Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I just made a really ****ty mistake. I got the DX11 shoes and socks for my DX01 but according to many people the shoes can't attach to the DX01. Is that correct?

I think I just made a really ****ty mistake. I got the DX11 shoes and socks for my DX01 but according to many people the shoes can't attach to the DX01. Is that correct?

Yeah, I think the DX11 shoes were unique in that it's specifically only suited for the DX11 body. Back then I was gonna do a similar thing you're doing right now but ended up re-working my plan for a custom Joker since I heard that the DX11 shoes needed to be modded just to fit a normal body (needless to say I didn't end up buying the shoes of course).

Last edited:
From what I gathered I have three options here, all of them already sound super sucky. Anyway.

1) I use a hair dryer to soften up the plastic in the shoes and force the DX01 pegs into the shoes

or

2) I drill (yes, ****ing DRILL!??) a hole in the shoes to make the holes bigger for whatever the hell you want to put in there.

or finally

3) I dip it in boiling water for 5 to 10 seconds to achieve the same effect as 1.

Sigh....this feels needlessly complicated. I guess I need to take a good look at them when they get here and decide what I want to do. It would be such a waste if I won't be able to use them. Ughgughgughughg.....

Well, I got my DX11 head in today, looks fantastic! Definitely an improvement over the DX01 head.

XQ9f05d.jpg

That coat is still a nightmare to futz properly, so the DX11 coat is also on the way. I guess it'll be my DX01/DX11 hybrid (I also really need better lighting in that showcase closet).

More important than the Joker parts...get rid of that halogen light...like now!

LED all the way.

More important than the Joker parts...get rid of that halogen light...like now!

LED all the way.

I know! I really need to get on that, it also seems to just be way too hot. Look at Batman's name plate on his base, it's actually starting to bend off because of the heat. So I usually have it off now and just use the room's light atm.

Any tips as to which LED's I should get? Are strips any good? Or just one giant light? The problem with one light is that it usually get's a lot less effect on the lower shelves. SO MANY THOUGHTS.

I know! I really need to get on that, it also seems to just be way too hot. Look at Batman's name plate on his base, it's actually starting to bend off because of the heat. So I usually have it off now and just use the room's light atm.

Any tips as to which LED's I should get? Are strips any good? Or just one giant light? The problem with one light is that it usually get's a lot less effect on the lower shelves. SO MANY THOUGHTS.

I'd say grab the IKEA Dioder strips (set of 4 with wires, etc.), they use low power, have no heat and won't fade delicate fabrics.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Controller-2034RGB-3315-3215/dp/B0040FJ27S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386881387&sr=8-2&keywords=led+strip[/ame]

This is what I use, a lot cheaper than the ikea one, and actually has more lights.

From what I gathered I have three options here, all of them already sound super sucky. Anyway.

1) I use a hair dryer to soften up the plastic in the shoes and force the DX01 pegs into the shoes

or

2) I drill (yes, ****ing DRILL!??) a hole in the shoes to make the holes bigger for whatever the hell you want to put in there.

or finally

3) I dip it in boiling water for 5 to 10 seconds to achieve the same effect as 1.

Sigh....this feels needlessly complicated. I guess I need to take a good look at them when they get here and decide what I want to do. It would be such a waste if I won't be able to use them. Ughgughgughughg.....

1 sounds like the best and easiest plan honestly (I've had good experience using the hair dryer more than I have with the boiling water trick). Just make sure the foot is thoroughly heated (usually I go for around 2 minutes) so that it's flexible enough work to with so you can easily force it into the DX01 pegs. Afterwards, just dunk into some cold water and it should stay in shape.

The DX11 shoes are partially made of fabric though right? I'm always a bit nervous about putting stuff in water. Could the shoes even move though when using the DX01 pegs? I imagine it being a super tight fit when the plastic becomes hard again.

Guys, what's the best way to set up the LED strips for your detolf?

One to the front and one to the back or one left and one right?

There we go, much better ;)

Still need to add some more tie-rips but overall I'm quite please with it.
86yHJG1.jpg

Iv4bQdh.jpg

Df1kPRD.jpg

Bonus Batman shot.
lJI9RDp.jpg

Getting some new Joker stuff in the coming weeks. Can't wait to see it all. I now realize how much I've missed this stuff without even knowing. Indeed, LED's ALL THE WAY!

This is my second DX purchase, I loved the prototype (even if I wasn't satisfied with the jaw of the serious sculpt), but the final product lost its great quality... This is a very beatiful figure but the serious sculpt isn't so great, I see more resemblance in the Bank Robber... I love the smiling one, that's one of my favourite sculpts, I even prefer it to Adam's original laughing sculpt. I'm just disappointed with the coat, it is too furry, more than Kato's original one, and the sewing isn't as fine as on the other clothes... Anyway this figure, with the laughing sculpt, the interrogation room diorama and a good light really looks out of the movie!

Back