HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This is the poster I got.

27E55C09-1817-4568-BF92-094FE37BE19C-54750-00002863DC927AD2.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Has anyone taken the suit off of the body? I realize it's on there to stay, but I figure some industrious curious/mod-minded person might have stripped it down completely...and maybe even taken pictures!? I want to mod the thighs to be thinner or swap the body out. I may not actually do it if it is ridiculously complicated, but if there is even the slimmest of chances it can be done, I might try it. It looks like there is some type of body suit under the cloth even on the legs? Do the legs have the TrueType girth enhancements on them? Could they be fished out of there to give the suit some room at the hips so the legs can be brought more perpendicular to the body in a sitting position?

Has anyone taken the suit off of the body? I realize it's on there to stay, but I figure some industrious curious/mod-minded person might have stripped it down completely...and maybe even taken pictures!? I want to mod the thighs to be thinner or swap the body out. I may not actually do it if it is ridiculously complicated, but if there is even the slimmest of chances it can be done, I might try it. It looks like there is some type of body suit under the cloth even on the legs? Do the legs have the TrueType girth enhancements on them? Could they be fished out of there to give the suit some room at the hips so the legs can be brought more perpendicular to the body in a sitting position?

i don't know what page it's on, but yes it's been done (look at my posts for this thread and you might be able to find it).

it's not difficult, but does take patience and care. there's a padded unitard under the suit that can be removed. once off, the body is slightly slimmer, but the outer suit holds its shape, so the difference is only slight. i personally think it does help with the thigh problem.

the legs are built "fat" so there's no enhancer to remove, but the removal of the padding does help and overall removing the padding makes the ankles look less thin comparatively so that the leg is proportionally better.

once the padding is removed, articulation is very good ~ i found loosing the top of the codpiece also helps (don't remove it, just loosen the top) ~ otherwise the waist is still hard to push into a perpendicular position.

because the padding makes the outer suit loose, posing may require more futzing as the suit will shift around more. this, i think, is a negligible concern. overall i find the final effect is fabulous.

sorry for the lousy picture: dark house, bad camera.

batman_sit2.jpg

Last edited:

i don't know what page it's on, but yes it's been done (look at my posts for this thread and you might be able to find it).

it's not difficult, but does take patience and care. there's a padded unitard under the suit that can be removed. once off, the body is slightly slimmer, but the outer suit holds its shape, so the difference is only slight. i personally think it does help with the thigh problem.

the legs are built "fat" so there's no enhancer to remove, but the removal of the padding does help and overall removing the padding makes the ankles look less thin comparatively so that the leg is proportionally better.

once the padding is removed, articulation is very good ~ i found loosing the top of the codpiece also helps (don't remove it, just loosen the top) ~ otherwise the waist is still hard to push into a perpendicular position.

because the padding makes the outer suit loose, posing may require more futzing as the suit will shift around more. this, i think, is a negligible concern. overall i find the final effect is fabulous.

batman_sit2.jpg

Thank you for your prompt and FANTASTIC reply!! I will go back and look through your posts for the info and pictures. Would it be OK if I PM you with questions if I have any? Thanks again!!!

Thank you for your prompt and FANTASTIC reply!! I will go back and look through your posts for the info and pictures. Would it be OK if I PM you with questions if I have any? Thanks again!!!

sure ~ i am no expert on these things, though. i did this through trial and error with an extra body i scored for cheap, so i had a huge "safety net".

to be honest, i would probably be very freaked out to do this if i only had one dx12, but i was determined and willing to spend the extra money because, like you, i wanted the lower body articulation.

: D

batman_sit2.jpg

Lol at pic. Wayne manor looks a bit wooden in that pic.

Can someone tell me if the stock cape was tailored to have a bigger fold on the front left side compared to the right?

Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Batman-768x1366.jpg

I want to use this as a backdrop for my figures but no printing company will touch it. Damn them!

Have you tried zazzle.com ? they print just about anything...

sure ~ i am no expert on these things, though. i did this through trial and error with an extra body i scored for cheap, so i had a huge "safety net".

to be honest, i would probably be very freaked out to do this if i only had one dx12, but i was determined and willing to spend the extra money because, like you, i wanted the lower body articulation.

I have more than one and I'm still going to grab an extra body to do this mod. What you have is experience and it is quite valuable. Thank you for sharing with us. I read your other posts in this thread and I'm sure I'll have some questions once I get into it. Better articulation and specifically increased lower body articulation was what I was looking most forward to with this release. I still love my DX02, but the rubber suit worries me and really does inhibit posing and articulation.

Lol at pic. Wayne manor looks a bit wooden in that pic.

he's visiting his slummy friends. or perps. or slummy perp friends.

I have more than one and I'm still going to grab an extra body to do this mod. What you have is experience and it is quite valuable. Thank you for sharing with us. I read your other posts in this thread and I'm sure I'll have some questions once I get into it. Better articulation and specifically increased lower body articulation was what I was looking most forward to with this release. I still love my DX02, but the rubber suit worries me and really does inhibit posing and articulation.

good on you for planning in advance! i might get yet another body to turn into nightwing as well now that i am confident the mod can be done.

and yeah on the rubber suit ~ it never had any appeal to me because of the articulation problems. dx12 mostly solves that and stripping the suit gets it far enough that i'm all that more happier with it.

I was asked a while back to take some shots from different angles of my posing bats with his EMP gun i figured i'd just share these for anyone else curious how to try and best achieve a firing or aiming pose with the EMP gun:
dxemp1_zpsa6d34be2.jpg

dxemp2_zps73bb4879.jpg

dxemp3_zpsc9426861.jpg

dxemp4_zpsa872dcf1.jpg

Great pics with the EMP! I struggled badly to find a decent pose with him holding it...

Will this Bruce head fit on dx2?

Those are great photo's Magnuz, and I love the way Batman's cape falls behind him. Awesome! :clap

I want to order DX12 but I live outside the States. A friend of mine is going and comesback on the 22nd. Is there an online store in USA that guarantees shipping around that day?

Can someone tell me if the stock cape was tailored to have a bigger fold on the front left side compared to the right?

This is the third time I'm asking can someone please elaborate on it?...

Magnuz, those pics are amazing. I haven't tried posing with the EMP gun yet, even though before I got the figure that was my first intention, but that looks amazing, and the multiple angles helps with seeing how to position everything for a good pose. Thanks for posting. :clap

Back