Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Portman necessarily gets a say. I think it's more Lucasfilm that needs to sign off on it. Didn't Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher or someone once say that when you sign on to do Star Wars you pretty much sign your likeness away for them to do whatever with? I'm sure the actors get some kind of royalty but I'm not sure they're the ones actually signing off on the product here.

I'm certain she does.

Back in the 70s, when the cast signed deals, merchandise rights weren't really a thing, so it wasn't part of the contract.

With SW being the behemoth it was when the prequels happened, I'd bet merchandise rights were part of Portman's contract.

Hopefully Hot Toys perfects Natalie Portman’s sculpt by the time Thor 4 is released.

They’ll have at least two cracks at this between Padme and Lady Thor.

6afccb61c9a002183d0c96e3f2d5f886.jpg

They should've gone with the Queen version first, with the white makeup covering the likeness it's a lot harder to mess it up. Although I'm in the minority in believing this is actually a good likeness, it's just a better likeness for her now than her in AOTC, if that makes sense.

I actually agree with that. Plus, we would have had a display option with the forthcoming Qui-Gon. And it would have given HT's cut-n-sew team the opportunity to really shine.

I am admittedly surprised that there is anyone who finds what is on display right now at SDCC acceptable. I was over in the Marvel section and saw the figure of Mantis and MY GOD! She looks incredible! THAT is the reaction I wanted all of us to have seeing a HT Padme for the first time, not one of "what a missed opportunity". Well, HT will have another stab at Portman with the new Thor movie. I hope it's good for Thor fans. And I hope they revisit this AOTC Padme before release and give her a good makeover worthy of the character and not what is now looking like a throwaway effort.

I am admittedly surprised that there is anyone who finds what is on display right now at SDCC acceptable. I was over in the Marvel section and saw the figure of Mantis and MY GOD! She looks incredible! THAT is the reaction I wanted all of us to have seeing a HT Padme for the first time, not one of "what a missed opportunity". Well, HT will have another stab at Portman with the new Thor movie. I hope it's good for Thor fans. And I hope they revisit this AOTC Padme before release and give her a good makeover worthy of the character and not what is now looking like a throwaway effort.

That’s where we are in terms of Hot Toys and Star Wars I’m afraid. Marvel is so far ahead in priority, and rightly so.

I always get the feeling a lot of the star wars sculpts were done a while back and are only now being released staggered.

Am I the only one who lost total interest in this after learning Natalie Portman will be the Mighty Thor?
Can't wait for that figure of natalie!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who lost total interest in this after learning Natalie Portman will be the Mighty Thor?

Probably.

I would much sooner have a Star Wars version.
No interest in Hot Toys Marvel figures. They are nice of course, but for the price and amount of space they take up, it is Star wars only for me.

I believe HT’s is so invested in Marvel that everything else takes a backseat.No way this is the final product.

I need both!

Natalie Portman’s face could be obscured depending on if the costume has a mask.

If Marvel decides on a mask for Love and Thunder, hopefully the figure has an unmasked sculpt.

It takes several iterations for Hot Toys to perfect these sculpts, particularly for some female figures. Take Black Widow for example.

I was wondering if AOTC Padawan Anakin will be up next along side with Padme, he was technically teased in Count Dooku promotion pics last year.

Why does it take a few incarnations to perfect a HS (I don't mean protos, I mean actual productions)? Don't they understand if it is off and rely on customers' feedback?

I need both!

Natalie Portman’s face could be obscured depending on if the costume has a mask.

If Marvel decides on a mask for Love and Thunder, hopefully the figure has an unmasked sculpt.

It takes several iterations for Hot Toys to perfect these sculpts, particularly for some female figures. Take Black Widow for example.
I'm a fan of Natalie Portman and agree that hot toys don't do female figures as well as the male ones.
The Padme headsculpt is good enough but the rest of the figure sort of turn me off. Honestly sort of like Princess Leia, but her costume is too iconic that I bought it anyway. Maybe I'll still end up getting Padme in this costume cos I love Natalie and Mighty Thor is still 2 years away, the figure is most likely another 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back