1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks about the charge for UPS My Choice. I use that service pretty regularly. I guess $20 isn’t the end of the world but still.

That sucks about the charge for UPS My Choice. I use that service pretty regularly. I guess $20 isn?t the end of the world but still.

It's principle. It's them shaking down customers because they think they can get away with it. Some UPS executive sees the subscription services like Prime, Netflix, etc and thinks it would be a great thing to get in on. Problem is they aren't offering any service for the money, in fact we are fulfilling their obligation ourselves. I'm so sick of **** like this!

It's principle. It's them shaking down customers because they think they can get away with it. Some UPS executive sees the subscription services like Prime, Netflix, etc and thinks it would be a great thing to get in on. Problem is they aren't offering any service for the money, in fact we are fulfilling their obligation ourselves. I'm so sick of **** like this!

Technically you?re paying for the building where they are keeping your packages and the employees working there who are keeping it for you. $20 a year is no big deal. (I don?t even remember ever having paid it lol) But if it?s $20 for peace of mind to keep my packages out of the hands of porch pirates, seems worth it to me.

Technically you?re paying for the building where they are keeping your packages and the employees working there who are keeping it for you. $20 a year is no big deal. (I don?t even remember ever having paid it lol)

That is because you didn't have to pay it until now. And those "services" you describe are built into the shipping costs...always have been

Technically you?re paying for the building where they are keeping your packages and the employees working there who are keeping it for you. $20 a year is no big deal. (I don?t even remember ever having paid it lol) But if it?s $20 for peace of mind to keep my packages out of the hands of porch pirates, seems worth it to me.
I suppose they also are factoring in re-routing their trucks and the time and expense involved with that versus just delivering packages straight to their intended destination. It’s a bummer from a consumer stance, but I do get it at the same time.

That is because you didn't have to pay it until now. And those "services" you describe are built into the shipping costs...always have been

Yep, pure bs from ups. I have been picking up in store for years because my ups Delivery is always during hours when I am at work.
To suddenly have a charge on top of Sideshow?s already inflated charges sucks. I guess I?ll pay the $20 for the year, but it?s the principle.

It should really depend on the re-routing. When I re-route it's literally going 1.25 miles from where I live, that shouldn't cost anything at all. The same guy is on the same route and is also most likely stopping at the UPS Store anyway a lot of days. If I was re-routing it a state away that's a different story.

Just got him in today and he looks so good. Here are some photos I took of him. More to be posting soon.
139605f2fa3c4e4fda335569e6dd7467.jpg

28a9e14d3e5283b0f79420a92c9b2dae.jpg

577b07c5e9e70c09d2bf3cc69e2ebccb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's your pics or angles, but OMRJoker your pics are making me like the sculpt more than others!

Not sure if it's your pics or angles, but OMRJoker your pics are making me like the sculpt more than others!

Ah thanks happy to hear and there be more posting here soon today. And I do think some angles look better than others for him I do believe.

I'd say he's probably got a decent camera and not just a phone camera like probably most of the pics here. Lense distortion is zero.

Pics just look different to others. I guess prove me wrong OMRJoker.

I'd say he's probably got a decent camera and not just a phone camera like probably most of the pics here. Lense distortion is zero.

Pics just look different to others. I guess prove me wrong OMRJoker.

I took those on my DLSR camera, Nikon. And I reduced it lens distortion, so yeah

And now here are more pics that I got to took of him and some with my sideshow Darth maul. And the last pic is how I have him displayed as and was taken on my phone.
8305734be1bfcf95f27fc76a4e7ab32e.jpg

6e5797449bf791a7bbb0c20969e05125.jpg

47bcf6e90674d27300125f38ea09d9ae.jpg

2f09f4a99ffe1e0c39c3092b2beef1ae.jpg

771464cdcef0edc3f97d596a61d64ea7.jpg

4bdc08544c080e1eb201637add181ffd.jpg

74367fcb32614ee572ddabc4d0d1e4b6.jpg

Great shots, joker. Nice to see the face does show some age even if the hair doesn't. Appreciate the texture on the tunic and robe your pictures show as well. With any luck my retailer will have this to ship before the end of the year...

Great shots, joker. Nice to see the face does show some age even if the hair doesn't. Appreciate the texture on the tunic and robe your pictures show as well. With any luck my retailer will have this to ship before the end of the year...

Thank you. And yeah it is a nice detailed face but could have use some more gray hairs in the hair and beard. And the Texter and dirtiness of the tunic is really very nice and spot on not too much there but just enough. And hope you do get yours here soon before 2021.

Back