HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

People always neglect to mention where and how much when they talk about how great these alternative options are. I wish I knew as well. :(

Sorry, I tried to do a search also but couldnt find the thread anymore. I'm not sure if Ben deleted the thread. The reason why people havent responded cause Ben only offered it for a limited time. I think initially, just one run, then he did another run when people kept asking for more if I recall correctly. And this is awhile back. So I dont think he offers them anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong, and that you can still get one if you can get a hold of him through FB or PM. I highly recommend his cowl. It really changes the figure in my opinion.

I think they were around $80, which was not bad at all considering it also has PERS. He also included a faceplate, but I prefer Robbie's.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Sorry, I tried to do a search also but couldnt find the thread anymore. I'm not sure if Ben deleted the thread. The reason why people havent responded cause Ben only offered it for a limited time. I think initially, just one run, then he did another run when people kept asking for more if I recall correctly. And this is awhile back. So I dont think he offers them anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong, and that you can still get one if you can get a hold of him through FB or PM. I highly recommend his cowl. It really changes the figure in my opinion.

I think they were around $80, which was not bad at all considering it also has PERS. He also included a faceplate, but I prefer Robbie's.

He's moved into bb cowl so I doubt it

Ben Choi's cowl is certainly awesome but I have yet to see one out of shadow under uncontrolled lighting. After seeing it quite a few times now, I still honestly have no idea what the eyes look like.

Edit:
Nevermind, just saw the vid Remy posted on the previous page. Yeah, again the cowl itself is great but the eyes and faces are better on the Armory I think.

Last edited:

Which part of the arm doesn't move? The elbow? Shoulder?

Did anyon ever confirm if this can or cannot fit in the batmobile? It won't change my purchase, but it would be nice to know.

Yeah, again the cowl itself is great but the eyes and faces are better on the Armory I think.

Armory faceplate fits fine in Ben's cowl; it did in my cowl at least...

DSCN1734--------------.jpg
DSCN1735--------------.jpg

Last edited:

Hardys movie won a GG. I guess you Bane lovers gotta love this

batman with my custom velvet cape

20160124_082850.jpg
20160124_082954.jpg
20160124_083748.jpg
20160124_082656.jpg
20160124_084117.jpg

Does anyone remember or know who it was that was offereing the custom Sonar head & black cape pack a while ago was it Kai studios or someone else?

:lol

I bet that Ben Choi sculpt wasn't cheap either.

Actually, it was...so its a kinda a steal.
If I remember correctly, I think it was only $70 or $80...and it even has PERS so you can move the eyes around.
Plus it also includes a mouth...although honestly, I wasnt fond of it cause Robbie's mouthpiece was much better.
I also tried the armory mouth which indeed worked well with it, but personally, I prefer Robbie's mouthpiece the best.

Actually, it was...so its a kinda a steal.
If I remember correctly, I think it was only $70 or $80...and it even has PERS so you can move the eyes around.
Plus it also includes a mouth...although honestly, I wasnt fond of it cause Robbie's mouthpiece was much better.
I also tried the armory mouth which indeed worked well with it, but personally, I prefer Robbie's mouthpiece the best.

Hey, that's not too bad. I must've gotten him confused with Adam Gu. :lol

Hey, that's not too bad. I must've gotten him confused with Adam Gu. :lol

Lol...nope...way off.
Adam is talented but way too greedy. I've lost a lot of respect for Adam.
Ben's quite the opposite...he could have charged more, but he wanted to offer a fair price so everyone can afford it. :yess:

Ben's quite the opposite...he could have charged more, but he wanted to offer a fair price so everyone can afford it. :yess:

On top of that, Ben is a great dude to deal with -
very accommodating and updates frequently.

I also have Robbie's mouthplate, but haven't tried it on Ben's cowl.
Armory mouthplate is my current preference; I'll have to give Robbie's a try.

On top of that, Ben is a great dude to deal with -
very accommodating and updates frequently.

I also have Robbie's mouthplate, but haven't tried it on Ben's cowl.
Armory mouthplate is my current preference; I'll have to give Robbie's a try.

Yup. Ben was extremely friendly and modest, so it made the experience even more pleasant.

I've tried most of the cowls out there (armory, mrm's, a widened modified medicom),
but my personal favorite so far is Ben's. Most of the others, I've since sold.
I bought two of these Ben cowls, but will probably just keep one and put the other for sale.
Everyone has their own favorites -- which is part of the fun of this hobby,
seeing all the variety in people's collections.

I'm sure someone else will come out with a different cowl at some point.
If it looks good, I'll probably give that one a try. That's how it goes...

Back