Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the base as well. I'd imagine it was designed to be used for various DX line figures, they just swap out the top plate for each. That way they all look consistent.

My question seems to have been forgotten:

Can anyone list the shops which will get the HT version which comes earlier???

The base does look nice. The whole set up almost warrants it's own shelf space. Especially since none of the other figure bases in the line are the same...but that's just me. I'm a sucker for uniformity when it comes to the bases.

My question seems to have been forgotten:

Can anyone list the shops which will get the HT version which comes earlier???

Mista305 (Joe on these boards) is getting the fig (est. July release) or ebay. I am sure other company's may get them sooner too but I do not know anyone beyond the two stated above.

I kinda like the stand. It is unique, but unobtrusive ... i.e. it looks good, but it won't draw attention away from the figure.

I'm not sure what people expected from a display stand. A flaming pile of cash does not sound like a particularly realistic expectation from the description "Deluxe figure stand with LED lights". I figured it might have a light-up bat or something -- nothing spectacular. Certainly not simulated flames.

SnakeDoc

I don't mind the base. The grate represents the enviornment of the mob meeting just fine. He's in front of nothing but stainless steel in the mob scene in a very industrial kitchen and if you display the cop it could pass for something similiar to a street grate so it works for both figures and probably will reflect the light much better than having something sculpted.

I agree, I hope there will still be truetype bodies available when this is out. I want to display both.

iunno.. I think the base looks classy and imo it'll fit in better with the standard black stands more than one of those dio stands like Cleaner Kit Wolf or P1 come with would. Those things remind me of McFarlane Toy stands. :lol

I'm not digging the stand. It seems unnecessarily large and the metal grate look seems out of place with the joker. It is a nice stand overall, but I just feel it would be better suited for a larger figure.

I like the stand. It reminds me of the displays they did for the real life costumes.

Well it should, because it's modeled after those stands. Right down to the lights.

2698097029_28d034e6a1_b.jpg

20090402_2f621e21cd4c8c9792b2Fuipb6WkrxH6.jpg

Back