1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a pretty good deal, I'd probably bite if I found her for that price as well!

I just bought it for $136 +$21 s/h on eBay. It's going around for pretty cheap.

I caved in and pulled the trigger on her yesterday. I'm pretty sure she'll see a surge in popularity when Ep 8 comes out, from what I've heard she'll be kicking some MAJOR resistance butt with her Stormtroopers and I'll be glad I snapped her up when I did.

When she arrives I'll be posing her next to my HT ANH Vader as I literally don't have ANY other TFA figures to put her with anyways! Gonna get a 1st Order Stormtrooper next and then Kylo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Phasma is my first Star Wars Hot Toys so forgive me if my questions seem kinda obvious.

1.) People mention that the cape has a wire underneath for poseability. How strong exactly is this wire because i'm not sure if mine has it? Is the wire strong enough for you to do a "cape-flowing-in-the-wind" kind of pose cause I definately can't do it on mine....although it does kinda crinkle and stay there.

2.) I like Phasma so I've been trying to get every version of her that I can. I also have a SH Figuarts version and the helmet-face on it I feel is very screen-accurate. This hot toys one not so much, and for the life of me I can't really tell why. Anyone have any idea? It seems like the face is more "goggle-eyed" which makes her less menacing looking compared to the SH Figuarts one. Some people here mentioned the black brow above her eyes which should not be there or less pronounced but i'm not sure if this is the thing that affects the overall look. If someone can point out what's the difference in the hot toys helmet and if it can be fixed I would be so grateful. I really can't place what's wrong with it.
I'm gonna be inserting my own stronger/more poseable wire (done this a few times before with the desired results) when she arrives in mid March. I don't plan on selling her on and I'm sure I can snap up a spare unwired cape from a 1/6 parts supplier (Toy Anxiety or evilbay) Lot's of bad reviews and bad press abound for this figure but as a 1/6 figure customiser/kitbasher like myself the chance of something small 'falling off' doesn't scare me as I have a plethora of methods for reattaching whatever might drop off.

As for restrictive movements? Remove the bodysuit and replace it with a black cloth bodysuit taking care to replace/transfer/modify visibly important parts like the neck seal and other important areas like the velcro knees - I'm handy with a needle and thread so, again, no problems there.

She'll be a dream by the time I've finished with her, and then, I'll post the pic's.

What did you get her for Imperius? Seeing some very good prices starting to pop.
£130 with free shipping via Amazon.

I was forced to sell off my Phase 1 Rex, Gree, Neyo, Ganch and Wolffe SSC figures in December last year and now I want to get something back, it was either Phasma or Kylo, but Kylo still fetching a good price and Phasma was/is £40 cheaper - he'll have to wait for another coupla months.....

I just got this figure and the articulation is...really good? Got it from Loontentoys. Could it be possible that the undersuit had been removed and it was second hand? I can get the figure almost doing the splits and the arm articulation is basically perfect. Weird.

I just got this figure and the articulation is...really good? Got it from Loontentoys. Could it be possible that the undersuit had been removed and it was second hand? I can get the figure almost doing the splits and the arm articulation is basically perfect. Weird.

I'd actually really like to see that. Pictures doing a plethora of poses please!

Lol, I think "splits" was an incredible overstatement on my part, but this figure, at least mine, doesn't seem hindered at all articulation wise. This is especially in comparison to what my FO Stormtrooper was initially:

WP_20170228_19_11_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20170228_19_12_39_Pro.jpg

The glue on this figure however had deteriorated and the crotch piece fell off from the velcro. Also the knee pads seem to not actually sit on the knee joints of the figure.

Phasma arrived today! SO pleased I went for her, she's a great figure and despite a kneepad falling off because the velcro sticker inside the kneepad hadn't had enough glue put on it at the factory (something I easily fixed with a dab of superglue gel) Everything else was fine. I will be putting some wire in that pesky cape though, it's a proper bloody pain to futz.

Anyways, I scoured the net I couldn't find a single pic/photo of Vader and Phasma together so here's their mini photo shoot!
b5718b71449d1c8a0145dd7deeba1b13.jpg
25e4ba80f51228e289a65671a03cbd67.jpg
5ecf4d05c56b8bfb8a8ac3fbec9af304.jpg
2808726568db2daeb43cd5ff3b579c4f.jpg

Blaster Rex

Phasma arrived today! SO pleased I went for her, she's a great figure and despite a kneepad falling off because the velcro sticker inside the kneepad hadn't had enough glue put on it at the factory (something I easily fixed with a dab of superglue gel) Everything else was fine. I will be putting some wire in that pesky cape though, it's a proper bloody pain to futz.

Anyways, I scoured the net I couldn't find a single pic/photo of Vader and Phasma together so here's their mini photo shoot!
b5718b71449d1c8a0145dd7deeba1b13.jpg
25e4ba80f51228e289a65671a03cbd67.jpg
5ecf4d05c56b8bfb8a8ac3fbec9af304.jpg
2808726568db2daeb43cd5ff3b579c4f.jpg

Blaster Rex
Trooper photo bomb!!

Blaster Rex

Went for a more 'effeminate' pose this time, one leg raised slightly for a one boot on tippy toe whilst left hand is resting on her waist in a "What time do you call this?" Attitude/look.

Anyways, I wanted a change from the blaster held across the chest pose that seems to be the most popular/screen accurate for this figure, hope y'all dig it.

Blaster Rex

Anyone noticed that one of the hands supplied with Phasma is for gripping a spear? And then it's officially revealed that in The Last Jedi that Phasma has a spear as her new weapon?

Blaster Rex

Link?

Great photos, BTW. It's a really nice figure and I'm still tempted. But I'm trying to stick to absolute must-haves. So far I'm keeping the TFA list down to just Rey with BB8, and Old Han which I have coming eventually. Getting her would open up a huge can of worms--I would have to get Kylo, then probably at least one stormie, which might then lead to getting Finn.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Phasma's new weapon was officially confirmed. Actually, some forum members could see this as a (mild) spoiler. Better keep any TLJ news/rumor out of individual figures threads i think :wink1:

Back