Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is it safe to preorder this guy at some onlineshop even though the haven't updated their info yet about the 2nd head and clothes? Or are there maybe two versions going to be released?

Pretty cool stuff... but I don't really see the huge coat improvement. The inside is still red not orange. I guess you guys like the weathering.

Since the sculpt is so close to the BR and the outfit is essentially the same as the v1, I don't see a reason for anyone to have to upgrade to this Joker... EXCEPT for the moveable eyes.

...and jacket tail.

I'll buy the New Head with Moveable Eyes on Ebay... There is nothing else in that Package that I need.

I already have the V1 and Bank Robber Jokers. I have the perfect Billy B tie and Shirt.

Like I said, only thing in here I care about is the Head with the Moving Eyes... I'll get it on Ebay from Japan when this is released.

So, is it safe to preorder this guy at some onlineshop even though the haven't updated their info yet about the 2nd head and clothes? Or are there maybe two versions going to be released?

I have the same question.

Well...Hmm. I want to get this, and I'm pretty sure I will get this. However, I still don't have my V1 Joker yet thanks to DC Direct not having enough to fill their orders. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just cancel that and use the money to get this. Thing is, I want to wait for the DC Direct shipment so I can get the awesome discount at DCBS but I'm not sure there will even be a DC Direct shipment. Anyone have any information on whether DCD will be importing this?

Pretty cool stuff... but I don't really see the huge coat improvement. The inside is still red not orange. I guess you guys like the weathering.

Since the sculpt is so close to the BR and the outfit is essentially the same as the v1, I don't see a reason for anyone to have to upgrade to this Joker... EXCEPT for the moveable eyes.

But for those who wanted an Interrogation Joker, this solves that probelm.

- It certainly looks to be a much better fit, both the coat and the jacket under it
- It's weathered like the movie
- the lapels sit lower than the v1
- It's PURPLE and not PURPLE BLACK

And that's just the coat.

The headsculpt obviously is improved, not only the moveable eyes, but the hair sculpt is more accurate, with thinner looking hair.

The chain is corrected.

There are suspenders that were not there before

The shoes are weathered

The tie appears slightly better although I will stick to my BillyB tie and shirt probably.

I think there's plenty of must have aspects - and the display remains unknown...

I just noticed something, the police head doesnt seem to have the movable eyes...

I hope I'm wrong...

nope that is looking and sounding correct. it seems only the purple suit joker head, has the moveable eyes. like i said before, this is more ANOTHER joker release, with the police joker just thrown in as a bonus. Look how much more regular joker stuff is in there, compared to the police gear. After this, it seems odd why they ever marketed it as a police joker in the first place. It's Mob Meeting scene joker with the Police scene as an added extra imho
I would love to see a photoshoot comparison from HT of this next to an original V1/BR head combo, to show the differences.

Last edited:
nope that is looking and sounding correct. it seems only the purple suit joker head, has the moveable eyes. like i said before, this is more ANOTHER joker release, with the police joker just thrown in as a bonus. Look how much more regular joker stuff is in there, compared to the police gear.
I would love to see a photoshoot comparison from HT of this next to an original V1/BR head combo, to show the differences.

that sucks....why can't they do the movable eyes for both head sculpts?
Most probably, after a few months you will hear news of a 4th version with a improved cop joker sculpt with movable eyes & a nurse joker....

I like the idea of moveable eyes. But if this is a 'deluxe' figure, why didn't they upgrade all the clothing? I only see improvement in the purple coat.

wow.... ver.1 joker owners = PWNED...

off to the comerce section, FS: VER.1 JOKER EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE HEAD.
:lol:lol Yeah no kidding, I'm elated that I have yet to even purchase a Joker
yet, now with this release I can avoid getting ver.1 and ver.2 all for just one
head sculpt. Buying this one and BR Joker would suffice.

- It certainly looks to be a much better fit, both the coat and the jacket under it
- It's weathered like the movie
- the lapels sit lower than the v1
- It's PURPLE and not PURPLE BLACK

And that's just the coat....

I don't see the jacket fitting or looking any different -- and its still gray. I DO see that the coat is larger and fits looser, but I don't see that the lapels are adjusted or that the lining -- the biggest gripe -- has been fixed to burnt orange. It's weathered, sure that's nice, but I'm just saying that it's not a must-have redo. For me anyway. I got one of those V1 coats that actually looks purple rather than black, so there's less incentive for me. Now if they fixed the lining....

I do like the suspenders though. Nice touch. And of course the grenade rig's great. The shoes I can weather myself. The chain, OK.

that sucks....why can't they do the movable eyes for both head sculpts?
Most probably, after a few months you will hear news of a 4th version with a improved cop joker sculpt with movable eyes & a nurse joker....

I agree, cop would have been cool with moveable eyes, but one is cool enough i suppose :google
I agree that undercoat should be a bit more blue aswell ^
I still dont regret buying the V1, it gave the chance to mix and match with the BR head etc, now i've got an army of jokers :p LOL by the time i get this, i'll have 5 1/6th HT jokers and the 1/4. :eek:
v1 with Br head
clown masked Br
custom Br
cop
mob meet
and the rest of TDK line. Damn, i should just give HT my bank account details and tell them to deduct whatever they want :p

Last edited:
:lol:lol Yeah no kidding, I'm elated that I have yet to even purchase a Joker
yet, now with this release I can avoid getting ver.1 and ver.2 all for just one
head sculpt. Buying this one and BR Joker would suffice.

Now I wish I had also waited.

Not so smart for HT though. I'll be very hesitant to purchase ANY 1st figure now... thinking an improved version will certainly be coming down the road.

This could kick them in the ass.

Me too, like others, hopefully it's subtely and nicely done and not cheesy looking. perhaps they're still designingplanning/making it, which is why it wasnt included in the pics?

Back