1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 6969 Star Wars Episode I 1/6 Scale Jar-Jar Binks Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This before a Death Star Trooper? Messo not so happy April fools joke or not. Blah PT, OT or bust .

With JarJar's hot toys number he would need the long tongue accessory to live up to the number.

Unsellable characters : PT & ST are full of them !!!

With the rising prices, who really want a 1/6 Eeth Koth, 1/6 Maz Kanata, 1/6 Watto, 1/6 Young Ani', 1/6 Ric Olié, 1/6 Nute Gunray, 1/6 Holdo, 1/6 Rose Tico, 1/6 Jocasta Nu, 1/6 Snoke, ...

While I'm not interested in any figures, I do think Jar Jar (and Watto for that matter) are pretty good character designs from a visual standpoint. I remember in 98/99 when the Hasbro figures were revealed and I hadn't seen the movie yet, how awesome my brother and I thought these looked. My first PT hasbro figure was Darth Maul, his Jar Jar. Then we both got Watto soon after.

Knew it was a joke coming in but would actually buy one.

I would too if it wasnt $235 +. I dont have as big of a problem with him as others had, to me he wasnt worse than the ewoks. My hasbro binks is wearing darth mauls robe and sitting on the emporer throne.

While I'm not interested in any figures, I do think Jar Jar (and Watto for that matter) are pretty good character designs from a visual standpoint. I remember in 98/99 when the Hasbro figures were revealed and I hadn't seen the movie yet, how awesome my brother and I thought these looked. My first PT hasbro figure was Darth Maul, his Jar Jar. Then we both got Watto soon after.

If you look at the original concept art of Jar Jar, he looks pretty good and he is, really, no sillier than Ewoks, Salacious, Sy Snootles etc. Those initial Binks designs are very "Star Warsy" and he fits into the SW universe. It's just that the execution of the character was an abject failure.

Also, I would get this if it were actually solicited. Love him, hate him, or just scratch your head and wonder "what the heck was Lucas thinking" DoubleJ was a key character in the prequels, so I feel he's needed in the collection. Kid Anakin was also annoying, but would get that as well. I do like the idea of the 2-pack with Anakin.

Unsellable characters : PT & ST are full of them !!!

With the rising prices, who really want a 1/6 Eeth Koth, 1/6 Maz Kanata, 1/6 Watto, 1/6 Young Ani', 1/6 Ric Olié, 1/6 Nute Gunray, 1/6 Holdo, 1/6 Rose Tico, 1/6 Jocasta Nu, 1/6 Snoke, ...

I’ll take a 1:6 HotToys Snoke please

I would definitely pick up a Hot Toys Jar-Jar just for his polarizing effect.

He would be displayed in a special shelf along with an ewok, TPM Ani and TLJ Rose Tico (had to look her name up)...

Maybe an HT "Ultimate Naboo edition" with Cpt PAnaka & Gungan warrior could sell if done as an exclusive

I'd buy a Hot Toys Jar Jar, because I like the design, and we could do with more Star Wars aliens.

Plus, on the shelf he doesn't ever speak... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back