Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doll economics discussion here when it's occupying two threads already? FFS. BR v2.0 is a rip off for everyone other than fanboys, however you frame it.

Agreed. I'm glad I won mine. Freezy weezy. About the only way I was gonna get it....

That is definitely a great deal, congrats :) I'd have even paid for it. Just not more than a couple hundred bucks.

If it's too expensive for you-don't buy it. It's the same as buying a house or a car, you get what you can afford.
You want to drive a Mercedes? Save for it? Or get a better qualified and a better job so you can.
Don't cry about people that can afford it.
This is a elitist hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is definitely a great deal, congrats :) I'd have even paid for it. Just not more than a couple hundred bucks.

The first one cost $120 back then.......I really don't see where this extra money we have to pay goes as far as an "updated 2.0" is concerned.
The BR 2.0 goes for as much as the DX11, but yet comes with waaaaay less. So now, when HT does a 3.0 of the overcoat Joker, they will feel justified to charge $400 this go around, and everybody will say it's okay.

If it's too expensive for you-don't buy it. It's the same as buying a house or a car, you get what you can afford.
You want to drive a Mercedes? Save for it? Or get a better qualified and a better job so you can.
This is a elitist hobby

Not to pick on you, but why do you keep belaboring this point? If this came with a brand new, killer sculpt, a removable mask and some new extras, MAYBE people would be willing to pay the close to $300 for it.

But the perception among many was that HT lazed/cheaped out. That it wasn't WORTH the asking price. :huh If this was priced at $230 or so, it probably wouldn't have gotten the same backlash.

The first one cost $120 back then.......I really don't see where this extra money we have to pay goes as far as an "updated 2.0" is concerned.
The BR 2.0 goes for as much as the DX11, but yet comes with waaaaay less. So now, when HT does a 3.0 of the overcoat Joker, they will feel justified to charge $400 this go around, and everybody will say it's okay.

No but when people do buy it, you will be the one moaning on the intern that you couldn't afford it

Not to pick on you, but why do you keep reiterating this point? If this came with a killer sculpt, a removable mask and some new extras, MAYBE people would be willing to pay the close to $300 for it. But the perception among many was that HT lazed/cheaped out. That it wasn't WORTH the asking price. :huh

It did come with new extras, new sculpt x 2 and completely new tailoring.
I know you ain't picking on me but its a figure worth having in hand and most don't.
But you all still talk about it like you do?

This is a elitist hobby

You're missing the point there, young gun.

...and that's exactly the point. Generally speaking, collectors don't like to see cynical releases whether they can afford it or not.

It did come with new extras, new sculpt x 2 and completely new tailoring.
I know you ain't picking on me but its a figure worth having in hand and most don't.
But you all still talk about it like you do?

Wasn't the clean HS a repaint? And the masked head was one sculpted piece? And that despite the better tailoring, there were still inaccuracies in color, such as the shirt?

And maybe most people don't have it in hand because they don't want one? At least not at the current price? :dunno

If you really love the BRJ 2.0, that's great, good for you. But if everyone else is staying away from it, maybe they know something you don't? Or at the very least, they have their reasons? And I wouldn't claim that it's better than the DX11. At least not with a straight face.

But to each his own, I guess. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.

It's the best fabric fitted figure hot toys have ever done-it ****s all over the bruce Wayne? Alfred & tony stark. It's not just a repaint.
Did you have the original bank robber joker?
I did and it's definitely the best Heath scuplt they have done or anyone for that matter and they improved it!
I'm glad I'm in the minority that owns it

If you really love the BRJ 2.0, that's great, good for you. But if everyone else is staying away from it, maybe they know something you don't? Or at the very least, they have their reasons? And I wouldn't claim that it's better than the DX11. At least not with a straight face.

But to each his own, I guess. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.

Yeah stick to your dx 11 complete with bathrobe for a
Jacket & awful headsculpts that you know annoys you until 3.0 comes out and you will sell it and get another.
And then praise it?

I don't own any Jokers actually. I'm waiting for Purple Joker 3.0. But if I wanted to pay aftermarket prices, I'd go with DX11. Then DX01. Then BRJ 1.0. BRJ 2.0 doesn't make the list. Sorry! :wave

Just did a repaint on my DX11 Headsculpt on my 2nd one. Painted it up like the EB head. Watcha guys think?
70da8b88f116130c7d167606e754ee7f.jpg
7fd0b84816fe599b2461252396ff7dfe.jpg
91f1a8b88d0c78c73580e15dff4b7da4.jpg

Back