Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only complaint would be that the collar of the jacket sits too high, making it look like he has a stumpy neck. I'd be happy enough with the sculpt. It still looks like John , maybe not as much as the proto but then again they never do.

Its because the iris/pupils have been enlarged and darkened in the new proto pics. The snarled lips is secondary.
yes^We respond to an individuals face but mostly eyes by human nature. HT inadvertently made an intense stare by tweaking their design.

The front on shots only accentuate this...

Its because the iris/pupils have been enlarged and darkened in the new proto pics. The snarled lips is secondary.
yes^We respond to an individuals face but mostly eyes by human nature. HT inadvertently made an intense stare by tweaking their design.

The front on shots only accentuate this...

I think you are on to something there. In context with the Riot Stormie pack...some emotion isn't too bad.
Based on the proto pics I had been planning a "hero's on Jakku" thing with Rey. A rather vacant look would have suited that better. - They have messed with his fade too...his hair just isn't as well done as the proto.

Some of the stills make the neck look too short too. But i think that's the jacket...and can be fixed either way.

As I've already bought into this I'm just gonna have to wait and see it or myself.....and let's see what Rey's release turns up. I really liked her proto - regardless of the criticism.

I have not pre-ordered the two-pack as of yet and based on this new sculpt, I'm sure glad I didn't. Looks like a pass for me. Over all details are softer and they killed the likeness, in my opinion.

I hope they don't mess up Ren or I may just have the Jakku Trooper as my one and only figure representing TFA, for the time being. (would be fine with me, as more funds could go towards the OT.)

Hot Toys are hit and miss lately. Are they putting out too much product to maintain quality?

I wonder if the low price point for this figure affected the production figure's quality. $205 with a light up saber & lots of accessories compared to $210 for Quicksilver without even a jacket.

Definitely seems like the prototypes for this and Rey were rushed for the movie's release as it's not like they changed Finn's head sculpt cause people were clamoring for it.

I wonder if that means they continued to tweak Rey as well.

Hot Toys are hit and miss lately. Are they putting out too much product to maintain quality?

This was announced at Christmas wasn't it? Is five and a half months an unusually short period of time from announcement to being out?

Star Wars has always been huge, but I feel like TFA breathed new life into the franchise. I've been a fan my entire life, and it seems to me that Star Wars is bigger than it ever was before.

I think Hot Toys has been rushing out their SW figures to try and capitalize on the hype, and this is no exception.

I never had this one on PO, but this is one of those cases where I think tweaking the sculpt had more adverse effects than positive. While the production sculpt isn't horrible, the prototype sculpt was much better.

This was announced at Christmas wasn't it? Is five and a half months an unusually short period of time from announcement to being out?

Ah, not sure, it seems to be hit or miss. BvS Supes for instance was announced around Christmas and was released at the end of May and is now just about ready to ship from SSC, and the consensus seems to be that it is quite a resplendent figure.

Back