1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not that invested in Qui-Gon as a character from the movies so I won't be upset if I don't pick him up.

As far as likenesses go it’s not bad. Profile shots look really good and accurate but straight on it looks less like him. Overall I’m pretty happy with it. Didn’t get the most screen time but I really liked his character in the master & apprentice book. Highly recommend if anyone hasn’t read it. Gives an interesting look into the relationship between him and a young obi wan.

As far as likenesses go it’s not bad. Profile shots look really good and accurate but straight on it looks less like him. Overall I’m pretty happy with it. Didn’t get the most screen time but I really liked his character in the master & apprentice book. Highly recommend if anyone hasn’t read it. Gives an interesting look into the relationship between him and a young obi wan.

We are taking about Qui-Gon in The Phantom Menace and not Patrol trooper in Solo right?? :)

Qui-Gon has the most screentime in that entire movie with around 35mins 30seconds. The next is Anakin with around 23mins 20seconds.

I just got this in. I quite like it. The likeness is there but not 100%. Still a great representation of him. Goes well with my other 3 Jedi

Yea I meant in terms of him only being in one Star Wars movie. Feels like we haven’t gotten too much Qui gon in any sort of media but he’s still an awesome character nonetheless

c5d969c27f4bccd06a216bf993f423cf.jpg

Decided to change up my pose for Qui-gon with anakin and obi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far those are the two pictures of the figure I like best. Well done, matmurdock! Qui-Gon is one of my favourite characters from the Saga, so finally owning a 1/6 figure of him is definitely on my list. HT unfortunately developed a habit of doing slightly "idealized" headsculpts on a lot of their figures. It happened with the Batman Returns Bruce Wayne, BTTF Doc Brown, ANH Obi Wan, AOTC Count Dooku, ANH Luke and Han and by the looks of it, Qui-Gon also looks a bit too youthful in some shots. Still, this is the best official 12" figure of him and I don't see a third party doing their own take on him in upcoming years.

Haven't ordered a HT figure in two years, but this one I think I'll have to. It's worrying to read a couple of people owning him, having him in hand, not feeling the figure, though. I wonder if waiting for someone to sell theirs' off is the way to go or if he'll sell out before that.

I have just received my Qui Gonn! Very excited to open, but I was just wondering is there any staining from the Jedi robes I should be aware of? Or anything else I need to know? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received mine yesterday. Not a bad figure at all, and looks great displayed with Obi Wan and Anakin

043D09CC-CDC7-42EC-A9C5-EC2C82A41D44.jpg
81B69D37-2B74-45B3-82D7-4DE6A9F93B5C.jpg

So far those are the two pictures of the figure I like best. Well done, matmurdock! Qui-Gon is one of my favourite characters from the Saga, so finally owning a 1/6 figure of him is definitely on my list. HT unfortunately developed a habit of doing slightly "idealized" headsculpts on a lot of their figures. It happened with the Batman Returns Bruce Wayne, BTTF Doc Brown, ANH Obi Wan, AOTC Count Dooku, ANH Luke and Han and by the looks of it, Qui-Gon also looks a bit too youthful in some shots. Still, this is the best official 12" figure of him and I don't see a third party doing their own take on him in upcoming years.

Haven't ordered a HT figure in two years, but this one I think I'll have to. It's worrying to read a couple of people owning him, having him in hand, not feeling the figure, though. I wonder if waiting for someone to sell theirs' off is the way to go or if he'll sell out before that.

Well damn! Thank you very much. He is a great figure. I look forward to hearing what you have to say when you get him.

Looks like Qui Gon has arrived at Sugo Toys in Australia. Hopefully Popcultcha isn't far behind. I knew all these damn pre-orders would drop right before Christmas...

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk

Qui-Gon stuck at the airport in HK for 5 days now. He may not make it in time and be under the tree in ten days.

Well that was a nice surprise! Wasn't expecting my Qui-Gon until Monday, but UPS decided to deliver it 3 days early.

Have to admit I wasn't feeling too excited about this from pics, but this is definitely one of those figures that's a whole lot more impressive in hand. For one thing there's his height, which gives him a ton of presence and makes him dwarf nearly every other SW figure I own. And with the dark boots he's also got this sorta dashing, piratey look which I never noticed before and which really sets him apart from my other Jedi figures. :D

Yeah the sculpt is still a bit generic and vaguely asian looking, but it works well enough under the lighting I have, and the overall look of the figure makes up for it pretty well. And I'm certainly feeling much happier with this than I was with ROTS Obi-Wan.

20201218_184921 (2).jpg

20201218_185100 (2).jpg

20201218_185546 (3).jpg

Got mine on Wednesday. Really glad I picked him up. I think I prefer him either without his Jedi robe or with the Tatooine sand poncho.

The stand is cool too. Just simply adding the card to simulate the palace flooring. Simple, but it looks cool and is different from other bases.

Back