Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to check this guy out pretty thoroughly. RI-DIC-U-LOUS!

No QC issues that are jumping right out at me (yet). Sculpt is the best so far; I like the regular sculpt a little better than the laughing sculpt.

The body is rock solid, clothes are awesome (so far; I didn't remove any layers yet) and accessories are sick. The backdrop is sturdier than I thought it would be and the desk and chair are pretty solid too.

Even the PERS are pretty damn great on this one!!

All around dope set :rock

Yea the flap being on the outside was my main concern. I've seen situations where the shippers were pretty beat up and the color box comes out smelling like roses. That outer flap was bent in a way that seems like someone pulled it out :mad:. There's really no other way for the flap to get out like that.

Yeah that is what I was thinking exactly. :(

I finally got to check this guy out pretty thoroughly. RI-DIC-U-LOUS!

No QC issues that are jumping right out at me (yet). Sculpt is the best so far; I like the regular sculpt a little better than the laughing sculpt.

The body is rock solid, clothes are awesome (so far; I didn't remove any layers yet) and accessories are sick. The backdrop is sturdier than I thought it would be and the desk and chair are pretty solid too.

Even the PERS are pretty damn great on this one!!

All around dope set :rock

Glad to see everything turned out alright, I am a little confused though, I thought you had this already going by this post of yours below? :confused:

Just popped him open. Siiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!!!

No time to play with my new toy tonight though :impatient:

EDIT: scratch what I said about the magnets if you guys are talking about the coat :lol. I thought we were talking about the ones inside the head.

Speaking of the head, this is the best effort in concealing the seams that I've seen so far :clap

I'm thinking of getting a second coat once they're plenty in stock and make a grenade rig inside it. What's a good place to stock up on some grenades?

Yeah that is what I was thinking exactly. :(

Glad to see everything turned out alright, I am a little confused though, I thought you had this already going by this post of yours below? :confused:

Yea the flap being on the outside was my main concern. I've seen situations where the shippers were pretty beat up and the color box comes out smelling like roses. That outer flap was bent in a way that seems like someone pulled it out :mad:. There's really no other way for the flap to get out like that.

It's my second set anyway so even if the box is a little banged up it's not the end of the world; as long as what's inside is all good.

I have two. My buddy wasn't grabbing this so he got me one (the first one I received). The one that showed up half opened was the one that I ordered to my house.

I only opened the first one I received so far. I didn't check this one in the beat up shipper so I really don't know what's going on in there yet

I'm thinking of getting a second coat once they're plenty in stock and make a grenade rig inside it. What's a good place to stock up on some grenades?

U don't just need the grenades u need the safety pins to. Well... actually don't need them per se but if u want it to be screen accurate you need them.

The grenades for the DX01 come with the strings attached to them. So if you got the grenades from lets say the Bank Robber Joker set(wrong type of grenades), you would need to get some strings and glue them on your self. Personally, I think that is too much trouble, hopefully a fellow freak can help you out here. Otherwise have to keep checking ebay for them.

Or you could wait to see if or when that toyzone company will recast them.

Anyway good luck! :wink1:

I have two. My buddy wasn't grabbing this so he got me one (the first one I received). The one that showed up half opened was the one that I ordered to my house.

I only opened the first one I received so far. I didn't check this one in the beat up shipper so I really don't know what's going on in there yet

Oh ok I see now thanks for clarifying.

Going by your last post it sounded like u were implying that you were pleased that there was nothing wrong with the figure after opening the shipping box despite the condition the box was in. So you were just checking out your first figure again but spending more time checking it out this time to make sure there was nothing wrong with it right? :dunno

Oh ok I see now thanks for clarifying.

Going by your last post it sounded like u were implying that you were pleased that there was nothing wrong with the figure after opening the shipping box despite the condition the box was in. So you were just checking out your first figure again but spending more time checking it out this time to make sure there was nothing wrong with it right? :dunno

Yea I got to dig to the first one I received and spent a good time looking it over yesterday. Really lovin' it to death! I still can't bring myself to sell my DX01. I think I'm going to get it repainted though

To further clarify the beat box that I just posted is still sealed. When it showed up like that I was fuming so I kind of put it to the side. I didn't feel like dealing with whatever mess is possibly going on inside. I'll have to pop it open today though because if there is a problem I can't sleep on it for too long; I'll have to tell SS ASAP

WTF is one to do when the UPS guy shows up with a box that looks like this?

DSC01721_zps2fc46ae8.jpg

DSC01720_zpsc00589a7.jpg

DSC01719_zps19edcbe1.jpg

I'll can't understand how this happens. My shipments have never been damaged.

WTF is one to do when the UPS guy shows up with a box that looks like this?

DSC01721_zps2fc46ae8.jpg

DSC01720_zpsc00589a7.jpg

DSC01719_zps19edcbe1.jpg

I am sorry for you.. but for any my shipping I ask the brown box (ht, eb ) has to be perfect in the delivery moment, so i asked a double box cover for any my shipping...:dunno
I collect the brown box too...:lol
after my request If I had had a delivery like that I would have opened a paypal claim for sure...

Last edited:
U don't just need the grenades u need the safety pins to. Well... actually don't need them per se but if u want it to be screen accurate you need them.

The grenades for the DX01 come with the strings attached to them. So if you got the grenades from lets say the Bank Robber Joker set(wrong type of grenades), you would need to get some strings and glue them on your self. Personally, I think that is too much trouble, hopefully a fellow freak can help you out here. Otherwise have to keep checking ebay for them.

Or you could wait to see if or when that toyzone company will recast them.

Anyway good luck! :wink1:

Found War-Toys online. They have a wide range of grenades for only a few dollars. Think I'll pick a few of those rather than the official rig which last I saw, went out for nearly 50 dollars without a coat.
I'm not so worried about not getting 100% screen accurate. I can probably fake those safety pins with some bend metal wire. My mother loves to knit so won't be hard to find a suitable string.

And buying a DX01 for just that seems a little bit crazy. :monkey1 Anyone tried putting on the DX01 coat over the DX11 clothing? Can't say I'm not a little bit interested to see that though!

Anybody know the guy who sells all the stand labels and logos on here? Corrose or something.

Found War-Toys online. They have a wide range of grenades for only a few dollars. Think I'll pick a few of those rather than the official rig which last I saw, went out for nearly 50 dollars without a coat.
I'm not so worried about not getting 100% screen accurate. I can probably fake those safety pins with some bend metal wire. My mother loves to knit so won't be hard to find a suitable string.

And buying a DX01 for just that seems a little bit crazy. :monkey1 Anyone tried putting on the DX01 coat over the DX11 clothing? Can't say I'm not a little bit interested to see that though!

I made a grenade rig with the patch a ways back before I bought the DX01. I can be done. In fact I believe I bought the grenade from War Toys. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone tried putting on the DX01 coat over the DX11 clothing? Can't say I'm not a little bit interested to see that though!

sorry for the crap iPad picture, but it was the best i could do at the moment. the coat will fit without the inner jacket, but he wouldn't stand to wait for a better picture because he didn't like it much.

that's his: "what the hell get me outta this rig" look.

jokerdx01coat1.jpg

actually he looks fine in the dx01 coat. and i admit the sleeves are better on it than the 2.0 (the flare), so i am glad i have both for whatever suits the mood.

Anybody know the guy who sells all the stand labels and logos on here? Corrose or something.

Yup Corrose & Evilface both do labels. Evilface has been doing it for a lot longer. That's his main gig as far as customizing and he's branded himself here thru his great work. Corrose is a jack of more trades as far as customizing but he started doing labels recently as well and does a damn good job

Back