Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small studios? Is this a guy who takes commissions?

Yeah. He has a style all his own. Beautiful paints though. Check it out.

2ja8f7.png

2mqopjt.png

2.png

r7r56x.png

2qiraco.png

Last edited:
I don't know what it is but there is something I really don't like about those repaints. Yes - the paintwork is incredible and whoever did them is very talented; but they seem to lack realism - they look more like comic strip characters than real people.

I don't know what it is but there is something I really don't like about those repaints. Yes - the paintwork is incredible and whoever did them is very talented; but they seem to lack realism - they look more like comic strip characters than real people.

Exactly. That's what I mean about his own style. Ultra realistic isn't his thing. But I think they have a certain beauty to them. That Obi Wan is great.

Exactly. That's what I mean about his own style. Ultra realistic isn't his thing. But I think they have a certain beauty to them. That Obi Wan is great.

Agreed.

My Nurse Joker is a SS repaint that a bought from another member, personally don't think it fits in with the rest of my collection with its style.

What I don't like about his painting is the eyes. He makes them super bright, as if there's a little spotlight light shining on them (like in old black and white movies).

The PERS Joker paintjob you posted was pretty good. Maybe because it's PERS and so he couldn't paint the eyes...

You're judging something on the type of lighting thats used. There's a strong light bouncing off the sculpt and the white backdrop creates more of it. You're not really seeing it in natural lighting.

Agreed.

My Nurse Joker is a SS repaint that a bought from another member, personally don't think it fits in with the rest of my collection with its style.

No, I agree with you. It wouldn't fit with my collection either and I don't think I'd commission him for anything but I think his paints have a beauty to them.

Its just that everyone wants "realistic" nowadays.

I think Ski is my " go to" painter.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

My DX 01 Joker arrived! A grail piece for me, been wanting it since release day and never had money to get it. It's freakish how much it looks like a mini-Ledger :panic:
I absolutely love it, can't stop staring at it in awe :lol

33fdjsp.jpg

My DX 01 Joker arrived! A grail piece for me, been wanting it since release day and never had money to get it. It's freakish how much it looks like a mini-Ledger :panic:
I absolutely love it, can't stop staring at it in awe :lol

33fdjsp.jpg

Congrats.. One of the best piece from HT.

Yeah, not a fan of his style.

Yeah, the museum Jack is crazy good.
I think SS paint work is fantastic but very, very illustrative. It doesn't have any photographic realism to it. But it's very well done and highly stylised. Just a question if it's your cup of tea or not. It's not to my personal tastes.
But beautiful work none the less.

Back