Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And semi-retirment still feels right.

You were on here so much - like literally you and Intothevoid dominated the entire DC section - and now both of you have disappeared.

It's interesting to see waves of people come and go. MaulFan and SnakeEater used to be two people constantly posting amoung others - now they've disappeared too - probably to some threads I have never been in.

Lol "retirement" from a web page. It's like you're having to control yourself posting on here.

i think it looks pretty great. you just need the right egg grenades.

: D

Thanks!:yess: I've been looking at Monkey Depot and other places for the right grenades. Evilbay has crazy prices, but the right ones are on there. I may have to resort to paying more than necessary for tiny pieces of plastic.

I am a fan of the Nolan Batman Trilogy movies, but never a collector of any movie memorabilia (including action figures). So naturally I have passed on any HT's related Dark Knight releases without a thought or regret. Here's my problem…..my last purchase was HT's DX T-800 from late last year. My future scheduled purchases "were" going to be Batman Returns Penguin and Keaton. We all know this will be a long time before we see "in hand" products. So now I am getting a HT's purchasing itch. Nothing on the current release items are interesting to me. Being bored my eye has started to look at the 2.0 Joker. And asking myself should I make the purchase or hold off (but how long) until Batman Returns and SS Darth Vader.

Honestly, it sounds like your heart really isn't in it, and you're just trying to find an excuse to burn some money.

These things cost too much to buy just because you're bored and haven't bought one in a while. You want my advice? Take the money you would have spent, and take your girlfriend out on a really nice date instead.

Finished with all the weathering...

imagebpp.jpg

Honestly, it sounds like your heart really isn't in it, and you're just trying to find an excuse to burn some money.

These things cost too much to buy just because you're bored and haven't bought one in a while. You want my advice? Take the money you would have spent, and take your girlfriend out on a really nice date instead.

No, he should buy it now, sit on it and sell it when the release he wants comes out and make a profit:wink1:

Just kidding:lol

That came out awesome brother

Thanks bro!

Fantastic!!! How did you do the shirt collar? Looks like chalk to me but I'm no expert.

Its acrylic white paint applied lightly with a sponge brush. Its meant to look like paint thats rubbed off his chin.

very nice!

Thanks!

**** man, you ruined it.
:slap

(only joking)

Thats not funny! :lol

Great job Jon!

Thanks Umair. :duff

Those of you who have DX01, does this look even remotely close to the grenade rig in terms of size and grenade placement? :pray: I know the top 4 grenades aren't accurate (or level right now), but I used what I had. So maybe give me feedback and tell me if there's anything I'm missing and crap like that. I'm waiting to see what you guys think before I glue on the straps.

b1649072ab64a703093c49d253b3e9e7_zps05308216.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I gotta say that looks pretty damn good.
I was toying with doing this since I never owned the other Jokers and would really like to do the "grenade pose" from time to time. After seeing your picture I think I may give it a try.

I gotta say that looks pretty damn good.
I was toying with doing this since I never owned the other Jokers and would really like to do the "grenade pose" from time to time. After seeing your picture I think I may give it a try.

Thanks! :hi5: I picked up the fabric and thread from Hobby Lobby and I just ordered the right grenades from Monkey Depot. I had the V1 Joker with the BR head, but I missed out on DX01. I'll try to take progress pictures incase anyone else is interested.

Those of you who have DX01, does this look even remotely close to the grenade rig in terms of size and grenade placement? :pray: I know the top 4 grenades aren't accurate (or level right now), but I used what I had. So maybe give me feedback and tell me if there's anything I'm missing and crap like that. I'm waiting to see what you guys think before I glue on the straps.

b1649072ab64a703093c49d253b3e9e7_zps05308216.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's a pic of my DX01 rig

grenades_zps33d17555.jpg

Back