Hot Toys MMS - Shazam! - Shazam Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like venom is on his way aswell when hot toys will run out of avengers to make they will go back to all the licences they missed last year

As much as I liked the movie, and love the character, considering the figure will be covered in rubber-like material and stuck with mostly a museum pose I'd almost rather have the wizard.

Still-from-Shazam-teaser.jpeg

looks like venom is on his way as well when hot toys will run out of avengers to make they will go back to all the licences they missed last year

Where was this info?

As much as I liked the movie, and love the character, considering the figure will be covered in rubber-like material and stuck with mostly a museum pose I'd almost rather have the wizard.

I wonder what the material will look like. The VGM Spider-Man's costume looks amazing - I wonder if they'll use that kind of material for superheroes going forward.

That’s true. I mean we’ve never seen Incredibles figures, so I don’t think one lends itself as a marker for the other. I mean even sticking with superheroes we never got many of the cosbabies they done for various licenses

hot toys would be stupid to not do a venom since they have the license.

now where is shazam ?

That’s true. I mean we’ve never seen Incredibles figures, so I don’t think one lends itself as a marker for the other. I mean even sticking with superheroes we never got many of the cosbabies they done for various licenses

I could see it being the same reason they didn't do anyone else from Deadpool besides DP or why they didn't do anything from Logan. I swear the Disney arm of Marvel doesn't want them promoted. It's insane that the HT Deadpool figure is basically the only movie Deadpool figure out there. No legends or anything, same with Logan except there's zero Logan movie based figures.

I could see it being the same reason they didn't do anyone else from Deadpool besides DP or why they didn't do anything from Logan. I swear the Disney arm of Marvel doesn't want them promoted. It's insane that the HT Deadpool figure is basically the only movie Deadpool figure out there. No legends or anything, same with Logan except there's zero Logan movie based figures.

I think it has to do something about X-men restart planning by Marvel, DP and Logan are part of it.

I think it has to do something about X-men restart planning by Marvel, DP and Logan are part of it.

We need a rebooted X Men with actual costumes that is not just street clothes. Thank god the clowns who were in charge of previous X Men are no longer in charge.

They weren't making X-Men figures before the Fox merger happened either. Hence Disney/Marvel's call to not have those films licensed for merchandise to hamper them.

Movie rights were at Fox, Toy and Videogame rights still belonged to marvel. They went through a phase of trying desperately to kill off the X-Men and replace them with the InHumans but they are just too popular. So they were reluctant to license anything that could benefit Fox.

They weren't making X-Men figures before the Fox merger happened either. Hence Disney/Marvel's call to not have those films licensed for merchandise to hamper them.

Wolverine was the only one made from the Fox films, we got a bunch of Hugh. The prevailing rumor was that it was a pain to get Marvel to approve them so HT just stopped trying. We saw photos for First Class but never made.

Movie rights were at Fox, Toy and Videogame rights still belonged to marvel. They went through a phase of trying desperately to kill off the X-Men and replace them with the InHumans but they are just too popular. So they were reluctant to license anything that could benefit Fox.

That's Ike Perlmutter, he stopped companies from supporting the Fox films. He brought everything to a halt to try and get Fox to lose cash and get the rights to Marvel. While Marvel had the rights to merchandising he was trying to kill the public consciousness to the films and hopefully affect the box office.

Wolverine was the only one made from the Fox films, we got a bunch of Hugh. The prevailing rumor was that it was a pain to get Marvel to approve them so HT just stopped trying. We saw photos for First Class but never made.

That's Ike Perlmutter, he stopped companies from supporting the Fox films. He brought everything to a halt to try and get Fox to lose cash and get the rights to Marvel. While Marvel had the rights to merchandising he was trying to kill the public consciousness to the films and hopefully affect the box office.

And he succeeded. Dark pheonix bombed and the rights are back so that means more toys hopefully

Yeah, I know fans were pissed when Marvel Comics pretty blatantly started shelving the Fantastic Four and X-Men in lieu of, say, Guardians of the Galaxy. But it's business. And hardball business tactics can work. Of course, Fox's own ineptitude didn't hurt things.

Back