1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Black and red suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty checked out on this until all these photos surfaced and reminded me why I preordered it in the first place. Really looking forward to getting it now.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I was pretty checked out on this until all these photos surfaced and reminded me why I preordered it in the first place. Really looking forward to getting it now.

The step backwards with the ankle joints aside, those pre-order pics should be exactly why we collectors pre-order! This is a case of HT doing it right from pre-order solicitation to final product reveal!

The step backwards with the ankle joints aside,

...what are the chances of a 2nd batch running change? [emoji848]

They fixed Deadpool?s wrists, and the Mark 7 diecast later batches didn?t seem to have the rubber sockets for the shoulder mounted missile pods that made them pop out in the first... I say ?seemed to? because I got one like that but not sure if it was a widespread fix...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...what are the chances of a 2nd batch running change? [emoji848]

They fixed Deadpool?s wrists, and the Mark 7 diecast later batches didn?t seem to have the rubber sockets for the shoulder mounted missile pods that made them pop out in the first... I say ?seemed to? because I got one like that but not sure if it was a widespread fix...

It would be nice if HT fixes that issue...since they've demonstrated they are capable of fixing the gap...although what would concern me is that since I pre-ordered, I'd likely get the 1st batch, so it'd be annoying trying to exchange for a 2nd batch.

33DB219D-05C5-4340-A18C-471E1E668F76.jpeg

F4623E90-0301-4E3A-9BA0-4B9BB46CF954.jpg
6AF8CCA5-438A-47A9-A628-7E4EEB88C131.jpg

I am going to leave it in this last photo in this position to see what it does to the suit.
All the other Spider-Man HT?s figures the material has gone back to normal stretch wise when I?ve put them in advance posing before so I?ll see what happens.

Attachments

• 613BE098-A582-4120-BC6A-6F6EEF08E022.jpg
    613BE098-A582-4120-BC6A-6F6EEF08E022.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 255
The main problem is anywhere these suits touch themselves, like in the bend of a knee or elbow, the material will start to fuse to itself and the texture will get mushy. If you want to do extreme arm and knee bend poses you need to be committed to changing the pose every month or two, and/or potentially leaving you figures in a derpy t-pose for weeks at a time to let the suit rebound

Tchaka arm not left bent vs one that was
0Ryku23.jpg

Potential suit damage is the main reason I'm not getting this guy. I'd love to pick up him up but to spend this kind of money on a character like spider-man and only be able to leave him in a boring standing pose?

tenor.gif

I would not let a little mushiness in the arm and kneepits where no one will see it anyhow prevent one from posing these figured dynamically.

I would not let a little mushiness in the arm and kneepits where no one will see it anyhow prevent one from posing these figured dynamically.

I don't know man. It feels like a big kick to the gonads when you go to repose a figure like this and find the suit's become fused together and damaged. Especially given how much these things cost.

Yes Id only leave it for a month and then change it.
Me personally I couldn?t buy a figure and just put it in a standing pose you might as well buy statues.
so what if it leaves blemishes it?ll look weathered, it?s a toy nothing lasts forever by the way HT?s are making figures so fast it?ll be out of date soon.

I don't know man. It feels like a big kick to the gonads when you go to repose a figure like this and find the suit's become fused together and damaged. Especially given how much these things cost.

By comparison I have had my Maria Hill posed with tightly crossed arms for like 4 years. I changed it recently and the fabric was lightly wrinkled, that's it. Its this tight rubber morphsuit look that is the problem. I'm sure its much easier to cast a texture print on plastic than to do tailoring on fabric, but the tradeoff is a suit that is high maintenance and has a severely curtailed lifespan. I had my Wasp posed with a bent elbow for barely a month and I can already see a stretched crease where it will eventually crack in the future. 2020 Miles is going to be my last foray into this stuff, I'm sick of it

Yes Id only leave it for a month and then change it.
Me personally I couldn?t buy a figure and just put it in a standing pose you might as well buy statues.
so what if it leaves blemishes it?ll look weathered, it?s a toy nothing lasts forever by the way HT?s are making figures so fast it?ll be out of date soon.

You mean Hot Toys makes them so slow, it's already out of date anyway.

Oh it’s definitely heartbreaking and most certainly a failure on Hot Toys part that they are not striving to use materials which won’t leave collectors forced to choose between museum poses or damaging their figures. We should not have to live with these choices given what they cost! But for me personally, i would trade the damaged pits for further enjoying my figures. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it though. To each their own.

PMrocbolt - I’d be curious if the material in that joint has shown any return to form since straightening the arm,or if it’s still as bad as when you took that photo. I know I witnessed something similar on either my Endgame Widow or Captain Marvel figure but now I am hard-pressed to find it again.

This suit doesn't have that shine like iron spider. They could've done fabric like the raimi spidey figures. Those suits were great with extreme poses and always stretched back without fusing together.
I was rewatching the Raimi films. I understand they couldn't have the glider impale him through the chest as the movie was aimed for younger audiences. But did they have to kill Green Goblin by crushing his nuts! :horror:rotfl

20210307_194315.jpg

Attachments

• 20210307_192410.jpg
    20210307_192410.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 363
Potential suit damage is the main reason I'm not getting this guy. I'd love to pick up him up but to spend this kind of money on a character like spider-man and only be able to leave him in a boring standing pose?

tenor.gif

I've had the Tech Suit posed for months dynamically and the suit just rebounds over a few days when you take him out of the pose, I don't see why this one would be any different. I've had my Scarlet Spider posed like that for months now too, I should check him out.

Back