HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You guys should really drop this. It's going nowhere. Agree to disagree without one guy saying "I win this argument therefore I win the Internet".

I've never had any beef with anyone here nor do I want to start any, but whoever else is arguing over this should take a step back, breath a little, and realize just how silly it's all become.

Just chill out guys.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Too many freaking lines

:lol .. where that came from? I never said the headsculpt was bad or ugly, I just said it's not as accurate as the proto.. :lol

Still the best Christian Bale headsculpt around! :)

:slap Right over your head. :lol

I considered for a moment under what circumstances would the production sculpt actually be *ever so slightly* different from the prototype. Assuming, hypothetically, that it's true, what would be the cause? The supposed change is so small, so miniscule that it could be said that it hadn't happened at all. Could Kojun have gone back to make the slight change? Why that and not the mouthplates for the cowl? Could it be the result of the manufacturing process?

Sounds arbitrary. I perceive no practical difference that couldn't be attributed to difference in camera angle/paint application, or lighting.

Now let's get back to the misaligned batsymbol.

Those stupid lines make me want to play Donkey Kong

Has anyone posted these 'defects' on Hot toys FB page?

As you can see, profile won't chanche the eyes relative position, as oposite on the camera angle which chanches absolutely every single point except for one point, which remains the same.

Well, with this incredible bit of over-simplistic reasoning, I'm out. It's clear you have only the slightest grasp of both three dimensional space and shot composition. And instead of listening to what others have said, you'd rather stick to your flawed point of view and tell all of us how we're wrong and "don't get it."

Congratulations, you must be the smartest person on the internet. :dunno

Moving on to a more relevant topic, I am very much looking forward to this Bats being the center piece of my TDKR display. Some of the awesome poses we've seen in this thread really make me excited for this piece. I wonder if we'll be able to use this BW sculpt with the MMS Bats fig? I don't think anything has changed, right?

Last edited:

actually you're wrong again :lol ... dude just stop..

prueba1tn.jpg

:lol .. where that came from? I never said the headsculpt was bad or ugly, I just said it's not as accurate as the proto.. :lol

Still the best Christian Bale headsculpt around! :)

You are maybe right on the paint job of the eyebrows, but still think that the eyes are lowers than the proto.. and actually is not the same sculpt, one is the orinal prototype and the other is the recast. Never forget that, sometimes during the cast process the sculpt might result with slights differences.

Still, the eyes are lower.

prueba2dc.jpg

Left one is narrower, look at the forehead, probably the camera distorting things in either one of them.

You really think HT is trolling us with a different HS? :lol

Hey guys. I preordered this guy just now at BBTS. I have the item on hold at my LCS as well to see which one will get it first. I heard BBTS doesn't charge u if u cancel your preorder with them. That's why I did what I did. Anyways, are u suppose to turn ON or OFF your pile of loot when doing preorders with BBTS?????? Any suggestions??:dunno

Seriously though I've accepted never to take hot toys proto to be the final product, it's always off. Anyone planning on repainting the Bruce Wayne head to make him look older?

I ordered this form SSC when it was in backorder (last week), and now I see it as shipping soon! is this meaning that it'll be shipped Monday?

The **** is that line ****. The sculpt is the same. Why wouldn't it be? They're just identical casts of the original.

I think it's YOU that does not "get it". The photography is by different people and camera while the Adam sculpt is by the same person and camera. Do you realize how much the camera can distort a shape?

The big conversation from today is why people hate the internet.

Hey guys. I preordered this guy just now at BBTS. I have the item on hold at my LCS as well to see which one will get it first. I heard BBTS doesn't charge u if u cancel your preorder with them. That's why I did what I did. Anyways, are u suppose to turn ON or OFF your pile of loot when doing preorders with BBTS?????? Any suggestions??:dunno
If it is "ON" then BBTS will store items in your pile until you want to ship them. You save on shipping costs this way. If it is "OFF" then you will have items shipped as they come in stock. You will get an e-mail whenever something comes in stock if you leave the pile "ON."

I do KNOW it's not the same angle, but yes.. the paint apps are extremly differents (it a worst way), actually they are not as good as they were on the 2011 TF Batman Begins, and the face has shrunken compared to the proto. Period.

comp1c.jpg

Are you saying that the whole head has shrunken or just the face (particularly the area around the eyes)? Under what circumstance could the latter feasibly happen while all the other details on the head remain absolutely the same?

Back