Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks BigWayne, your memory honores me…😉
A258E581-4FA1-4B84-8465-12B46200541B.jpeg

The new video of the '89 Batman 2.0 figure is great, but is it just me, or does the likeness on the 2.0 version feel slightly weaker than the original?

The new video of the '89 Batman 2.0 figure is great, but is it just me, or does the likeness on the 2.0 version feel slightly weaker than the original?
Like most things in this hobby, it really depends on who you ask. Some feel the knew one looks better, others feel the original DX09 has a better likeness. I prefer this one though I don't think there's a huge difference in terms of likeness. This new one will definitely have better paint apps and eyes though that's for sure as well as overall looking more realistic just due to advances since the DX09 was released.

Last edited:
Yeah some people like the wonky nature of the DX09 since Keaton himself looked wonky in the suit at times.

I think the oversized eyes on the DX09 brings it down a few pegs. He looks too bewildered and crazy on the DX09 since Hot Toys didn't have a good handling of PERs at that stage. Quite happy with how this new version looks. He looks more like an actual human being. Properly sized eyes, more realistic paint work and texture.

432168-keats.jpg

eOulyM2.png

Yeah some people like the wonky nature of the DX09 since Keaton himself looked wonky in the suit at times.

I think the oversized eyes on the DX09 brings it down a few pegs. He looks too bewildered and crazy on the DX09 since Hot Toys didn't have a good handling of PERs at that stage. Quite happy with how this new version looks. He looks more like an actual human being. Properly sized eyes, more realistic paint work and texture.

432168-keats.jpg

eOulyM2.png
The comparisons you've selected really help sell the new figure.

On the DX09, that cut right cheek -- where the mask seems to cut into Keaton's cheek -- was always unsightly.
That's something that always bothered me about the DX09. Anytime I thought of going back to pick it up to put with the Mars KO DX08, I wondered how I might be able to fix that. Thankfully/hopefully, that won't be an issue with the final product of this 2.0

That's something that always bothered me about the DX09. Anytime I thought of going back to pick it up to put with the Mars KO DX08, I wondered how I might be able to fix that. Thankfully/hopefully, that won't be an issue with the final product of this 2.0

Maglor fixed it by sanding down the back of the plate if I remember correctly.

Maglor fixed it by sanding down the back of the plate if I remember correctly.
Yea that's what I figured would be the appropriate fix, but just wasn't sure if that would then make it sort of wobbly and not sit flush at the back any longer. Or, if by sanding it down at the back would that then make the other side sit too deep
It's pretty unsightly in Rondesmo's picture at top.
Yea, it's definitely something I could never get passed. Most folks were probably just happy to have a Keaton Bats that they didn't let it bother them too much. Much like the panel at the back of the head.

Last edited:
Really hope those classic batsuits are made into figures. Same with a Batman Returns 2.0 figure. Give me all the figures I missed HT!

Battle damaged Batman on display at the show.

View attachment 643516
The Returns suit is completely new. The chest and ab shape is different - whole sculpt is softer too. Not as screen acurrate as before. Gauntlets are sculpted on not seperate pieces, cowling areas that met the cape are rounder, and different cape material.

No wrist pegs but why have the hands sculpted as seperate pieces to the rest of the glove?

432168-keats.jpg

eOulyM2.png
Don’t know who made this pic of the DX09 but it’s the worst pic I’ve ever saw and the most unfair comparison.
The DX09 is a much better figure in hand.
6F64B5A2-7AA4-4417-9D2F-48884F727C12.jpeg

DC8FF066-4459-4E98-8841-DA13FAC475D1.jpeg

6DDE6A32-2929-4808-A03B-03C0B06FDBA0.png

C2F4F691-9307-4C84-AEA1-888E88226DBA.png

Although I’ve got the 2.0 on order (DX dio), and I’m not doubting that it will certainly be a superior figure in terms of paint, articulation and maybe finish but , for the moment, from the promo pics, I still think something is off in this new sculpt. Can’t completely read Keaton.
DX09, even with its flaws, really sweats Keaton IMO.
HT really managed to capture the mood and attitude in the 1st sculpt.
2.0 is a great interpretation. Yes it is undoubtedly Batman 89 but it’s less obvious that’s Keaton under the suit for me.
We’ll see in hand.

I think the battle damaged faceplate is great, which is what I plan to display mine with.

I missed out on the DX09 initially. I’m more than fine with this.

234EEE3F-2700-4A71-9ED9-B9F4FFF86A1A.jpeg

48409164-EFA1-4DAE-B979-F12A56B921D5.jpeg

I wonder why, after getting the lower half of his face totally calved up in the Bat-wing crash, he didn't ever think- 'you know what, maybe I should protect my whole face...'

Don’t know who made this pic of the DX09 but it’s the worst pic I’ve ever saw and the most unfair comparison.
The DX09 is a much better figure in hand.
View attachment 643772
View attachment 643773
View attachment 643774
View attachment 643775

Although I’ve got the 2.0 on order (DX dio), and I’m not doubting that it will certainly be a superior figure in terms of paint, articulation and maybe finish but , for the moment, from the promo pics, I still think something is off in this new sculpt. Can’t completely read Keaton.
DX09, even with its flaws, really sweats Keaton IMO.
HT really managed to capture the mood and attitude in the 1st sculpt.
2.0 is a great interpretation. Yes it is undoubtedly Batman 89 but it’s less obvious that’s Keaton under the suit for me.
We’ll see in hand.
This is what I mean. The new version looks so good, with amazing texturing on the cowl, improved paint apps, and I'm sure much improved articulation, but flaws and all, that original sculpt just nailed it in a way that the 2.0 hasn't quite met or exceeded. I'll still likely pick up the deluxe 2.0, but I don't think my DX09 will be going anywhere.

Back