Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, if mine would turn out as nice as Rory's, I'd consider ironing it. I don't like how bulgy my coat is around the neck, lapels and shoulders.

I'd be worried about ruining it though, especially after reading the instructions and seeing first hand how soft and thin the coat is. I dunno.

Did you use one of these mini irons Rory? Did you only press it for a few seconds?

bgurmemkkgrhqehdkesltky.jpg

No, I used a regular steam iron, as long as you don't touch the iron off of the buttons or coat it's fine, just iron through a white piece of cotton or fabric and steam the hell out of it. That way you won't melt anything. Pinch the shoulder seams with your fingers while steaming it to sharpen the corners.

Yeah, the instructions warn against ironing it. I'd definitely use a layer of fabric in between the coat and the actual iron, as a buffer, if you're going to risk it.

Used Rory's tips and ironed out the creases I had on the overcoat. Not too bad - just had to take my time. I used a pretty low heat setting and it was enough to get what I wanted. The tricky part is getting everything aligned while avoiding direct contact with the coat fabric and plastic buttons. One thing to be aware of is that there's a fairly good chance that the tiny lapel magnets will fall off from the heat and friction. I lost one of them sometime in this process. Doing a water treatment with hot water might be good enough to get your coat looking smoother and sharper if you don't want to mess around with an iron.

Thanks guys. Spent way too much time indulging my OCD over where each figure should go, the lighting, etc. etc. in the past week. :lol

Just touched up the paint on the laughing sculpt. Very subtle, I just enhanced the white and black paint to get rid of some of the gloss and give it more contrast. Especially around the eyes...the gloss paint applied over the entire eyelid made it all blend together, so I used matte paint on the eyelids and left the gloss inside so it would look like there's an eye somewhere in there. Hopefully the pictures show what I'm talking about.
[/URL]
VERY nice touchups to both. Great work mate :clap

Thanks man, I appreciate it. The paint on both is already so good that it takes VERY minimal effort to repaint them the way I did.

Just finished a wee bit 'o weathering on my spare coat. Not too experienced with the whole weathering thing, but I like that it looks at least somewhat grungy compared to my pristine one. With and without HDR below. Still doesn't show up well in pics.

The regular DX11 reached our shores earlier than expected! I'm happy to have my first Ledger Joker, and fortunately I paid in full in advance, since those who only paid deposits got refunds instead due to the cut off from Hot Toys (damn HT). This is how he sits on my shelf right now.

The regular DX11 reached our shores earlier than expected! I'm happy to have my first Ledger Joker, and fortunately I paid in full in advance, since those who only paid deposits got refunds instead due to the cut off from Hot Toys (damn HT). This is how he sits on my shelf right now.

Cut off from HT? How come i never heard of such thing?

Are you certain that thats a fact and not the dealer trying to cancel their POs and try to sell them at a much higher prices at the secondary matket price now?

Cut off from HT? How come i never heard of such thing?

Are you certain that thats a fact and not the dealer trying to cancel their POs and try to sell them at a much higher prices at the secondary matket price now?

Yeah, there was a cut off and I think it also happened in some regions. There are two dealers here in Manila that HT and Sideshow acknowledge as the official distributors of HT, one of them is the store where I got my DX 11. They would normally sell extras of figures at a mark up, but not a mark up as bad as what we see on ebay. Lately, though, there really are no extras, as some people would end up not getting their POs even. Prioritized are those who paid in full, and those who PO'd early. It was also nice of those who POd multiples to give way.

The store is obviously having an unhealthy competition with THE other official distributor, and they're saying that this other store must be doing something fishy. What's intriguing is that other store posted additional PO slots for THE EXACT FIGURES that were said to be cut off in quantity on the other. The store owner posted an announcement as early as Septmeber 2012 regarding this, citing DX 12, Thor, DX 11, Captain America, Hulk, Widow, and IM Mark VII as the figures most likely affected, even posting the email HT sent him. :dunno

Aside from most of SS' Joe line which is displayed elsewhere and a set of SS' Jason figures, yeah. This is the extent of my high-end 1/6 stuff. I used to have triple the amount but found myself wondering why the hell I needed 3-4 versions of every character. So I just decided to keep and buy only what I really wanted.

Still, it's a great collection.

yes, it irons very well. PM answered...

1-94.jpg

Sharp!

Just a little fun. Some comparison shots. Changed the DXs vest to a Kato vest. Looks off to me.

Imaresqd1/Kato Joker(left) Hot Toys DX11 Joker 2.0(left)
IMG_1382_zps1cb06f27.jpg

Neat to see these side by side - thanks Hector.

The shirt collar on the Kato joker looks crisper and neater, but not by much. Weathering the overcoat really helps, can't wait to try it on my spare DX 12 coat. Comparing the headsculpts, it's interesting to note the difference in the receding hairline, and the overall shape difference of the heads.

All and all, I think the DX 12 does stand up very well to your other-worldly custom.

Great comparo and awesome figures. Looks superb

Wow that custom is SPOT on holy ****! Is he/she still making those? Nice pics yo.

Thanks fellas! :hi5:

Neat to see these side by side - thanks Hector.

The shirt collar on the Kato joker looks crisper and neater, but not by much. Weathering the overcoat really helps, can't wait to try it on my spare DX 12 coat. Comparing the headsculpts, it's interesting to note the difference in the receding hairline, and the overall shape difference of the heads.

All and all, I think the DX 12 does stand up very well to your other-worldly custom.

Thanks Chris! Yes I agree, the DX12 holds up pretty damn well. :exactly:
Sculpts may not be up there with Adam's but they're still great and so much fun. :)
With some weathering to the coat, dying the blazer, some ironing, and some kick *** futzing, this figure is just amazing.

These are great Crow. Very nice weathering. :hi5:

Thanks fellas! :hi5:

Thanks Chris! Yes I agree, the DX12 holds up pretty damn well. :exactly:
Sculpts may not be up there with Adam's but they're still great and so much fun. :)
With some weathering to the coat, dying the blazer, some ironing, and some kick *** futzing, this figure is just amazing.

These are great Crow. Very nice weathering. :hi5:

Thanks a lot. Still have a little more to do...getting the paint on there without altering the texture of the soft fabric is a little tough. Going to use some white to lighten the areas with the heaviest weathering once I'm off work.

The fourth generation is achieved with the joker 2.0 and still does not seem enough to say WoW.

It is a good representation of the joker but not the actor.

Similarity Heat Ledger still imperfect

Next joker 3.0?

It is my time to abandon this HOBBY

Prices rises, and I have not seen anything equal to my first figure JACK SPARROW DX

Goodbye ........"

jokercomparacion.jpg

hottoysdxjacksparrowfin.jpg

Last edited:
Back