1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kathleen Kennedy's credibility > "everyone's saying"

:exactly:

I mean, hopefully. I suppose it's possible Kennedy just wanted to keep moving that Phasma merch. But with all the pre-movie excitement for her, it would be kind of dumb for them NOT to beef up her role. I don't know how official it was (or just fan speculation) but it seemed like Phasma might become more of a lone wolf agent going after our heroes.

This figure might be the perfect representation of TFA. Looks really cool but didn't do anything original lol. That said I'm definitely still getting her.

I still want the figure but it's of less importance. I have my fingers crossed it sticks on shelves and can be a steal with double rewards or a discount later on.

... but it seemed like Phasma might become more of a lone wolf agent going after our heroes.

That's a very interesting idea. Perhaps when the First Order figures out that it was her security code that lowered the shields, she is forced to go on the run. She will then wish to exact vengeance on Finn for forcing her to leave the First Order.

If this is the case, she would be sans-chrome armor, as it would be too recognizable.

That's a very interesting idea. Perhaps when the First Order figures out that it was her security code that lowered the shields, she is forced to go on the run. She will then wish to exact vengeance on Finn for forcing her to leave the First Order.

If this is the case, she would be sans-chrome armor, as it would be too recognizable.

Okay, that would be awesome. I need this to happen now! :lol

Phasma and Jakku Exclusive Storm trooper are the only 2 TFA figures I have on PO... at the moment. Still deciding if I want to go all in on this line, or wait for more OT figures from Hot toys.

For those looking to save a bit of money, here could be a cheap solution. All you need is a little bit of paint touch up:

Boom! I think you're into something. Hux and Snoke will want her head and she will be fuming as she hunts down Finn. If Finn isn't paralyzed after that attack from Kylo, then I def see a confrontation between Phasma and Finn in either VIII or IX. Honestly, while her role was initially disappointing, it sets up a nice plot thread for the next two. Humiliation -> Revenge.

She should have been the one in that fight with Finn on Takodana. It would have given her character some real purpose, would have made sense for her to have a unique weapon, and would have added some real drama to that fight that was completely missing when Finn fights some nobody trooper. Instead, Finn got his butt kicked by just any random stormtrooper, when the novelization plays it off like he was the best of the best. I dont know how they missed that obvious opportunity to make that scene so much more than it is.

I'd rather have a Phasma that does nothing, than one that has a cool fight scene and is then shot by Han Solo. I'm hoping she gets some cool things to do in the next two films.

For those looking to save a bit of money, here could be a cheap solution. All you need is a little bit of paint touch up:

This is my plan for now anyways. Of course the one I received had a huge problem in the paint on the helmet so I've stripped it and now need to chrome the whole figure. Testing paints and trying different things right now.

I'd rather have a Phasma that does nothing, than one that has a cool fight scene and is then shot by Han Solo. I'm hoping she gets some cool things to do in the next two films.

Well theres a myriad of other ways they could have ended that scene though. She was pumped up so much in this movie, she needed some action to justify it, and that scene was PERFECT for her! To have her be the one that yelled out traitor, its just makes so much sense I cant figure out how they ended up just making it some nobody trooper for no reason.

Well theres a myriad of other ways they could have ended that scene though. She was pumped up so much in this movie, she needed some action to justify it, and that scene was PERFECT for her! To have her be the one that yelled out traitor, its just makes so much sense I cant figure out how they ended up just making it some nobody trooper for no reason.

Was she even at that battle? I know she was added late in the game so maybe that part was already filmed? :dunno

Was she even at that battle? I know she was added late in the game so maybe that part was already filmed? :dunno

I dont think she was, but I dont see why she couldnt have been. It obviously was very important to the first order that Kylo himself ended up there. I dont know. Ill never understand why its just some random trooper in such an important scene. Shoulda been Phasma damnit! Lol. I would imagine she'll do more in VIII so its something to look forward to, but it was still a missed opportunity big time imo. Makes you wonder why she was promoted so heavily when she was basically a nothing character. I guess just on the costume alone, which is kinda weak and cheap. They sold mugs of her, all kinds of things, before anyone knew she was useless in the movie! Sneaky just to get some extra bucks out of her.

This is my plan for now anyways. Of course the one I received had a huge problem in the paint on the helmet so I've stripped it and now need to chrome the whole figure. Testing paints and trying different things right now.

Post your progress. I'm very interested to see how it works out.

She should have been the one in that fight with Finn on Takodana. It would have given her character some real purpose, would have made sense for her to have a unique weapon, and would have added some real drama to that fight that was completely missing when Finn fights some nobody trooper. Instead, Finn got his butt kicked by just any random stormtrooper, when the novelization plays it off like he was the best of the best. I dont know how they missed that obvious opportunity to make that scene so much more than it is.

It isn't obvious in the film, but that riot trooper is actually from Finn's unit. I think his name is either FN-2000 or FN-2003. This is discussed in one of the journey to force awakens novels about Finn. So he actually gets his ass kicked by one of his trooper "brothers," not just a random trooper. It has its own emotional weight, and I think Finn will face Phasma in either VIII or IX.

Edit: Actually his number is FN-2199, aka "Nines."

Back