Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry how hard is it to get the legs off?

Very easy. They are all on simple ball joints. During extreme posing on the MKVII, it's possible for them to come off by accident.
On the other marks, it takes slightly more effort, but not enough to break the leg. Grip the leg firmly with the same hand(If removing the leg on the right of the figure, use your right hand), and put your thumb on the side of the hip armour. While holding the leg firmly, push on the hip with your thumb, and the lateral motion will pop the leg off the ball joint.
See here:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvRZxwBI4bs&list=UU2e57ZklL66RVbBhd-t5rvQ&index=1[/ame]

Very easy. They are all on simple ball joints. During extreme posing on the MKVII, it's possible for them to come off by accident.
On the other marks, it takes slightly more effort, but not enough to break the leg. Grip the leg firmly with the same hand(If removing the leg on the right of the figure, use your right hand), and put your thumb on the side of the hip armour. While holding the leg firmly, push on the hip with your thumb, and the lateral motion will pop the leg off the ball joint.
See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvRZxwBI4bs&list=UU2e57ZklL66RVbBhd-t5rvQ&index=1

My BD Iron Man's leg came off during my photographing of him and freaked me out! :horror:panic:

But then I realized it pops back on without any effort. What a relief that was.................. :thud:

It's always a relief when something reattaches after it *broke* off...
:rotfl

You got that right! I went from this....

panic.gif

To this....

bvb104-gif-drew-relief.gif

:lol

I know this is sort of a dumb question...but given the high MSRP of the gantry is it worth it to get or would you just get another figure? I like how it looks but can not comprehend how it costs $300...even at today's inflated HT prices :(

^ I agree, it is way overpriced no matter how cool it looks. Which is why it is still in stock. I would just get another figure with the $300.

I know this is sort of a dumb question...but given the high MSRP of the gantry is it worth it to get or would you just get another figure? I like how it looks but can not comprehend how it costs $300...even at today's inflated HT prices :(

^ I agree, it is way overpriced no matter how cool it looks. Which is why it is still in stock. I would just get another figure with the $300.

It is totally worth every penny. it was worth it on release too, the engineering and quality is incredible, plus it lights up and "transforms" so to speak. an IM figure is now $250-$320, this is easily worth the price

It is totally worth every penny. it was worth it on release too, the engineering and quality is incredible, plus it lights up and "transforms" so to speak. an IM figure is now $250-$320, this is easily worth the price

Have to agree, this is intricate as hell and articulated out the wazoo.

Wait... this thing lights up? :lol

ok so I was right... :lol

Im at work so I couldn't check

Yes. You were right.
See vid below.

And to anyone who reckons it's not worth the cost, it's WELL worth $300. Even more i'd say.
Looking at it, there must be at least 500 parts on it. Maybe more.
It's all moveable and poseable.
Plus the lights and the articulated base.
It couldn't be any more perfect than it is.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZXc3Q5KzU[/ame]

Yes. You were right.
See vid below.

And to anyone who reckons it's not worth the cost, it's WELL worth $300. Even more i'd say.
Looking at it, there must be at least 500 parts on it. Maybe more.
It's all moveable and poseable.
Plus the lights and the articulated base.
It couldn't be any more perfect than it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZXc3Q5KzU

the only thing better would be the Gantry from avengers :D

Back