Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what it is but there is something I really don't like about those repaints. Yes - the paintwork is incredible and whoever did them is very talented; but they seem to lack realism - they look more like comic strip characters than real people.

I actually touched up the eyes myself a little because of that. Still, everything else is done by him. It's a work of art.

My DX 01 Joker arrived! A grail piece for me, been wanting it since release day and never had money to get it. It's freakish how much it looks like a mini-Ledger :panic:
I absolutely love it, can't stop staring at it in awe :lol

33fdjsp.jpg

MOD THAT CARD HAND! :lol

I think SS paint work is fantastic but very, very illustrative. It doesn't have any photographic realism to it. But it's very well done and highly stylised. Just a question if it's your cup of tea or not. It's not to my personal tastes.
But beautiful work none the less.

You hit it on the head Rory. You said it better than I did actually. I love looking at his stuff. It pops. Just doesn't fit with my collection. Almost wish I had something for him to paint that I thought would benefit from style.

I actually touched up the eyes myself a little because of that. Still, everything else is done by him. It's a work of art.

I gave him some stills to work with. Gave him 3 ones so he could see just how I wanted him paintwise. He nailed it.

Yeah, that thing is awesome. Love what you did with the hand too.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

It depends how your present it, and shoot it too. These first two pics are the most favourite pics I've ever taken of any Joker figure.

I regret selling my Small Studios Joker repaint. If Josh only nailed one character, it was Jokes.

No, I agree with you. It wouldn't fit with my collection either and I don't think I'd commission him for anything but I think his paints have a beauty to them.

Its just that everyone wants "realistic" nowadays.

I think Ski is my " go to" painter.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I think SS paint work is fantastic but very, very illustrative. It doesn't have any photographic realism to it. But it's very well done and highly stylised. Just a question if it's your cup of tea or not. It's not to my personal tastes.
But beautiful work none the less.

Agreed :goodpost:

Hi,
It's my first time on the fourms, so be gentle. I just wanted to ask if I could use the first version Hot Toys Joker body for the DX 01 Police joker?

Hi,
It's my first time on the fourms, so be gentle. I just wanted to ask if I could use the first version Hot Toys Joker body for the DX 01 Police joker?

I'm sure there are other experienced members here who can answer your question better than I can, but I don't think you'd have any problems doing that.

Thanks,
I wasn't sure if I should sell it or just use the body. Those True Type bodys can be really exspensive. I bought the Ver.1 Joker for $100.00 just a few weeks ago. Then got a deal on a NIBS Joker DX 01 & had to get it.

Yeah, if you want to go to the trouble, in the long run, it might pay to swap bodies on both Jokers.

So use the v1 body for the DX01 clown outfit, and use the DX01 body (narrow-shoulders) with the cop outfit.

Yeah, if you want to go to the trouble, in the long run, it might pay to swap bodies on both Jokers.

So use the v1 body for the DX01 clown outfit, and use the DX01 body (narrow-shoulders) with the cop outfit.

This is what you want to do. It's what I did and my Joker looked fine.

Back