Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares they are rereleasing the IV, if your mad because you think its going to go down in price your in this hobby for the wrong reasons and probably a bit of a tool.

:exactly: Never had the intention of selling my Mark IV, so never even gave it's current value a thought. Still worth what I paid for it as far as I'm concerned.

:exactly: Never had the intention of selling my Mark IV, so never even gave it's current value a thought. Still worth what I paid for it as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think the value of Mark IV would go down since there's really no difference from the Mark IV (w/ Gantry) they release just now :dunno

I don't think the value of Mark IV would go down since there's really no difference from the Mark IV (w/ Gantry) they release just now :dunno

Well that's exactly why the value will go down. There is more supply of the same figure, and demand is presumably the same. Also, if you see the difference in price of the set with and without Mark IV, the implied price of the Mark IV is about $140-150. Which is much lower than what it was going for in the secondary market before this annoucement.

So no doubt the value of the Mark IV will reduce at least in the medium term while this set is available at retail prices.

Well, I am not very happy with this. Not because I already own a Mark IV; but because I Wish they would've AT LEAST changed the head sculpt! I would've happily bought the Gantry as well as the figure. Come on Hot Toys! Couldn't you have given us the grinning Tony instead? He's a happy-go-lucky guy and all we've had so far are the strange angry and brooding expressions. He's not the Goddamn Batman for pete's sake! I Wish they would've done this instead:

IM2.png

Well, I am not very happy with this. Not because I already own a Mark IV; but because I Wish they would've AT LEAST changed the head sculpt! I would've happily bought the Gantry as well as the figure. Come on Hot Toys! Couldn't you have given us the grinning Tony instead? He's a happy-go-lucky guy and all we've had so far are the strange angry and brooding expressions. He's not the Goddamn Batman for pete's sake!

Great post. I agree totally.

I am very excited for this environment. I prefer the 'suit-up' scene from the first Iron Man movie (arms drop out from the ceiling), but the gantry is definitely the one environmental piece that I would consider essential.

I purchased an extra Mark IV figure as a 'back-up' that I decided to sell/trade for something of equal value, and that just took a major hit. Ouch!

I am hoping that the price for this piece is not outrageous (I will buy the version without the Mark IV). I can understand those of us that are either straight-up not interested, or getting Iron Man-ed out, but for me this piece is a (argh) Must-Have.

Well that's exactly why the value will go down. There is more supply of the same figure, and demand is presumably the same. Also, if you see the difference in price of the set with and without Mark IV, the implied price of the Mark IV is about $140-150. Which is much lower than what it was going for in the secondary market before this annoucement.

So no doubt the value of the Mark IV will reduce at least in the medium term while this set is available at retail prices.

I agree. However, from the pics, things that seem to be missing as compared to when the previous Mark IV was released are:

Shades
Hall of Armour Base
Donut and Box
(am I missing out anything else?)

Given the secondary market price or the knocked-up parts' price on eBay, I think it would add up to the same price at which it was sold at retail initially. So, if this one goes for $140-150, add-up another $30-40, lo and behold, it'll be the same price. But no doubts, it would be a very good deal for the first time buyers of Mark IV.

I agree. However, from the pics, things that seem to be missing as compared to when the previous Mark IV was launcehed are:

Shades
Hall of Armour Base
Donut and Box
(am I missing out anything else?)

Given the secondary market price or the knocked-up parts' price on eBay, I think it would add up to the same price at which it was sold at retail initially. So, if this one goes for $140-150, add-up another $30-40, lo and behold, it'll be the same price. But no doubts, it would be a very good deal for the first time buyers of Mark IV.

Hadn't thought about that. Great observations.

I've seen some of those light-up bases on eBay for crazy-high prices.

Might pick this up and display with either the MKII AU or MKIV SP, but $300 damn! I will have to sell one of those two pay for it

..but we can't really implied that new lower price of Mark IV can we? Cause they're selling this as a set only and a lot of us here are already complaining of the high price tag of the set ($500) w/c in turn passing this set. Plus, they just made the Mark IV lower this time since it's included in a pricey set.

Back