Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tought I was bad for spending up to 10k on figures that meant nothing to me.

Spending $1,200 on a head that looks nothing like Heath is just incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like Ledger. If I were blind, I wouldn't be able to see these posts and reply.

I think Bobby Causey's 1:1 are pretty damn good. Those life size sculptures he makes are amazing, Jack Torrance and Christopher Lee especially. Don't even get me started about that custom built Batmobile. The 1/6 Joker heads though? Not so much. They look reptilian, crusty and mostly unfinished. I can see the masterful craftsmenship in his personal 1:1 art pieces, but not in these numbered Joker heads. Still he's the one laughing all the way to the bank considering he sold a handful for $1200. I don't know how he did it, but kudos to him.

:lol I posted essentially the same thing a few days ago.

That life size Alfred is incredible, so is the Tall Man bust. I like Bobbys life size Joker, but I never liked the 1/6 sculpt. I don't know if its the paint or what but the likeness is lacking. I've heard of what all goes into making it so I appreciate the craftsmanship and respect the guy, but I just think the sculpt is kinda ugly. No offense.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I will say the newer one looks a littler better, but just a little. The pic of the older one is the one I see all the time and I think it's hideous. No offense to the owner. I used to refer to them as Joker monsters. I think Difabio is on to something with the reptilian thing. :lol

@shhbane Just a friendly suggestion, you might want to start a Joker customs thread in the DC customs sub-forum. That way anyone can post their Joker customs without derailing a thread or in fear of the lynch mob. :lol

I think it's the expression that i don't like about the Bobby C head. He really looks like he's smelling Po oP . And that awkward head tilt . You can't achieve many looks with that neck like that . And the eyes always look the same direction. I honestly have never liked that sculpt and for the money people were dropping on it just made me :rotfl

I am quite happy with my repaint of my DX11 . This is the DX11 thread right?

35PkFzt.jpg

YukQ4Pi.jpg

8NxXKN2.jpg

sBqfeW5.jpg

0JNcQMi.jpg

wogLO3D.jpg

NX7aGVl.jpg

@shhbane Just a friendly suggestion, you might want to start a Joker customs thread in the DC customs sub-forum. That way anyone can post their Joker customs without derailing a thread or in fear of the lynch mob. :lol

Actually, the DC customs sub-forum was created specifically for/because of these BobbyC nuts, who keep rudely derailing threads with their own little $1000 projects, rather than starting their own threads.

I don't know why users like shhbane continue to violate the rules and standard internet etiquette by posting in the wrong threads - it shouldn't be a very difficult concept to grasp.

Actually, the DC customs sub-forum was created specifically for/because of these BobbyC nuts, who keep rudely derailing threads with their own little $1000 projects, rather than starting their own threads.

I don't know why users like shhbane continue to violate the rules and standard internet etiquette by posting in the wrong threads - it shouldn't be a very difficult concept to grasp.

I'm not violating any rules, the whole body of the figure is DX11, only the head is custom.
By your logic Mr. EcKo is also violating the rules by posting pics of his custom head.

I'm not violating any rules, the whole body of the figure is DX11, only the head is custom.
By your logic Mr. EcKo is also violating the rules by posting pics of his custom head.

That's a long bow you're drawing there :lol

Ecko was posting by way of comparison to the constant stream of BobbyC sculpt pics, which in themselves are all about the head.

image.jpg

If you take away the custom head, I see 99% DX11 here.
This is a dx11 thread. Indeed, I see dx11 table, chair, lamp, backdrop, two headsculpts...
Holy Hell...I dont think he is even using a full Kato outfit...but unless I'm wrong...I think that's a dx11 clothes and body.

Did he cross any line just cause he prefers a custom head over stock head?
Did people complain when people post their MRM cowl on the dx12 thread?
I've seen a couple of people use Modern Life Cavill on their Superman instead of the stock Head...should they
not be allowed to post that on the MOS thread?

If you look at the CUSTOM section right now, there's CREG's Joker, secret sculptor Joker, and I saw at least two other people that
sculpted their own...cause they prefer a different head other than the stock.
When CREG posted his custom head for the HULK that's gonna be for sale soon, anyone complained not to post pics on the HULK HT thead?

A lot of these people that complain here about this head popping up here, are mostly the same lynch mob that ARE causing this derailment.
You dont have to like it, but at the same token, it doesnt give you the right to tell someone not to share their figure...
Just cause you have thousands of posts doesnt mean This is YOUR Messageboard.
It doesnt give you the right to tell someone not to post their figure.
last time I checked, this is a forum to share your collection to fellow collectors.

Last edited:
Fair points Remy, but I only pop in here intermittently.. and every time I have of late I'm looking at a picture of a custom sculpt, and reading posts about custom artists. Say what you like about isolated incidents in other figure threads, but for this lurker the overwhelming flavour here is a custom thread.

Your posts haven't been about the body or the figure as a whole, they've been about the head. You know it, I know it, don't insult our intelligence by acting as if you're fooling anybody.

Mr. EcKo didn't post a custom head, what are you talking about?

If you take away the custom head, I see 99% DX11 here.

If you take away the custom head from ALL THE OTHER pictures, you're left with....nothing. If you're going to make an argument, make an honest one - don't cherry pick.

Did he cross any line just cause he prefers a custom head over stock head?

His preferences are irrelevant, he crossed the line by posting exclusively about his Non-DX11 head in a DX11 thread.

Incessantly.

For the past week.

Did people complain when people post their MRM cowl on the dx12 thread?
I've seen a couple of people use Modern Life Cavill on their Superman instead of the stock Head...should they
not be allowed to post that on the MOS thread?

I don't know, because I don't read those threads, and I don't see how it's relevant. Two wrongs (or three wrongs) don't make one right.

I come to this thread to read about DX11, so I expect to see the discussion about DX11. Just like if I went to the custom sub-forum and saw a thread about BobbyC Joker, I'd expect the discussion to be about BobbyC Joker.

If you look at the CUSTOM section right now, there's CREG's Joker, secret sculptor Joker, and I saw at least two other people that
sculpted their own...cause they prefer a different head other than the stock.

So if all of those people can follow forum rules and internet etiquette, why are BobbyC's people seemingly incapable of doing the same?

A lot of these people that complain here about this head popping up here, are mostly the same lynch mob that ARE causing this derailment.

No, the derailment was CAUSED by the posters (sshbane in this case) starting their discussion in the wrong forum.

I also don't understand this term "lynch mob." Why do you feel you are being persecuted, if you are indeed the one breaking the rules? It's like these BobbyC people ENJOY poking the coals and starting more drama...

You dont have to like it, but at the same token, it doesnt give you the right to tell someone not to share their figure...

I have the right to point out when people violate the rules, whether I like them or not.

I never said don't share the figure. I think he should share the figure in THE APPROPRIATE PLACE, which is not this thread.

Just cause you have thousands of posts doesnt mean This is YOUR Messageboard.

This is OUR message board. It's a community, and it works because we respect each other enough to follow the rules. That's true of EVERY message board, not just this one.

And if you followed any of my posts at all, you'd see that I'd be the LAST one to use a Post Count as some kind of argument or measuring stick. Not sure why you're so defensive on that point.

last time I checked, this is a forum to share your collection to fellow collectors.

You should check the thread title again. This isn't "Share your collection," it's "Hot Toys - MMS DX 11." sshbane is sharing neither a colleciton nor a Hot Toys MMS DX11.

Seriously, what the **** is your problem? Why is it so terrible for people to make threads about the topics they want, instead of derailing others? What is the great crime in being respectful enough NOT to derail threads?

I created this thread, maybe I should change the name of the title to "BobbyC Joker head" . . . .

Your posts haven't been about the body or the figure as a whole, they've been about the head. You know it, I know it, don't insult our intelligence by acting as if you're fooling anybody.

Mr. EcKo didn't post a custom head, what are you talking about?

If you take away the custom head from ALL THE OTHER pictures, you're left with....nothing. If you're going to make an argument, make an honest one - don't cherry pick.

His preferences are irrelevant, he crossed the line by posting exclusively about his Non-DX11 head in a DX11 thread.

Incessantly.

For the past week.

I don't know, because I don't read those threads, and I don't see how it's relevant. Two wrongs (or three wrongs) don't make one right.

I come to this thread to read about DX11, so I expect to see the discussion about DX11. Just like if I went to the custom sub-forum and saw a thread about BobbyC Joker, I'd expect the discussion to be about BobbyC Joker.

So if all of those people can follow forum rules and internet etiquette, why are BobbyC's people seemingly incapable of doing the same?

No, the derailment was CAUSED by the posters (sshbane in this case) starting their discussion in the wrong forum.

I also don't understand this term "lynch mob." Why do you feel you are being persecuted, if you are indeed the one breaking the rules? It's like these BobbyC people ENJOY poking the coals and starting more drama...

I have the right to point out when people violate the rules, whether I like them or not.

I never said don't share the figure. I think he should share the figure in THE APPROPRIATE PLACE, which is not this thread.

This is OUR message board. It's a community, and it works because we respect each other enough to follow the rules. That's true of EVERY message board, not just this one.

And if you followed any of my posts at all, you'd see that I'd be the LAST one to use a Post Count as some kind of argument or measuring stick. Not sure why you're so defensive on that point.

You should check the thread title again. This isn't "Share your collection," it's "Hot Toys - MMS DX 11." sshbane is sharing neither a colleciton nor a Hot Toys MMS DX11.

Seriously, what the **** is your problem? Why is it so terrible for people to make threads about the topics they want, instead of derailing others? What is the great crime in being respectful enough NOT to derail threads?

Good god, just quote my statement and then answer.
What is my problem? What is your problem?!!!
First of all, to reiterate what I said, why are There are double standards here?
It just seems like its fine when custom heads are posted everywhere, but not this one.
When people VIOLATE the forums by posting different heads, its completely fine.
But when this head is posted, you have the same group of people coming in and bashing it.
You said "OUR messageboard", guess what? That Includes him!

So unless mods are telling people to strictly post STOCK figures and no custom heads when posting here, You or not anyone else has a right
to tell this guy not to post here.

And dont make it seem like I'm the one getting persecuted, I have NEVER had any backlash when I posted mine.
In fact, All my experience have been positive. People have IM me or left positive posts.
But I feel this guy is getting bullied for posting his.
I've been meaning to post something since last night to defend this guy cause I see his enthusiasm...something
we are all entitled in this forum, and he is able to complete his figure and show it the community.
I refrained and DELETED what I was gonna post cause I have decided I dont want to get involve in this,
and that the main reason I come in this board, is to ENJOY my experience here.
I finally had enough when I log in later in the afternoon and people are still bashing the guy.
I say lynch mob cause its mostly the same group of people who chime in when they have a chance
to bash the head and constantly feel they beat someone down for having this custom.
They feel they are entitled to tell someone to leave a thread which they ARE cherry picking
cause anyone else post custom heads on a different figure is completely fine.

As I stated, go check the custom section and you're gonna find an overwhelming custom heads for their mass produced figures.
Why? Its because there's people that are not completely satisfied with their stock head, just like there's people
who are completely happy with a stock head.

I have refrained from posting since last night, but I really feel bad for Shhbane cause I feel he is getting
bullied out of this thread!!!

You know what, Remy? It seems like you're not even listening to what I'm saying or understanding, so let me be very clear. I have two things I'm trying to say:

-----------------------
First, to be clear, here is my problem:

Certain posters are posting things that are off-topic and starting fights (sshbane is the one who started it by posting off-topic, multiple times). These same posters have always done this. It's for this very reason that the DC Comics sub-forum was created - so that customizers and people with custom heads/figures could have a place to go and not interfere with others or be bullied.

I don't know how long you've been posting in the DC Comics forum, so you may not know this bit of SSF history. Now you do.
--------------------------

Second, I am not trying to "kick sshbane out" of this community or this forum.

I would like to see his posts. But I would like to see them in the RIGHT place, not the WRONG place.

This thread is the WRONG place for a custom like that. There's an entire DC Comics Custom Forum for that - his posts should be there. Posting his BobbyC pictures here is just as wrong as posting them in the Star Wars section.

And until he begins following the rules, he doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to being "bullied." As far as I'm concerned, if you insist on breaking the rules - over and over again - then you can't complain about how people treat you.

Does that make sense?

It's not like shhbane just posted them today and everyone went apeshit on him because of it. The past 4 pages (past 10 days) have been nothing about Hot Toys or the DX 11. It is inappropriate when you look back at the past pages. Then again, this has been going on forever. I guess atleast shhbane had the body and clothes of the DX 11. I remember when people would come into official threads discussing and posting pictures of nothing but 100%, outsourced custom, clothes and head, for months on end. :lol

Back