Hot Toys MMS - Shazam! - Shazam Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emphasis on the ineptitude. Dark Phoenix's failure had a lot going into it (no Hugh Jackman Wolverine, being a sequel to a movie that was widely considered bad, looking like a remake of one of the worst X-Men movies). I doubt the lack of toys had any real effect.

Ask Capcom how it went when their PR team tried to claim audiences don't remember the X-Men anymore.

Yeah, I know fans were pissed when Marvel Comics pretty blatantly started shelving the Fantastic Four and X-Men in lieu of, say, Guardians of the Galaxy. But it's business. And hardball business tactics can work. Of course, Fox's own ineptitude didn't hurt things.

I like how they tried to push inhumans but failed. You can put the brand on hiatus but replacing them is a no no

Emphasis on the ineptitude. Dark Phoenix's failure had a lot going into it (no Hugh Jackman Wolverine, being a sequel to a movie that was widely considered bad, looking like a remake of one of the worst X-Men movies). I doubt the lack of toys had any real effect.

They didn't. It was Uncle Ike's middle finger to Fox but nothing more. He was determined to have the comics scaled back and the merchandising to zero just to not help the overall profits because while Disney/Marvel owns the merchandising (they did even with the Spider-Man franchise before the Sony/Marvel Studios deal) he said that merchandising can help drive ticket sales and so he wasn't going to help them with anything.

Simon Kinberg is to blame for a lot of the missteps with the franchise. See he wrote X-Men: The Last Stand. He stayed on to produce other X-Men films but that was the one he wrote. Once that rebooted he stayed on as producer and has credits on Deadpool, Logan, etc.

Matthew Vaughn wanted to do a three part trilogy which would start with First Class, then focus on a Wolverine film with cameos and then end it all with Days of the Future Past. Fox liked the idea of DotFP so much they pressured him to skip the middle portion. He refused and despite having to written and storied out, he left. Once he did Kinberg was hired to adapt Vaughn's story. With that one being a success, he was hired to write X-Men: Apocalypse and even stayed on to help fill in for Bryan Singer who was notoriously having personal issues during that filming. When Singer was out they brought him to write and direct Dark Phoenix where he decided to take another crack at The Dark Phoenix Saga, claiming that he was forced originally to introduce the "Cure" aspects and that stopped him from telling the story he wanted.

He did worse, his story had inconsistencies from the franchise it was coming from, had huge plotholes and somehow told the same story (one that he originally admitted probably needed more than one movie to tell) worse than before and again tried to shove it into one movie learning nothing.

He also wrote: The Failed Fantastic Four reboot.

This thread is going off track...

With SDCC just around the corner, already got my badge, I'm hoping Captain Marvel...er....Shazam makes an appearance. If not, I fear it was indeed an April fools joke.

Got an email from Amazon staying that the release date for the Blu-Ray is July 16th, a couple of days before SDCC. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw him there no problem and orderable to take advantage of the home release.

Got an email from Amazon staying that the release date for the Blu-Ray is July 16th, a couple of days before SDCC. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw him there no problem and orderable to take advantage of the home release.
I highly doubt they are waiting for SDCC to release the figure, they probably for some reason are having issues with the likeness of the actor and he is not giving them his consent. I recall that was the issue with drax and it's probably why we will not get a drax 2.0.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hot Toys never ties anything in with a DVD release, or even most anniversaries.

The only reason this likely hasn't happened yet is because Hot Toys doesn't care.

It seems there are no new DC except rerelease so maybe this is an april fools joke afterall [emoji27][emoji27][emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still fully expect him to be at SDCC, there's no toy news lately, everyone is waiting for SDCC.

I would agree with the 99%, lol

The fact that Hot Toys is diving back into the Nolan Batman Trilogy for new releases
tells you all you need to know about what they think of current DC properties.

I would agree with the 99%, lol

The fact that Hot Toys is diving back into the Nolan Batman Trilogy for new releases
tells you all you need to know about what they think of current DC properties.

More like what Disney tells them to think, since Howard clearly has his head shoved up their asses.

Hot Toys never ties anything in with a DVD release, or even most anniversaries.

The only reason this likely hasn't happened yet is because Hot Toys doesn't care.

Wasn't the days of future past Wolverine Released close to the blu ray release date?

Rewatched Shazam this past weekend. Such a fun movie. While I've been hoping HT would produce the whole Family, given the lower than expected box office we'll be lucky to just get Shazam. Maybe one of the KO companies will produce H+Cs for the others.

Back