HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Got my processing notification as well. I should be in the first shipment. Fairly excited to get this guy.

Also, did anyone else get two processing notifications? I got one saying Sunday, and another just now saying Monday.

I did.

This message is not too short.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Got my processing notification as well. I should be in the first shipment. Fairly excited to get this guy.

Also, did anyone else get two processing notifications? I got one saying Sunday, and another just now saying Monday.

My one says Monday. :lecture :panic:

For those that already have this, what are the dimensions of the base? I tried finding the specs on SSC and other sites but no such luck.

Did they just screw up with the first one or something? I found it rather peculiar.

If you go back and look at your Shipping Soon! e-mail it states "Your pre-order of the Batman (Bruce Wayne) The Dark Knight Rises - DX Sixth Scale Figure (Hot Toys) (901896) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 11 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please verify that both your shipping address and payment information (above) are correct on your order by (approximately) Monday, October 15, 2012."

So, it looks like someone made a date error and put Sunday, October 14, 2012 instead of Monday causing them to re-send a correctly dated e-mail.

If you go back and look at your Shipping Soon! e-mail it states "Your pre-order of the Batman (Bruce Wayne) The Dark Knight Rises - DX Sixth Scale Figure (Hot Toys) (901896) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 11 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please verify that both your shipping address and payment information (above) are correct on your order by (approximately) Monday, October 15, 2012."

So, it looks like someone made a date error and put Sunday, October 14, 2012 instead of Monday causing them to re-send a correctly dated e-mail.

:exactly: :goodpost:
That's exactly what my email said aswell. :panic:

I though everyone made fun of that one.
People more made fun of the silly "doooooooo" mouth from the SDCC Begins suit Batman. The DX face is not nearly as comical IMO.

17.jpg
And that's what PERS does. Thanks again, HT, for a pretty useless gimmick that will, admittedly, make this figure a nice complement to the DX-01 cartoon style Joker.

And that's what PERS does. Thanks again, HT, for a pretty useless gimmick that will, admittedly, make this figure a nice complement to the DX-01 cartoon style Joker.

:exactly:

I really don't know how others are not seeing it. :dunno

PERS looks amazing on Jack Sparrow, but varying degrees of awful on every other figure I've seen.

It's a gimmick. And I would love for them to either get rid of it, or dramatically improve it.

PERS looks amazing on Jack Sparrow, but varying degrees of awful on every other figure I've seen.

It's a gimmick. And I would love for them to either get rid of it, or dramatically improve it.

I can do without it. I've only used it on one figure, 89 bats. The rest, I center as best as I can and forget about it.

I think they work best for characters that use/act with their eyes. So characters like Jack Sparrow, Joker, Batman, and Im going out on a limb and saying Arnold, because he can give some good stares in his films, But others like Indy and Luke, I really dont think it was needed.

I think HT needs to bring back the "DELUXE" in the DX line. Give us loads of stuff, extra headsculpts. All the bells and whistles. Not just the PERS feature.

I think the future Anakin (if its Episode III) would look pretty great with PERS as well.

I don't think I'll even bother trying to get this figure in the future. Those eyes are laughably wrong for Bale. I really thought they'd address the overly large eyes issue with the TDKR release and instead, well.......

Add to that misaligned ab plates, wierd jutty out elbow pads, off-centre bat symbol, the cowl still being innaccurate overall, silly looking ankles, this one has turned out to be a much easier pass for me than it ought to have been.

I'll say no more.

That's what I thought too. I really felt the advancements they've made since the first DX's and the teaser of the accurate suit that the sculpt would be a slam dunk.

When I thought CSC was getting this this month I was excited but now Im happy I have a few more weeks.

I'm starting to ask myself if I really need this figure.

Last edited:

I've said it before & I'll say it again....

Claire Danes is Batman.

17-horz.jpg

Those pictures are very unflattering. Need to repost some of these to wash out the horrible taste!

BatmanHD212_zps51b494d0.jpg

Man that's not flattering.

And about pers if Hot Toys wants to give us more eyes poses, just give us more headsculpts like EB did. :lecture

The only Batman figure I own is the TF Exclusive. I had the MMS TDK figure but sold it a year ago. So I need a figure to represent the TDK and TDKR suit. So I pretty much need this figure.

For $250+ Hot Toys can keep this ugly thing. The eyes are huge and comical, the mouth pieces suck, the inaccuracies are numerous, and the overall presentation is just very poor. I still want the new and improved belt and grappling gun, but that's all.

I honestly think the DX02, leaking suit and all, is a better representation of Bale as Batman. Not to mention for it's original retail price of about $100 less than this thing, it was a better value as well.

Back