Hot Toys MMS - Shazam! - Shazam Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is coming way after infinity figures i guess but hopefully many bank accounts are not yet emptied by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hot toys only have two figures left from endgame to be officialy show (cap and rocket).

i'm sure once this two are in preorder they will start to focus on the other licences

Even though Mary is the most well known after Captain Marvel in the comics, she was the worst in the movies finale IMO. I barely remember her doing anything.

I will say this, Mary was one of the most disappointing parts of the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If we were going to get another of the Marvel family, and I don’t think we will, it’d be Freddie

I watched the movie last night and really enjoyed it! Far more than I thought I would to be honest.
Depending on how good this figure is (and what he comes with - ideally a DX pack with Billy) I would be very interested in getting this figure.

Is it weird that I would also love some figures of The Seven Deadly Sins?

OOOOOh and a Dr Sivana with...

Spoiler Spoiler:

as an accessory!

hot toys only have two figures left from endgame to be officially show (cap and rocket). i'm sure once this two are in preorder they will start to focus on the other licenses

When they started showing off figures on display I figured they'd do all of the Endgame figures before anything else. I wouldn't be shocked if Shazam got nuzzled in between the first couple of Episode IX figures.

What I want to know is, do they ever refer to him as Captain Marvel in the movie? It’s driving me nuts all the synopsis I’ve seen for the movie calls him Shazam. This guy is the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel, not either of the rip-off Marvel Universe characters (male or female).

They don't even reference him as Shazam either :lol

He didn't really get a name mention except "Captain Sparklefingers"

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

That’s a bummer they don’t call him by name. I just watched a movie from 1950 yesterday (The good Humor Man) where the main character, an adult, and a bunch of kids, were all part of a Captain Marvel Club, and they showed, and kept referencing, the comics throughout the entire movie — awesome.

That’s a bummer they don’t call him by name. I just watched a movie from 1950 yesterday (The good Humor Man) where the main character, an adult, and a bunch of kids, were all part of a Captain Marvel Club, and they showed, and kept referencing, the comics throughout the entire movie — awesome.

which also stars george reeves tvs first superman as his love rival :)

What I want to know is, do they ever refer to him as Captain Marvel in the movie? It’s driving me nuts all the synopsis I’ve seen for the movie calls him Shazam. This guy is the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel, not either of the rip-off Marvel Universe characters (male or female).

I'm pretty sure they can't legally. Marvel owns "Captain Marvel" according to my browsing of the Wikipedia.

I liked the movie a lot, if they gave a great figure I may pick it up. I'll probably get the Mafex if not. I'd definitely want a smiling headsculpt like the Mafex has.

I'm pretty sure they can't legally. Marvel owns "Captain Marvel" according to my browsing of the Wikipedia.

I liked the movie a lot, if they gave a great figure I may pick it up. I'll probably get the Mafex if not. I'd definitely want a smiling headsculpt like the Mafex has.

Yeah this is certainly a figure where a bland neautral sculpt will not do.

Specifically, they're allowed to refer to him as Captain Marvel, they just can't use that name in the title or market him as such. All merchandise and titles have to be Shazam, which is why they just said screw it and changed the name to Shazam.

You're never gonna see him called Captain Marvel in a movie.

Correct. They can call him Captain Marvel all day, but Marvel owns the trademark to "Captain Marvel" so nothing can be titled or marketed as Captain Marvel. It's been that way for decades, but it was only a few years ago that DC decided the confusion was too much and just ditched Captain Marvel altogether. The full story of how Captain Marvel became Shazam is much longer. Lots fun legal tidbits. Mostly people dropping the ball.

I'm not really sure how he introduces himself these days, but it can't be by name.

hot toys only have two figures left from endgame to be officialy show (cap and rocket).

i'm sure once this two are in preorder they will start to focus on the other licences

There’s also Hulk/Banner and Widow yet to be shown. Not to mention any other variations like Nebula in Avengers uniform and the bulky War Machine. Also there may be other characters they won’t show until the film’s been out.

Well given that the new film is based on the New 52 version, Geoff Johns pretty much fixed that issue within that run. The word "Shazam" has to be said with intention, like a spell. Billy says it in that series and nothing happens because he wasn't trying to turn into Shazam.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-16-at-9-09-20-PM.png

So I'm sure the film will take a similar route meaning that Billy will have to work with it similar to a spell in any other magic film. In this film he was wanting to turn into Shazam, and turning back because he wanted to so it's a learning process.

Well given that the new film is based on the New 52 version, Geoff Johns pretty much fixed that issue within that run. The word "Shazam" has to be said with intention, like a spell. Billy says it in that series and nothing happens because he wasn't trying to turn into Shazam.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-16-at-9-09-20-PM.png

So I'm sure the film will take a similar route meaning that Billy will have to work with it similar to a spell in any other magic film. In this film he was wanting to turn into Shazam, and turning back because he wanted to so it's a learning process.
That run was so good , this movie will really kick it in to gear if they ring in black Adam and thr rest if them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back