Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely that would be the inspiration for that base, would be looking to see AOTC Ani at some point too.

554916C5-6698-4A24-B991-2A112A6BA8D8.jpeg

I think one of the things that hurts some female HT figures (Padme included) is the width of the neck, they're simply too thin. You can see it on Leia and TFA Rey. The figures that escape it tend to have the neck obscured, like TLJ Rey, Hoth Leia, CW Black Widow, etc. Figures like Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn with custom bodies don't seem to have this problem.

The base looks uniquely cool, too.

The work done on the figures base indicates this will be going up for order soon.
Usually we get a generic stand.

I think this look good, and I would be happy to add it to my collection.

The photos look better, but that’s down to better positioning (no neck view) and a better pose. The neck can be hidden by the poncho as per the live actor photo. Personally I’d like to see this released very soon. I’m getting old!:impatient:

This figure is enticing, but I wouldn't be swayed without some more Episode II figures. And even then, outside of Jango and Arc troopers, I'm not sure there's much there for me in that movie; even Dooku unfortunately. I won't need a third Obi-Wan, and I really don't care for Padawan Anakin (though I was fond of the Hasbro figure with magnetic arm as a kid).

I have much more investment in a TPM Padme as queen. The regal outfit is where the money is at, as that's what HT does best. Plus her, Qui-Gon, and Maul are a good collection for that film.

I have much more investment in a TPM Padme as queen. The regal outfit is where the money is at, as that's what HT does best. Plus her, Qui-Gon, and Maul are a good collection for that film.

Yes, I am of the same thinking here. While I hate the potential thought of this being a real "doll" type look, it would look pretty damn impressive on the shelf !

This figure is enticing, but I wouldn't be swayed without some more Episode II figures. And even then, outside of Jango and Arc troopers, I'm not sure there's much there for me in that movie; even Dooku unfortunately. I won't need a third Obi-Wan, and I really don't care for Padawan Anakin (though I was fond of the Hasbro figure with magnetic arm as a kid).

You mean you wouldn't be all over a Dexter Jettster figure???

I know what you mean with AOTC though. Even as a PT fan I find it difficult to think of more than half a dozen figures I'd want from this movie, unless you count the random Jedi (which could be taken from any of the films) and Clone Trooper ranks. Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, 'Phase 1' Clone Trooper, Jango Fett and maybe a Super Battle Droid.

I think one of the things that hurts some female HT figures (Padme included) is the width of the neck, they're simply too thin. You can see it on Leia and TFA Rey. The figures that escape it tend to have the neck obscured, like TLJ Rey, Hoth Leia, CW Black Widow, etc. Figures like Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn with custom bodies don't seem to have this problem.

The skinny Barbie doll necks and exposed Barbie doll neck joint makes every female figure that doesn't have hair covering the head neck connection look terrible. Hot Toys can fix it by making a new female body that doesn't have the neck already attached but they prefer to go with the existing cheaper option.

The skinny Barbie doll necks and exposed Barbie doll neck joint makes every female figure that doesn't have hair covering the head neck connection look terrible. Hot Toys can fix it by making a new female body that doesn't have the neck already attached but they prefer to go with the existing cheaper option.
Many female characters and designs have their chest partially exposed and lower collars than their male counterparts. A body with a full neck would forgo a more seamless appearance for one with a giant gap at the collar to accommodate it. You're trading a joint obscured by ears and hair for one with a Mezco neck.

Hard pass.

The simplest solution is to slightly, and I mean slightly, thicken the neck in the upper torso overlay, and inch the margin of the socket on the neck to more closely contour the ear and hairline.

Many female characters and designs have their chest partially exposed and lower collars than their male counterparts. A body with a full neck would forgo a more seamless appearance for one with a giant gap at the collar to accommodate it. You're trading a joint obscured by ears and hair for one with a Mezco neck.

Hard pass.

The simplest solution is to slightly, and I mean slightly, thicken the neck in the upper torso overlay, and inch the margin of the socket on the neck to more closely contour the ear and hairline.

I am saying hot toys should have both types of bodies. One to use if the head neck area is covered by tbe costume and one to use if it's not. Every Leia figure would have benefited from the head and neck being one piece but first hot toys need to create the type of body for it.

Funny how 1neck seam can persuade an otherwise automatic order for me to a big NO.

It's not Portman, yet. If it is produced this way, then it's better to wait queen version.

Still disappointed that this is what they want to offer for this character.
I may take a pass.

Sculpt looks more like a boy wearing lipstick than it does Portman. The outfit should be much more skin tight. But whatever, they needed to make the battle damaged version of the outfit for this to be a big seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back