1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't sure about whether to get Gui-Gon or not, but I've finally taken the step and I couldn't be happier with him. He looks reeaally good in hand, the attention to detail is incredible. Just a quick phone shot of how great he looks next to the DX17 Maul (plus a Cody base):

original_cafa8d3b-b402-47e4-a443-77a3b0a8239e_img_20210223_202351.jpg

Instagram: @scalegalaxy

+1 for great picture and +1 more for using the poncho!

I had Qui Gon in dynamic lightsaber poses, robe off battle stances but in the end I wanted to showcase his layers of clothing in a relax dialogue pose...
BO SHREK QUI GON JINN.jpg
BO SHREK QUI GON JINN 3.jpg
BO SHREK QUI GON JINN 2.jpg

I had Qui Gon in dynamic lightsaber poses, robe off battle stances but in the end I wanted to showcase his layers of clothing in a relax dialogue pose...

I totally get that; sometimes, regardless of poseability, you just want to show off everything but poses.

My only question is how many times have you washed the robe and are you confident it won’t stain?

Come on Hot Toys announce Obi Wan.
It's been a long journey from having the 12" Hasbro versions in 1999, Sideshow versions in the 00's and now this [emoji7]
cd24d76837c6a28fe7b55bfc3ad0d9ac.jpg
a4e01a63e47b21edd73ddbe3659c9be2.jpg
dfd7584828a03a44dfdd6aa07bff32ec.jpg
96c28608c1142aa008020155c6ed3a83.jpg
f08e29cfdfb797ffd23332519b77f3d8.jpg
b66ecb3ced3895002b63d694246149f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Come on Hot Toys announce Obi Wan.
It's been a long journey from having the 12" Hasbro versions in 1999, Sideshow versions in the 00's and now this [emoji7]

Yeah, since the price of HT Obi-Wan is off the charts:horror...I need another Obi to go with Qui-Gon. Then I think I am done with my modest Jedi Masters shelf. Ordered a *cheap* Yoda fig off the 'bay - one of my favorite SW characters, but just can't make myself spend a lot on a smaller character - one that I really don't need articulation etc.

Hope one day a nice 1/6 statue of Yoda comes out.:dunno

Yeah, since the price of HT Obi-Wan is off the charts:horror...I need another Obi to go with Qui-Gon. Then I think I am done with my modest Jedi Masters shelf. Ordered a *cheap* Yoda fig off the 'bay - one of my favorite SW characters, but just can't make myself spend a lot on a smaller character - one that I really don't need articulation etc.

Hope one day a nice 1/6 statue of Yoda comes out.:dunno
I just want young Obi Wan and Mace to complete my Jedi collection.
I ended up cancelling my Yoda order when he was released as Dooku and Maul also came out in close succesion. So I couldn't justify spending so money on such a tiny figure. Three years later and he's going for nearly double the price!

I just want young Obi Wan and Mace to complete my Jedi collection.
I ended up cancelling my Yoda order when he was released as Dooku and Maul also came out in close succesion. So I couldn't justify spending so money on such a tiny figure. Three years later and he's going for nearly double the price!

Yeah, but I, personally ain't payin' that...every collector is different but - nope. For me it's not like having an MCU fig or other where u can really re-pose and freshen up the display. It's Yoda. Yoda being Yoda.:cool:

Yeah, but I, personally ain't payin' that...every collector is different but - nope. For me it's not like having an MCU fig or other where u can really re-pose and freshen up the display. It's Yoda. Yoda being Yoda.:cool:

Hate to have to contradict but I screwed in the flight pole to one of my Bestas and change his pose flipping around even sometimes upside down. Just received my Beskar Mando so it’s again time for some rearranging and reposing of which Yoda will undoubtedly be apart of.

Hate to have to contradict but I screwed in the flight pole to one of my Bestas and change his pose flipping around even sometimes upside down. Just received my Beskar Mando so it?s again time for some rearranging and reposing of which Yoda will undoubtedly be apart of.

Nah, it's cool; folks see things differently - like what speaks to them. For me, the best Yoda moments are in Dagobah, when Luke first meets him, and when he is training Luke.

But display-wise, that's not a figure I'd do much with on the shelf. Just Yoda, ancient and wise. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan I might do more with. Although this Qui-Gon also looks great IMO just posed being thoughtful - arms folded, etc. On the other hand, I really like HT's green light sabers and the way the fig looks posed with them.

The character referring to "the living force" and the meditation during duel scene are what made me like QGJ. Had he not been in such a subpar flick I would have ordered this, but it just reminds me enough of the flaws to pass. Really glad it worked out for so many who waited a long while for this figure.

Aware of the living force...

View attachment 507468

The character referring to "the living force" and the meditation during duel scene are what made me like QGJ. Had he not been in such a subpar flick I would have ordered this, but it just reminds me enough of the flaws to pass. Really glad it worked out for so many who waited a long while for this figure.

For me - there are some films - thanx to charismatic actors and themes, I guess - there's enough there where I just ignore the excesses *midichlorians*:monkey3.
Liam Neeson, Ian McDiarmid, etc.

After the whole ST thing, found myself appreciating the PT more; if nothing else IMO Lucas really cared about what he was doing, and about telling a story. Qui-Gon remains a favorite of mine - really hoping he makes an appearance in the Obi-Wan series.

PS. These new pics are great, really showing off the details of this fig!:clap

Was waiting to see if this would go on the promo code list. Was impatient and applied $235 of RP. Just needed to pay shipping and taxes.

PS. These new pics are great, really showing off the details of this fig!:clap

It really appears to be a great piece and one of the few that hold up from the promo pics. I wish Dooku had more Christopher Lee in the head sculpt as I really wanted it but felt it missed the mark just enough to pass. For a first run a Neeson this sculpt delivered.

It really appears to be a great piece and one of the few that hold up from the promo pics. I wish Dooku had more Christopher Lee in the head sculpt as I really wanted it but felt it missed the mark just enough to pass. For a first run a Neeson this sculpt delivered.

Agree about Neeson - for me it crosses that line into good vs. "sort of/generic" likeness. Like it took HT a few tries with the Winter Soldier to get it perfect; then there's pieces like Hela and Yondu that are stellar out of the gate.:google

Was waiting to see if this would go on the promo code list. Was impatient and applied $235 of RP. Just needed to pay shipping and taxes.

Don't think anyone who appreciates the detail that HT can do won't be happy with this. Plus, he's just great to work with.

jedi3.jpg

Well, except for tinkering (like adding hair and weathering this *cheap* Yoda that actually has a pretty good sculpt IMO) - my small Master Jedi shelf is done, except waiting on the next Obi-Wan.

Not gonna backtrack and try to collect all the PT/OT figs $$$$$:horror and anyway determined to ratchet back (after getting 2 Qui-Gons but that's DIFFERENT since he's a fav of mine.:monkey3)

Maybe if they put out a new farmboy Luke - I'd go for that. Talked myself out of a fair number of figs, so guess the wallet thanks me. For now. Until the next got-to-have shows up, which I suspect will be a new Obi-Wan. PS, still luv the SSC Mythos Obi-Wan - great fig!:clap

Back