HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeah, the eyes look fine in those shots.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Could you take a front pic of the eyes? I would love to know if they are all wonky or not?

Looks like them eyes may not be as bad as the Plastic Enemies photos show. Here's hoping! But, these shots are promising.

picture.php
picture.php
picked up mines tonite, hope pic helps with decision making for those on the fence, sorry about poor quality of pics :D my camera sucks big time,

I want mine :( need to get some gray fabric so i can recreate the promo pics for TDK as my display until DX11 arrives.

These are the types of pics i love. OMG's are awesome and all but you dont get a feel for the figure like you do when the pictures just a quick snap imo.

But look at DX01/DX02.
Both great figures, both priced at about $175 dollars.
Compared to the DX11/DX12, I don't think we've seen $80-$100 improvements.:lecture
Yeah, The TDK Joker V1 was a bad figure, but The MMS Bank Robber Joker was one of HT best ever and he was about $150 upon release.
As was CR Superman, the supposed "Best HT Figure Ever".

Not sure if you own the DX02, but if you don't remember 80% of them had oil leaking out of their abs or if you got the corrected version(which I do) he had a big belly. And even beyond that the whole suit was made of rubber so the thing couldn't hold a pose, none of the poses OMG has posed him in. For the DX12 they had to engineer a whole new suit using fabric and rubber, plus an updated Bale sculpt (best mass produced Bale sculpt). A good amount of updates to the new figure.

And the Superman I was speaking of was the Brandon Routh Superman Returns figure, which was retail at $109 while the Christopher Reeves figure was $210. So like I said, prices keep rising, but the quality does improve, its just peoples expectations are higher than any mass produced product will ever meet.

Yep, its a beauty. I like the body proportions better than the DX02 as DX02 seems a little wide in the waist/stomach. The eyes seem a liiiiittle big but damnit this is still a homerun.

Yeah, the box and insert is lame but who cares? Collectors aren't buying this for the box and the cheapo blue print.

It is like K-Mart's little exclusive for their Movie Masters though,

batthings.jpg

But Enterbay did the same crap with their little exclusive. Ripped right off of Mattel with the evidence bag,

0005258_batman_the_dark_knight_movie_masters_gotham_thug_.jpg

Yep, its a beauty. I like the body proportions better than the DX02 as DX02 seems a little wide in the waist/stomach. The eyes seem a liiiiittle big but damnit this is still a homerun.

You have one in hand?

picture.php
picture.php
picked up mines tonite, hope pic helps with decision making for those on the fence, sorry about poor quality of pics :D my camera sucks big time,

These pics look great :)

I will be modding that head somehow. That's the best of the faceplates but its still not very good. It needed a neutral open lipped Bale mouth, like the DX02 and EB 1/4.

Yeah, the belts look great, just like the real thing. It's a nice shiny gold. I like that yellow foam or tape that's around the inside of the belt.

I will be modding that head somehow. That's the best of the faceplates but its still not very good. It needed a neutral open lipped Bale mouth, like the DX02 and EB 1/4.

:exactly: It would be nice if someone could sculpt an open-mouth faceplate for those that are buying. That's one of the main reasons I passed, the faceplates it does come with are awful.

Yeah, the box and insert is lame but who cares? Collectors aren't buying this for the box and the cheapo blue print.

It is like K-Mart's little exclusive for their Movie Masters though,

batthings.jpg

But Enterbay did the same crap with their little exclusive. Ripped right off of Mattel with the evidence bag,

0005258_batman_the_dark_knight_movie_masters_gotham_thug_.jpg

Well it's the lamest and cheapest (piece of paper) DX cover item I've seen. The Indy one was bad but at least it was bigger than this. :lol

The belts turned out exceptionally well.

They are quite similar to the EB 1/4 scale belts, that ring of fabric/foam keeps the pieces together if its the same as EB's, it looks to be.

Need more pics with the Wayne sculpt on!

You have one in hand?

No :lol I was just basing it off the in hand "reality" pics. I have the DX02...love it and with a little patience positioned it to reduce the gut...but DX12 seems to have corrected the issue. That is, of course, it doesn't start spewing oil in a few weeks.

think the new head needs the eyes Modded to give him that squint look .

Well it's the lamest and cheapest (piece of paper) DX cover item I've seen. The Indy one was bad but at least it was bigger than this. :lol

Why include it at all? I wasn't thrilled with the 89 Bats clear piece of plastic either...Sparrow flag by far the best thing done as a DX insert.
No it doesn't make or break the deal but at this kinda price you would hope HT gives you something extra cool (like a 1/6 leg brace or cane?)

Why include it at all? I wasn't thrilled with the 89 Bats clear piece of plastic either...Sparrow flag by far the best thing done as a DX insert.
No it doesn't make or break the deal but at this kinda price you would hope HT gives you something extra cool (like a 1/6 leg brace or cane?)

Bathrobe or NOTHIN! :mad:

Here are some ebay shots that show the constructions of the suit and boots if anyone was curious.

IMG_1114-horz.jpg

IMG_1112-horz.jpg

DSC_0579_9554cc.jpg

IMG_1076-horz.jpg

Back