1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got this on pre-order and I do really like the figure.

As mentioned by others that black strip above the eyes needs to go and while I understand WHY they may have decided to go with what I'm calling the "knock-knees" I hope there's a way to pose or limit that decidedly over-feminine effect.

As others have asked previously, what is the best way to remove the eyebrow black without damaging the chrome finish?

Ok so I just put new flooring down so nothing is in place but I took the photos anyway. My lighting was being installed when I decided to rip out the carpet and put the Opal stone fat wood panels upstairs lol ton of work and tough with a room full of stuff. I had to carefully move lots of fragile a many many many times. I'm just getting arranged and will be doing all my lighting some I still have to get. Sorry just gotta explain the huge mess prior to getting ripped. When done I'll do a photo session. By then I should have my Vader PF and gold trooper and Phasma and unpainted R2. To come is my PF Kylo, FA Trooper, Voltron and a few other items. All PFs will go in the extra large PAX shelves too bad Jabbas too wide by an inch. Lights will go in all cubbies and on top of some shelves.
View attachment 274673View attachment 274674View attachment 274675View attachment 274676

Looks great, but put those detolfs on the floor or in 6 months the Ikea rectangle underneath will buckle or cave in under their weight.

Yikes those have been on those wood bottoms for about a year. I don't keep much in them normally.

The bottoms feel so solid though, I think I have stood on them and I'm 250lbs but now I'm worried heh.

I was planning on putting colored lights in the bottoms just for show.

I guess better safe than sorry but man they have been up on those for a long time.

I am torn whether to keep my preorder or not. Character was such a let down in EP VII that not even the 'ooh so shiny' aspects redeems her in my eyes. She went down like a beyotch in such a laughable way.

I'm keeping mine. I'm pretty sure she'll be more in the next movie. Didn't anyone read she was spotted training with a saber. I read she actually carries 2 chrome sabers so we will see.

I'll be getting the Phasma PF when it comes out. No way it won't. Too easy to sculpt.

I think Phasma's next iteration will be better. I'm holding off for VIII.

Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too. I actually cancelled my pre-order a while ago. Mostly it came down to the possibility that Episode 8 Phasma will come with an unhelmeted sculpt.

Great looking figure but lame chracter in the film- really really lame in the film...I don't get that at all.

Yeah, I'm not sure the promised "kick ass woman" angle worked with what they gave her to do. In fact, with the trash compactor gag, they actually undermined her "evilness".

She really sounded, and acted, more like a female chrome Threepio for the new "Imperials".

Instead of Kylo Ren having to babysit in the opening scene she should of been in charge and it should have been a longer more involved opening battle scene with her being badass and ruthless. Then again while chasing Finn and Rey the whole sand fighting section and chase she could of been utilized as a field commander but instead it was a few dopey troopers and bad pilots.

So instead she was stuck on the ship pressing buttons and doing nothing productive. I'm pretty sure you insert those 2 ideas into the movie and bam you got a badarse figure.

Additionally they could of had her escape from Han but then he can't be shown as a punk either for her good.

Anything would have been cool. Fett did nothing in ESB also, but he gets a lot of mileage out of being a bounty hunter and standing by Vader all the time. Plus he had that great moment where he was going to shoot Chewbacca until Vader stopped him.

Phasma just got cheated. She got stuck with informational nonsense on Finn. No need to spend 4 scenes building their relationship -- all Phasma ever has to do is say "Traitor!" like all the rest and a backstory is assumed.

I agree with you -- she should have led the team on Jakku in pursuit of the droid, or at least not asked Kylo what to do with the prisoners -- Kylo could have just walked away and Phasma marches up impatiently and gives the order to kill the prisoners. A short-hand between Kylo and Phasma would be established, and she would come across as a cold killer.

The other problem: her voice. Fett had a good raspy voice with a lot of character (prior to Lucas-monkeying). But not poor Phasma, again sounding like a loyal sidekick droid, not a hardened Captain with a short fuse and a demanding temperament.

It's nearly as bad as the worst voice in Star Wars and no not Jar Jar. Padmes robotic voice when she's being queen was the most idiotic useless use of voice in Star Wars. Why would she need to talk like that yet it's an act as she talks normal other times lol Leias fake English accent was nothing compared to Padme. Oh where my Lucas face punching bag I do love Star Wars but no thanks to him being in charge just that he got it made.

Anything would have been cool. Fett did nothing in ESB also, but he gets a lot of mileage out of being a bounty hunter and standing by Vader all the time. Plus he had that great moment where he was going to shoot Chewbacca until Vader stopped him.

Phasma just got cheated. She got stuck with informational nonsense on Finn. No need to spend 4 scenes building their relationship -- all Phasma ever has to do is say "Traitor!" like all the rest and a backstory is assumed.

I agree with you -- she should have led the team on Jakku in pursuit of the droid, or at least not asked Kylo what to do with the prisoners -- Kylo could have just walked away and Phasma marches up impatiently and gives the order to kill the prisoners. A short-hand between Kylo and Phasma would be established, and she would come across as a cold killer.

The other problem: her voice. Fett had a good raspy voice with a lot of character (prior to Lucas-monkeying). But not poor Phasma, again sounding like a loyal sidekick droid, not a hardened Captain with a short fuse and a demanding temperament.

First time I'm going to disagree with you, dude.

"Did nothing?"

The Empire couldn't find them - he did. Showed how intelligent and cunning he was.
The only character to stand up to Vader in a belligerent way in the OT.
"No disintegrations" - Two words that sent the viewers imagination running "What type of a ruthless psychopath is he?"
A costume with so much character and "history" that you couldn't help but wonder, who or what he was.

And to top it off (originally) a cool, calm and collected character with a great voice.

In 1980 that all added up to a mysterious character that we wanted to know more about... until the prequels destroyed him... and the stupid ROTJ incident :(

First time I'm going to disagree with you, dude.

"Did nothing?"

The Empire couldn't find them - he did. Showed how intelligent and cunning he was.
The only character to stand up to Vader in a belligerent way in the OT.
"No disintegrations" - Two words that send the viewers imagination running "What type of a ruthless psychopath is he?"
A costume with so much character and "history" that you couldn't help but wonder, who or what he was.

And to top it off (originally) a cool, calm and collected character with a great voice.

In 1980 that all added up to a mysterious character that we wanted to know more about... until the prequels destroyed him... and the stupid ROTJ incident :(

Well, I agree with you.

But what I meant was he didn't really "do" anything... like physically. He and Phasma share a certain "assumption" based on all the hype prior to their appearance.

Yes, Fett had presence... yes, he found the heroes (which never seemed so clever to me -- I mean, Han often says "we got another ship coming in" yet he can't tell he's being followed?)... but still, to me Fett wasn't a very active character in ESB. He was just... cool.

That said, I find Fett a million times more interesting than Phasma. So obviously there's more there under the surface. Just saying these two are somewhat comparable -- likely had the same amount of screen-time roughly.

Looks great, but put those detolfs on the floor or in 6 months the Ikea rectangle underneath will buckle or cave in under their weight.

Not true. I have two of these with 3 detolfs each on them and have had them set up like this for more than two years with no problems.

Well, I agree with you.

But what I meant was he didn't really "do" anything... like physically. He and Phasma share a certain "assumption" based on all the hype prior to their appearance.

Yes, Fett had presence... yes, he found the heroes (which never seemed so clever to me -- I mean, Han often says "we got another ship coming in" yet he can't tell he's being followed?)... but still, to me Fett wasn't a very active character in ESB. He was just... cool.

That said, I find Fett a million times more interesting than Phasma. So obviously there's more there under the surface. Just saying these two are somewhat comparable -- likely had the same amount of screen-time roughly.

Let's agree to agree :duff

For me, like everyone has said, Phasma was so hyped - particularly from Gwendoline Christie - that you thought she was going to do something useful... anything... other than look cool.

It all makes sense though when you watch the 'making of", because although everyone loved the design, it was rejected as the main antagonist by JJ; he wanted something different. And it was only when Kathy Kennedy saw the artwork that she said, "it has to be in the film." So the character feels like she was "tacked-on", because she was.

I had this on pre-order too, but decided to pull the pin and put the money toward another character (any) that had more of an impact on me.

Back