1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my figure and the sculpt doesn't look as bad in natural lighting. The likeness to Paul Rudd is DEFINITELY there but the teeth is what makes it strange. Displayed him still with the unmasked head sculpt since I display all my figures unmasked. Will update the thread with pictures soon!

Bet it?s one of those that doesn?t look that bad in person thing. I can?t wait to get mine.
Waiting for the pics!

Took some pictures and well, I can definitely confirm that the sculpt looks better in person rather than in pictures. It's not a good sculpt but it isn't THAT terrible either. Looks terrible in pictures though.

Ant-Man-2.jpg
Ant-Man-3.jpg
Ant-Man-4.jpg
Ant-Man.jpg

Nothing worse than reading someone post at the top of a new page that the sculpt is actually not that bad in hand. Then scroll down slowly past a few helmeted sculpts, then be confronted with that huge teethy smile.

I know you said it doesn't photograph well, but NOT a good look.

He said is wasnt that bad... he didn?t say it was good [emoji1787]

In terms of sculpt I can see Paul Rudd and it?s a good likeness... but those teeth make it look like he is pulling a comedy face - Jim Carey doing the ?dry mouth? scene in Me, Myself and Irene comes to mind.

Nothing worse than reading someone post at the top of a new page that the sculpt is actually not that bad in hand. Then scroll down slowly past a few helmeted sculpts, then be confronted with that huge teethy smile.

I know you said it doesn't photograph well, but NOT a good look.

Honestly, it's how I feel. It's not too bad, but it's not good either. Mixed bag for me, but hey, to each his own.

He said is wasnt that bad... he didn?t say it was good [emoji1787]

In terms of sculpt I can see Paul Rudd and it?s a good likeness... but those teeth make it look like he is pulling a comedy face - Jim Carey doing the ?dry mouth? scene in Me, Myself and Irene comes to mind.

The likeness is there, it's at the top shelf in my bedroom and when I glance once in a while it does look like Paul Rudd. It's the smile that's really really off.

I received my Ant-Man today, and besides a broken cradle for the display base, I also had this strange indentation in the left thigh. It's not just the suit; the leg feels dented there too. Anyone else encounter something like this?

IMG_1512.jpg

I received my Ant-Man today, and besides a broken cradle for the display base, I also had this strange indentation in the left thigh. It's not just the suit; the leg feels dented there too. Anyone else encounter something like this?

View attachment 492381

Well crap. I checked mine that came in yesterday and it has the exact same issue. It?s on both of his inner thighs but is worse on his left just the same as yours. I have a loose thread on the back of mine too plus some flaws on his helmet. It?s always a bummer when these things pop up because of the high cost and waiting. I have an internal struggle on whether to get over it or go through the hassle of contacting CS.

I was hopeful I could smooth it out or readjust the leg within the suit, but it?s too tight of a fit.

Well the seam on mine in the back is pretty bad. The seam protrudes and has a frayed string sticking out. The belt is warped from the seam sticking out so far. I contacted SSC for a replacement but they won?t send me a new one. I?m just going to return it. I?m pretty miffed at SSC especially with the amount of $$ I?ve spent there recently. Do they refund the shipping cost too? The website wasn?t clear on this. I?m referring to the original shipping and not the return one which they should cover.

Well the seam on mine in the back is pretty bad. The seam protrudes and has a frayed string sticking out. The belt is warped from the seam sticking out so far. I contacted SSC for a replacement but they won?t send me a new one. I?m just going to return it. I?m pretty miffed at SSC especially with the amount of $$ I?ve spent there recently. Do they refund the shipping cost too? The website wasn?t clear on this. I?m referring to the original shipping and not the return one which they should cover.

Sorry to hear that...although can't you just cut the frayed string...or would that somehow make it worse?

Back