HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Are you saying that the whole head has shrunken or just the face (particularly the area around the eyes)? Under what circumstance could the latter feasibly happen while all the other details on the head remain absolutely the same?

Just a part of the face has shrunken, the eyes/nose proportion looks olverall smaller.

And I can't give you an exact answer. Ask to someone like Creg. Same cast molds, same laboratory, all the same, and different result:

bale-size-diff-01.jpg

bale-size-diff-03.jpg

Although Hot Toys should have much more advanced technology, I think they are not 100% free of losing details, and/or shrunken issues.. maybe at much less noticeable levels.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Those lines looks awful. Ordered the second one.

That looks like a thinning of the entire head. In the comparison you did of the HT Bruce sculpts on the previous pages, only the area around the eyes purportedly 'shrunk'. I won't pretend to know much about the casting process. Can one detail shrink while others stay the same? Because that's what it looks like to me, and I can't say for sure that anything really changed at all.

There was a really good comparison of the heads from way back in the thread, when photos were beginning to surface. I'm gonna try finding it. It was a photo by Luka, I think.

Found it, it was an elijay photo, not Luka:

4I0VT.jpg

Does the DX02 elbow pads also stick out?

one thing I haven't seen too many people discuss is how the armor hangs on the body to give it a very natural look. Can't get that with the DX02.

Is the one on the right the production piece? IF so, i'm amazed.

Yeah, it is. I'm impressed as well. The heads aren't completely lined up in the comparison, but I can't see a different in the sculpts. Paint? Yes.

I hear a lot of people these days saying that HT's final production heads are better than the prototypes, paint-wise, but I'll never agree with that. There's little chance that a factory app will ever beat out JC Hong's personalized one (even if he paints it with the intent of presenting it as close to the final version as possible), but they get really close. Really close.

Whatever other difference is chalked up to lighting.

I considered for a moment under what circumstances would the production sculpt actually be *ever so slightly* different from the prototype. Assuming, hypothetically, that it's true, what would be the cause? The supposed change is so small, so miniscule that it could be said that it hadn't happened at all. Could Kojun have gone back to make the slight change? Why that and not the mouthplates for the cowl? Could it be the result of the manufacturing process?

Sounds arbitrary. I perceive no practical difference that couldn't be attributed to difference in camera angle/paint application, or lighting.

Now let's get back to the misaligned batsymbol.

:goodpost: This should be the end of it... but it wont be.

The big conversation from today is why people hate the internet.

:exactly:

wp00edit.jpg

PRE ORDER CANCELLED​

I have read all the nitpicking on this horrible figure and have decided to cancel my pre order. NOT BECAUSE of all the defects but because of this....
BatCrotch.jpg
AND THIS
batman-and-robin-6.jpg

AND THIS
batman-forever12.jpg

THE BULGE/PACKAGE on the dx 12 is WAY TO SMALL. Look at the pics I have provided. The oc batman bulge is BIG, George clooney is HUGE, Val kilmer is OK but Robin is HUNG. ANOTHER FAIL for hot toys. DAMN you for not giving us the most authentic batman ever made. I refuse to pay 260.00 for such a SUBPAR doll, I mean toy, I mean well you know what it is. First the head, then the paint app, then the lips, then the teeth, then the cape, then the boots, then the emblem, then the eyes, then the eye color, then the armor, then the bruce wayne head, then the base, then the box, YES YES NOW THE BULGE. Enterbay would have made it huge, but only medicom would have made it epic. Sorry hot toys your not getting my money im no sucker.

A_zpse6d79bee.jpg

You are ridiculous, you're canceling this figure just because how his nuts look? you say your not being nitpicking, but this is the worst form of nitpicking I ever seen.

comparacion2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Jesus, if I was this nitpicking, I would kill myself, its just a figure guys.

Damn!! you don't see the nose shrunken has hell ..:slap :lol

4i0vt.jpg

Really guys? what are you looking at ? :horror

You are ridiculous, you're canceling this figure just because how his nuts look? you say your not being nitpicking, but this is the worst form of nitpicking I ever seen.

Comedy is dead and sarcasm is lost

Gonna take a break from Tyranus7 for a while. Ignore feature utilized. :)

I must have accidentally hopped on the short bus to this thread...

And I thought the Luke thread was bad! This is pure gold! :lol

Damn!! you don't see the nose shrunken has hell ..:slap :lol

4i0vt.jpg

Really guys? what are you looking at ? :horror

The head on the right is tilted up slightly, man. And like I said, the heads aren't completely lined up, vertically.

I won't insult you over it, but I don't see what you see.

And I thought the Luke thread was bad! This is pure gold! :lol

No. The Bespin Luke thread contains conspiracy theories and attacks on a good person's character. That thread is much worse. As SW threads usually are.

The head on the right is tilted up slightly, man. And like I said, the heads aren't completely lined up, vertically.

I won't insult you over it, but I don't see what you see.

but you said this was a good comparison, now is not as good as you thought?

But you just show me ONE shot (only one) where the face doesn't look shrunken compared to the proto :lol

Back