HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

169nvhc.gif

tumblr_lqjzifdg0Y1r28lafo1_500.gif

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I just picked up extra heads for my dx12 that still hasn't even arrived yet. Gotta find some talented people to do this mod asap!

Great mods all round.

Personally i'm putting my faith in CREG to do an all round better cowl. That or the modded medi will do it for me.

Void did you try to put the medi on the dx12 body yet?

Very nice rorywan, I much prefer that to the first version. I guess maglor, you do know what you're on about at times :lol

Great mods all round.

Personally i'm putting my faith in CREG to do an all round better cowl. That or the modded medi will do it for me.

I'll be very curious to see whether you think the Medi head is too big for the DX12 once you have it in hand.

Here are my thoughts on the DX12 head's potential:

With a custom or DX02 face plate (or the stock angry face) and the squint mod, the only problem with it is that it's too thin - front to back. I know I said that I didn't care that the back of the head doesn't stick out enough, but from the side it does look odd, like the back of his head could never fit inside the cowl.

With that one exception, I think the DX12 head with mods is the best option for this figure. As long as your display is showing him from the front (more or less), it will look great.

I know the brow isn't right, but that is such a minor issue. With the squint mod the whole eye area looks great IMO.

Very nice rorywan, I much prefer that to the first version. I guess maglor, you do know what you're on about at times :lol

Impossible! :lecture

Damn... I forgot. I did happen to post some pics of what i was trying to achieve.

Wait... you did or didn't post pics of your elbow mod? Where are they???

Did anyone order DX12 from Superpower Collectibles ? Just curious if they will be getting theirs in soon.

Decided to mod my second head. Interestly the bottom parts came out a lot easier, maybe it's because I understood the mechanism this time, but the face itself seemed almost molded into the cowl, touch and go for a minute.

EDIT: Just for Maglor.
Bottom eyelids (but keeping the HT sculpt in corners) not painted or sanded yet.
Personally I prefer Version I, this feels more like the stock DX12 to me.. I managed to sculpt tiny lines on the eyelids which makes it work ok,
just needs a clean up. So whilst this is probably more accurate, I think the other looks cooler. I may scrap this one.
Next would be a complete squint..?

ScreenShot2012-11-13at122024.png
1-78.jpg

Somehow, I agree with you, the first one was better. However, that one had the fleshy red part of the lower lid plus the painted lashes, which helps with the realism.

Either, you've done a great service to this DX.

I'd try it myself, but just imagining the minute work gives me sweats.

Maglor, don't shave anymore, it's perfect. There are so many shots where the length of his face varies. It's all about the position of his head. If he's looking up, the back of his neck would force the front of the cowl closer to his upper lip, and other times where he's looking straight on, the nose piece is either higher or lower.

So there's no definitive or correct way. It's all a matter of preference at this point.

Oh and mag, I prefer both to be honest, and please show me a pic of how messed up your talking mouth is?

I already shaved a tiny bit more off the neutral mouth - both the top and bottom. Pretty happy with it now.

Comparing it to the open mouth face, I can't believe how much I carved off that thing...

I already shaved a tiny bit more off the neutral mouth - both the top and bottom. Pretty happy with it now.

Comparing it to the open mouth face, I can't believe how much I carved off that thing...

Pics my man!

No need. It's shot.

The only way to save it would be to re-sculpt around it. Trust me...

still confused whether to get this or Toyfair Exclusive .....which one is better?

Back