Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats guys on getting this huge thing.
Id love too own it, but no cash bc of POs and no space.

If anyone wants to know about the faded panties fix on the Mark iv, see my tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39r...3k0DvAU&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received

I assume that the defect will arise on the gantry mark iV in some time.

Thanks to thecorsair from the forums for selling me the fig.

Great video Xeno!

OOOOOOUCH, that eye looks seriously painful indeed! I really appreciated your video because it pointed me to a narrow shouldered TT style male body that I can put my DX01 Police uniform on.

At only £16 (UK) and free shipping, this is a winner. If it's any good, I will definitely get some more in and actually start some custom work up. It certainly looks up to the part from your great video.

Thank you my friend, that was very helpful indeed! :duff

Thanks for sharing the un-boxing photos DGT. I have to admit, that Gantry set looks AMAZING! Hope you got run for it! That thing is huge! :clap

Great video Xeno!

OOOOOOUCH, that eye looks seriously painful indeed! I really appreciated your video because it pointed me to a narrow shouldered TT style male body that I can put my DX01 Police uniform on.

At only £16 (UK) and free shipping, this is a winner. If it's any good, I will definitely get some more in and actually start some custom work up. It certainly looks up to the part from your great video.

Thank you my friend, that was very helpful indeed! :duff

:hi5: Thank you for your kind words. More experienced collectors or even customizers probably already knew about the bootleg body, but I thought why not do this real practical on an example or 2.

Cheers :)

Lol. Thanks. I have been selling it all off to fund my HT habit. Half of it is gone now!
The good news on the Avengers gantry front is, now that i have a Blu-Ray rip of The Avengers, i have great frame-by-frame reference in extreme HD of the gantry sequences.

Someone in the Philippines has already created one for the 6" hasbro Mk.6.... in June

40962-1.jpg
40962-3.jpg
40962-4.jpg

Link:
https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=40962

Wellllll - maybe? That is to say, 27 cm is plenty deep to accommodate the base of the gantry, but you have to take that back "helmet-mounting" arm into account. It's adjustable, so I'm thinking if you adjust it pretty much as straight up as you can and angle the "claw" down toward Tony's head, it'll look just fine and leave you enough room.

Hope that's helpful?

Thanks friend!
I will try

Had to sell my mark iv with gantry to fund a mark vi maquette i found locally at RP.

It was an awesome upgrade but i really hope the secondary price on this doesnt go up too soon as i'd like to own both.

Had to sell my mark iv with gantry to fund a mark vi maquette i found locally at RP.

It was an awesome upgrade but i really hope the secondary price on this doesnt go up too soon as i'd like to own both.

Awesome maquette.

I hope you can pick up the gantry again some time. It's a great piece to show-off.

Congrats.
It's very impressive in person. You'll see.

All I can say is WOW. Showed up today and WOW! Excellent packaging, excellent design. Now, I just have to find space to display this bad boy. Mark IV looks killer. I have 2 previous Mark IV figures but for some reason, it looks better and very very slightly different.

I know it's a costly thing, but if anyone was on the fence about buying this, don't wait.

A+++

All I can say is WOW. Showed up today and WOW! Excellent packaging, excellent design. Now, I just have to find space to display this bad boy. Mark IV looks killer. I have 2 previous Mark IV figures but for some reason, it looks better and very very slightly different.

I know it's a costly thing, but if anyone was on the fence about buying this, don't wait.

A+++

It's an excellent piece for sure. :rock

I posted this a few pages back regarding the differences between the Mk.IV's:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4813304&postcount=1440

I'm not 10n0% sure, but I noticed slightly more details in the paint app of the headsculpt.

For example, it appears he has darker shadowing along the side of his jaw bone. A 5 o'clock shadow just starting, if you will.
Also, his hair seems to have multiple shades of brown.

Here's a pic:

7595139022_2e68ee5525_b.jpg

Got mine last week from BBTS and this piece is just incredible with the level of detail. One thing to consider though if you buy just the gantry-only version which I did.

The gantry only version will not hold up the chest Plate from the Mark IV. The there are two small magnets on the chest plate in the Mark IV that comes in the combined figure + gantry package that holds it to the front arm. (this is shown in the directions).

So if displaying this piece with the chest plate off and on the arm is important to you, you'll need to buy the combined version or buy the parted off chest plate on Ebay, which goes for between $40-50. No big deal for me, I used an an extra Mark IV I had to display with the gantry to save some money.

Or get your hands on those super strong magnets from the dollar store (not that black magnet strip stuff) and just put that behind the chest piece.

Ta-da! Will work with any chest piece, I'll have my Mark II on that.

MUST HAVE !!! Thats all i can say.

proud owner <3

here mine :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bow9AWAwe5k&feature=plcp"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bow9AWAwe5k&feature=plcp[/ame]

Back