1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 6969 Star Wars Episode I 1/6 Scale Jar-Jar Binks Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll take a 1:6 HotToys Snoke please

Me too, for sure! I think the TLJ hate is obscuring how badass this character was. So much going for Snoke, IMO, as an all-time SW villain. No corny dialogue, no complex efforts to give him a backstory that only ends up taking away from his badassness, great CGI, and outstanding performance from Andy Serkis. Watching Snoke just toying with these uber-powered young Force users was great. And his downfall only came as the result of a classic bad guy flaw: overconfidence in his own superiority. If HT makes a Snoke, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

As for a Jar Jar figure . . . ugh! It would just make it that much harder for me to continue pretending that the prequels never existed. The PT pains me with all of the goofiness, overuse of CGI, strained (and unnecessary connections to OT elements), horrendous acting, and even more horrendous dialogue. No PT figures for me (even though the Obi-Wan looks fantastic). Certainly no Jar-Jar. :slap

Me too, for sure! I think the TLJ hate is obscuring how badass this character was. So much going for Snoke, IMO, as an all-time SW villain. No corny dialogue, no complex efforts to give him a backstory that only ends up taking away from his badassness, great CGI, and outstanding performance from Andy Serkis. Watching Snoke just toying with these uber-powered young Force users was great. And his downfall only came as the result of a classic bad guy flaw: overconfidence in his own superiority. If HT makes a Snoke, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

As for a Jar Jar figure . . . ugh! It would just make it that much harder for me to continue pretending that the prequels never existed. The PT pains me with all of the goofiness, overuse of CGI, strained (and unnecessary connections to OT elements), horrendous acting, and even more horrendous dialogue. No PT figures for me (even though the Obi-Wan looks fantastic). Certainly no Jar-Jar. :slap

Totally disagree. TFA and TLJ made the prequels actually look decent. At least Jar Jar was novel unlike the Emperor rehash (Snoke). If hot toys made a Jar Jar Finn they should def make Jar Jar Binks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally disagree. TFA and TLJ made the prequels actually look decent. At least Jar Jar was novel unlike the Emperor rehash (Snoke). If hot toys made a Jar Jar Finn they should def make Jar Jar Binks!

Totally true. The sequel trilogy has made me appreciate the prequels a lot more.

Do me a favor: watch both a sequel movie and a prequel movie back-to-back. Seriously. If you can ever set aside five hours, just watch either TFA or TLJ, then immediately follow that by watching any one of the three prequels. If the ridiculous dialogue, foolish (and borderline-offensive) accents, stiff acting, absurd goofiness, and the steady dismantling of the persona behind what had been the greatest cinema villain ever created don't become more painfully obvious about the prequels in contrast to the flaws of TFA/TLJ (and yes, I know there are plenty), then we can agree to disagree. And that's perfectly fine. I actually envy anyone who can manage to enjoy the prequels. I love Star Wars, and so I wish I could watch any of the prequels without burying my face in my hand in embarrassment and throwing up a little in my mouth.

As for Snoke, I'll gladly take anything reminiscent of a great OT character over any novel/original concept of a buffoon fumbling with bombs, stepping in excrement, squealing like a cartoon, and reducing Star Wars to pure infantile slapstick with no redeeming value. Outside of the LS battles involving Obi-Wan, I find nothing in the prequels that is even remotely close to the Snoke throne room scenes in TLJ when it comes to Star Wars feeling "cool" to me again (and like it's actually taking itself seriously again). Snoke felt to me like an extension of the "role" of the Emperor, and not just a rehash of the original character. It would be like saying that Thomas Jefferson was just a rehash of George Washington. There are going to be similarities just by nature of the role being filled by both, and by the chronological proximity to one another.

Sorry for that diatribe. The prequels (and Jar-Jar especially) is a sore subject for me. :lol I mean no disrespect to prequel fans; I (like many others) just wanted/expected so much more from those movies.

As a prequel fan I'm sorry you can't enjoy them like I do. It's also sad you consider them all as bad as each other; most people recognize ROTS as the standout.

The Maker made them different on purpose. It helped to go into them with no preconceived notions. And to expect that because this was a "more civilized age" it was going to be tonally different to the OT.

Will this April Fools joke of a thread turn into a prequel trilogy vs. sequel trilogy debate?... You betchya!

Do me a favor: watch both a sequel movie and a prequel movie back-to-back. Seriously. If you can ever set aside five hours, just watch either TFA or TLJ, then immediately follow that by watching any one of the three prequels. If the ridiculous dialogue, foolish (and borderline-offensive) accents, stiff acting, absurd goofiness, and the steady dismantling of the persona behind what had been the greatest cinema villain ever created don't become more painfully obvious about the prequels in contrast to the flaws of TFA/TLJ (and yes, I know there are plenty), then we can agree to disagree. And that's perfectly fine. I actually envy anyone who can manage to enjoy the prequels. I love Star Wars, and so I wish I could watch any of the prequels without burying my face in my hand in embarrassment and throwing up a little in my mouth.

As for Snoke, I'll gladly take anything reminiscent of a great OT character over any novel/original concept of a buffoon fumbling with bombs, stepping in excrement, squealing like a cartoon, and reducing Star Wars to pure infantile slapstick with no redeeming value. Outside of the LS battles involving Obi-Wan, I find nothing in the prequels that is even remotely close to the Snoke throne room scenes in TLJ when it comes to Star Wars feeling "cool" to me again (and like it's actually taking itself seriously again). Snoke felt to me like an extension of the "role" of the Emperor, and not just a rehash of the original character. It would be like saying that Thomas Jefferson was just a rehash of George Washington. There are going to be similarities just by nature of the role being filled by both, and by the chronological proximity to one another.

Sorry for that diatribe. The prequels (and Jar-Jar especially) is a sore subject for me. :lol I mean no disrespect to prequel fans; I (like many others) just wanted/expected so much more from those movies.

I wasn’t saying the prequels were good I just meant compared to Katherine Kennedy’s feminist soap box I appreciate them more. The prequels are the better of two evils in other words. I share your hatred but for the new stuff. I’ll never forget leaving the theatre after watching TFA (after fighting the urge to fall asleep) feeling like I just watched a home video of some Star Wars fans imitating ANH but with different character names. I literally “prophesied” every major plot point in TFA cause I basically assumed it would rehash ESB and ROTJ. I was one of the few people who expressed my hatred for TFA because I knew where it was headed and sure enough after TLJ pretty much every other Star Wars fan came on board to share my animosity. I’m not bragging cause this is a prediction I wish I got wrong. Anyway just my POV. I respect every bodies opinion. The conversation and disagreements make for entertaining water cooler talks haha

Me too, for sure! I think the TLJ hate is obscuring how badass this character was. So much going for Snoke, IMO, as an all-time SW villain. No corny dialogue, no complex efforts to give him a backstory that only ends up taking away from his badassness, great CGI, and outstanding performance from Andy Serkis. Watching Snoke just toying with these uber-powered young Force users was great. And his downfall only came as the result of a classic bad guy flaw: overconfidence in his own superiority. If HT makes a Snoke, I'd buy it in a heartbeat

Well said for sure!!! I agree with everything you said here!! 🤘🏻

Back to where it started, Mr Binks.....
Sideways. As pics should be....
59D3CE26-C869-476A-8C1B-48F33331D54D.jpg

Would buy it! Binks has become far more tolerable over the years, especially since the Disney takeover. Kind of like him these days. The last 5 years have produced far far more annoying characters (e.g. L3, Rose Tico, Holdo, DJ etc.) than Jar Jar ever was. Plus he?s a great design. Pack him in a 2-pack with a Little Ani and Hot Toys can have my money.

Would buy it! Binks has become far more tolerable over the years, especially since the Disney takeover. Kind of like him these days. The last 5 years have produced far far more annoying characters (e.g. L3, Rose Tico, Holdo, DJ etc.) than Jar Jar ever was. Plus he?s a great design. Pack him in a 2-pack with a Little Ani and Hot Toys can have my money.

I'm with you here. I always liked the Gungan design and let's face it, he's as much the face of the PT as anyone. I like the little Ani two-pack idea as the Hasbro one I had is a bit...dated. I do still display the Hasbro Jar Jar along with my Sideshow and HT PT figures. It holds up pretty well for $20 bucks :)

I agree! I remember what a scourge he was way back when. The very symbol of the prequel horror!

Now he’s a piece of nostalgia that makes us long for Lucas owned LucasFilm.

I’d buy him!

Regardless of how people felt about him at the time he was a character created by George with only good intentions. Sure his humour went a bit wide of the mark, no big deal. I thought the Jar Jar humour was written far better in the Clone Wars btw. Compare that to some of the characters placed in TLJ, and even Solo in the case of L3, who were only put there to prove some sort of political point (also going well wide of the mark) and just to antagonise fans. Yeah, Jar Jar is just fine in my books by comparison.

L3 was ridiculed by other characters in Solo. It almost seemed like self deprecating humor on Lucasfilm’s part after all the accusations of politics in the TLJ. No one took L3 seriously and then she blew up and lost her independence tied to a hunk of chunk for eternity.

Yeah I'm in the camp where I haven't seen the PT since it was on the big screen but I still like some of the character designs and would buy figures of them - JarJar, Boss Nass and Watto are examples of that.

I really can't relate those movies to the OT in any way at all (crossover characters notwithstanding, they exist in a separate story universe to me, almost like a CGI animated spin-off I have zero interest in) but I'm okay displaying the figures.

But those hasbro figures are really very well done. I sold my Boss Nass and Watto a few years ago and occasionally regret I did it, though the pleather is starting to go off on most of those 90's/early 2000s Hasbro 12" figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back