. pants and boots are prepared, but too tired, but changing clothes on dolls is so boring :D

Nice collection set-up P., I don't think I've ever seen it all together like that in a glass display case, is that new?
thanks! yep, new and still not cleaned and thus not filled. it has five shelves, but it turned out that they become too crowded.

It was easy P. I just used some very watered down black paint, and then I used some varnish gloss, that simple. I did the dirt look then the gloss once and I was happy but my itchy fingers got the better of me and I applied another coat of each thus he looks permanently sweaty. The one coat looked way better, just seen the sweaty look under some lighting but this look is good also.

Awesome collection P. you madman, I love it. Is that the Kyle Reese from DChung? I was close to getting one from eBay the other day but I didn't pull the trigger and he is gone now, some close up pics please of Reese.

ok thank you for the tip about counting the number of varnish layers :) i remember that the terminator was very sweaty in those surgery scenes, so if your figure looks same in hand as it is on photos, it's totally ok.

yep there are 3 of those reeses there, one as it came from DChung, one in a black trench coat and one is an old future war reese with dchung headsculpt. i guess you've seen them all. those glasses don't let me make nice photos, so it's impossible to show anything except for numbers without getting the figures out.

3_shelves_zpsmgcamzd7.jpg~original

it's very pleasant to read your reaction guys.
i know that a-dev's collection should be at least 1.5 times wider, wish he did a group photo - two photos - of his T1 and T2 collections again.
still mine has some unique items and features :)
after several months i'll clean the doors, rearrange the shelves and make a normal photo instead of this black friday crowd.

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff! You do indeed have some unique items in there - your punk scene, T1 bike, Kyle Reese figures, Future War infiltrator, blown-in-half Endoskeleton and your T2 clothes acquisition scene are all things I don't have going on.

Love the pose on your Uzi-toting Tech Noir T-800.

For me to do group shots is a major pain in the backside. The shelves that I have are so unfit for purpose that the only place I can put the figures to take the shots is the floor, and my toy room is small so I don't have much manoeuvring (my god did I actually spell that right?!) space to even get them all in the same shot - plus it'd be a top-down sort of angle which is incredibly unflattering to most figures let alone the afro-heads of the T2 T-800s :lol I'd have to relocate them to the kitchen to eliminate these issues and that's just not something I'm going to do.

Love the pose on your Uzi-toting Tech Noir T-800.
i tried to imitate that moment where he sits down and tries to zero Reese hiding behind the bar :) impossible to achieve due to doll's joints restriction.

latest

the whole Technoir scene was supervised heavily by Cameron i guess - the terminator goes from crazy uncomfortale poses back to tetanus many times, a real machine not bothering for what a human would do.

Fantastic stuff! You do indeed have some unique items in there - your punk scene, T1 bike, Kyle Reese figures, Future War infiltrator, blown-in-half Endoskeleton and your T2 clothes acquisition scene are all things I don't have going on.
my pride is fully functional, moving skinned endoarm in T1 surgery scene :)

arm02_zps8b7b9cd2.jpg~original

arm01_zpsf8fb6e62.jpg~original

arm_closeup04.jpg~original

arm_closeup03.jpg~original

p.s. some nice photos of jacket damage for customisers. i guessed the chest damage almost ok, but now i see a need to revisit his back. it's shot, too.

6259_1_zps2972d444.jpg

6259_2_zpsae3a57cb.jpg

The Terminator Files Forum ? View topic - Tech-Noir Terminator - need advice on bits.

Last edited:
Cool addition with the little wires in the endo-arms. You based those on the concept art for the scene if memory serves?

Here's some nice pics of Tech Noir Arnie from the set (location?) as opposed to screengrabs from the movie which also somewhat show the damage to the jacket:

Cool addition with the little wires in the endo-arms. You based those on the concept art for the scene if memory serves?
yep, i went for script/novel description where he completely reveals his arm - and then decided to keep it that way on a second stage instead of "sewing" it back.

E.C.U. - FOREARM, as he pulls back a large flap of skin to
reveal a complex trunk of SHEATHED CABLES AND HYDRAULICS.
They slide as he moves his fingers.

RESUME MEDIUM, as Terminator uses a rag to wipe away the
blood. With small screwdrivers he begins to patiently dis-
assemble the damaged mechanism around the 12-guage hit.

t1_storyboards08.jpg~original

t1_storyboards11.jpg~original

arm01_zpsf8fb6e62.jpg~original

t1_storyboards12.jpg~original

that's some frightening robot. anybody can understand why his final stage turned creepy

attachment.php

instead of funny

article-2063353-0EDB6C4A00000578-222_468x403.jpg

Last edited:
Cheesus, I just saw P.'s photos. I didn't think a-dev's collection would ever have competition. :lol

Any MMS T2 Arnies in your collection, P., or are they all the newer DXs?

Back