Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The head and neck should be1 piece

Definitely agree with that. They've been doing tons of headsculpts like that lately, and I usually prefer it broken up for articulation, but her head is so tiny the joint jumps out way more.

To me the sculpt looked fine enough. I didn't sit and compare headshots but it looked a lot like Portman in person.

Here are a couple of pics I took just to add to the thread:
20190717_181030.jpg
sdcc2019-30.jpg
sdcc2019-153.jpg
sdcc2019-154.jpg

Those brightly lit shots help, but she's not going to be lit with klieg lights in most displays. Including mine. She needs more work. Period.

Is that Clooney Batman new for Anicom? I am still waiting for Pfeiffer Catwoman.

an uma thurman poison ivy would be hard to resist. even so i really want that batgirl figure they're cooking up.

Part of the issue is how these figures are presented at cons. Yes, a figure like this one can be made to look decent enough in photos (without any Photoshop trickery) with decent lighting and angles. Most of the time at these Cons, we see a figure that looks unceremoniously plucked from a box and plopped on a stand, barely posed and poorly futzed. With a figure like this Padme, it is possible that with some care in adjusting the outfit and a more considered pose, it would present better than it did at SDCC.

Portrait needs adjusting, outfit needs some work, odd hands have to go and the abrupt neckline needs reconsideration. All of the best lighting and photos in the world are not going to change that. We know the team of artists at HT is capable of better. We've seen it.

Photo from J.c.hong instagram.
I think this looks horrible

Screenshot_20190726-091710_Instagram.jpg

Well, at least we know he's been paying attention. Flattering picture of subpar effort.

Sorry just to clarify "i think it looks horrible" isnt from Hong, im just saying what i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back