Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right to be wary. Between oversauration of the market and a shift in the economy, there was absolutely a swing towards peg-warmers and deep discounts, and as a result prices all went down. Someone on the aftermarket couldn't sell a figure at a premium if it was sitting on Sideshow's website brand new for MSRP--or less, considering the deep-discount programs of the last few years. But Sideshow and HT aren't stupid--they aren't going to continue overproducing and overstocking. That correction is already being made. Aftermarket prices are dictated entirely by demand--and when the flood of overproduced figures ends, the demand and the prices will go back up.
That was my thought process, thank you for putting it eloquently. The only ones who know the numbers are Hot toys, but listening to authorized vendors of sideshow, and resellers/consumers overseas, it does not seem to be a bluff. These are not marvel legends, if people think that they won't even retain their MSRP value, the amount they sell will go down.

My advice is to look at all the facts and make your own decision. These are not speculative assets so I don't recommend buying if you don't actually want it. But if you do want something and it's going waitlist/low stock at most vendors, you are gambling on the amount of people that change their mind and resell when they receive theirs is greater than the demand of everyone that wants it but didn't order. That's a personal decision, of course.

After the dismal performance of The Flash, I would buy anything Keaton Bats... it may be your last chance.
I remain incredibly bitter at how WB handled Keaton's return, because he was easily one of the best things about the Flash movie, and hearing how the cancelled Batgirl film leaned far heavier into the Burton-Gothic aesthetic really bums me out. We should be celebrating the Keaton-Batman Renaissance right now, instead of feeling like it's a funeral for a legendary Batman incarnation...

At least the 89 comic series is continuing.
oeruogq-1692638829516.jpg

I digress. I had been leaning towards the Deluxe version, but I'm running low on space and I'm currently debating whether the diorama piece is worth the extra $70, and that doesn't factor in the taxes and shipping. I don't even think the gargoyle would fit in a Detolf and I'd have to move the pieces around anyway. I still want it... but the sensible part of my brain is telling me to pump the brakes and go with the standard version.

Just to add to some of the earlier conversation about things becoming more scarce, the owner of Alter Ego Comics (which still has the regular version up for pre-order btw) had sent this email out at the end of 2022 and I thought it was interesting:
IMG_9136.JPG

Good. Who cares if we “miss out”.

I’m not convinced that the sale numbers are very high for toys these days anyway. If not enough people are buying, hopefully these companies stop producing. If they’re not producing product, there’s no compulsion to obtain it.

So, my ass is trying to prove a point to somebody. Am I crazy or did someone here butcher a DX 09 and overlay the armor plates over an actual bodysuit like in the movie? I could’ve sworn I saw it years ago, but I can’t remember.
Yes that was me. It was actually really pretty simple and still is in good shape. I sold my collection several years ago but I kept it. HT could have done it this go around given how complex their costumes have gotten but must not have wanted to put in the effort.

That was awesome. I was envious, tried to do the same thing after you inspired me, but pussied out when it came to cutting up the actual suit.

It’s what they should have done for this 2.0

That was awesome. I was envious, tried to do the same thing after you inspired me, but pussied out when it came to cutting up the actual suit.

It’s what they should have done for this 2.0
I bought an extra when some place had broke them down. I never finished it through. Had the knee pads left.

Just to add to some of the earlier conversation about things becoming more scarce, the owner of Alter Ego Comics (which still has the regular version up for pre-order btw) had sent this email out at the end of 2022 and I thought it was interesting:
View attachment 662185
Similar to what Josh from comic concepts said. We'll see if it panes out. Just FYI for everyone. No one is going to pay the scalper prices for you if you miss out.

Yes that was me. It was actually really pretty simple and still is in good shape. I sold my collection several years ago but I kept it. HT could have done it this go around given how complex their costumes have gotten but must not have wanted to put in the effort.
I low-key wish people would bombard their Facebook and Insta comments the way they did with the new 2099 Spider-Man and tell them to fix it. I think it’s pretty pathetic when you could do something that awesome with an xacto knife, some cut and sew, and some patience, but they’ve done what? 4 or 5 revisions of the TDK suit since the DX 02 and, with all their resources and their newfound dick measuring contest with InArt, they still somehow found it acceptable to release this thing with the same body from over a decade ago.

Now that I knew what to look for, I found the thread and your pics, Robbie and yeah, there’s zero reason Hot Toys shouldn’t be delivering something like this at their current station:

I know a lot of people are blown away by this figure, and I admit the likeness is truly amazing, but one thing that has always bothered me was the fact that he is in a full rubber suit. To me a DX should mean a level of detail more then just a rubber suit. So I have embarked on a journey to add a second layer of complexity to the suit. Even though it wont be that noticeable and may even detract from the over all look of the figure, I wanted to give it a try. So I ordered a second body from Toy Anxiety and a black jumper from Kato and started cutting.

Here are photos of my progress. I will continue to post in this thread as it continues.
2012-04-28_16-22-47_410.jpg

2012-04-28_16-08-12_934.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-59_87.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-50_658.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-50_658.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-23_218.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-10_734.jpg

Especially when you’re paying $300+ for a basic figure.
Exactly. It’s weird how they can almost get away with doing less with a more iconic figure than they can some throwaway release. They know that, because it’s a sought after IP with a bunch of nostalgic people and new customers who missed out on the old release clamoring for it in any form, they don’t even have to try.

Even if I’ve got it on P.O, until now, I thought that DX09 was better in terms of likeness.
But on this new pic it is very good.
On the second one from profile, it reminds me a lot the 1/4 Neca.
The fact is it seems different on every shot…
We’ll see in hand.

Back