Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow yeah this is not working for me at all. Please don't screw up Rey, Hot Toys.

Still think the sculpt is altered here on the pics because of harsh lighting needed to take pics and videos- looks like the basic features remain but the contours are shadowed harsher because of the lighting.

c80image.png

That snarling upper left lip is atrocious, not Boyega at ALL.

Could not agree more, and I think the comparison you made with the Time magazine cover is a very valid one. I think the factory has 'interpreted' Boyega's features in a way that I don't feel comfortable with.

After watching the video, looks a lot like the actor. Pictures are not really doing it any justice.

Eager to see a Riot Tropper review, bought the set mainly for that.

Yeah, I think the original was great (super close) from a couple angles but looked like Boyegas more square-jawed older brother from other angles. People always say they want some more expression in their sculpt but I think this one shows how you might get stuck needing to do an action pose to match.

It really looks like they resculpted the whole thing based on the picture that was posted earlier (moment before the Ren fight). Still keeping my order for this, but at the moment I'm probably leaning a bit toward the camp that wishes they just left it as is.

I remember that talk with Leia, where the thinking was, Don't change a thing cause it's not clear what you're going to get if they do.

Eager to see a Riot Tropper review, bought the set mainly for that.

From some of the pics it looks like the trooper has better hip articulation than the original FO Stormtrooper release.

I really think that the lighting isn't doing it any justice, along with the paint work simply not being as good as the proto's. The mouth is kind of off putting though.

I'm still getting this because I think the two pack is a really good deal, and if a better Finn sculpt comes along, I could always replace the heads.

Not worried beacise we always go through the same thing and then we get it in hand and it's "oh it's perfect", "Pics don't do it justice", "I was wrong, it's a great sculpt", etc. I won't worry about this unless i open the box and end up disapointed (which after 60 figures would be a 1st).

From what I've seen, 100% agree. Happy to hold final judgement until I see some more in hand shots, but I'm very disappointed today...

2ebimage.png

:horror WTH happened, didn't even realize the difference until this comparison shot

Please don't do this to Rey HT! :panic:

Not worried beacise we always go through the same thing and then we get it in hand and it's "oh it's perfect", "Pics don't do it justice", "I was wrong, it's a great sculpt", etc. I won't worry about this unless i open the box and end up disapointed (which after 60 figures would be a 1st).

Perhaps, but sometimes I wonder if that's only because we've become so used to the sculpt by then that the likeness no longer feels as off to us as it should. Given that recognizing faces immediately is something we do instinctively every day (and better than nearly every other species on the planet), I've begun to think now that our initial gut reaction to a sculpt is probably the more accurate and reliable one.

Back